Windows 10: Blurry background text and icons

Discus and support Blurry background text and icons in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, After updating to Windows10 version 1909, my desktop background and text become so blurry. My monitor resolution is 2560x1440 with a 144 Hz... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnsonFyk, Mar 24, 2020.

1. AnsonFyk Win User

Blurry background text and icons

Hi,

After updating to Windows10 version 1909, my desktop background and text become so blurry.

My monitor resolution is 2560x1440 with a 144 Hz refresh rate.

I have a Gtx 1080 display card and I have installed the latest available driver already.

However, when I lower the refresh rate to 60 Hz, the text and images are completely fine, but when it is 144 Hz, they become blurry.

Is there a solution to fix this as I do not want to lower the refresh rate when I have spent extra money for the feature.

Thanks!

:)

AnsonFyk, Mar 24, 2020
  2. radibg2 Win User

Blurry text and low quality icons in taskbar

So, i've scaled my windows to 115% from Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display - set a custom scaling level and now the network and battery icons are with very low quality -
    Blurry background text and icons [​IMG]
    . Most of the text in all apps is not blurry -
    but in others is blurry -
    . When i scale it from the display settings all the text in all apps gets blurry. So how to show these icons and make them show all of their pixels?

radibg2, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Blurry text in windows 10 in some programs

Thank you for the feedback, JK. Have you tried to adjust the compatibility settings of the Microsoft Office programs? If you haven't, then let's adjust it to improve its appearance. Follow these steps:

• Click the Windows icon, then File Explorer.
    • Open Microsoft Office folder.
    • Right-click the icon of the Office program with blurry text and click
      Properties
    • Click the Compatibility tab and check Disable display scaling on high DPI settings.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Blurry background text and icons

Distorted icons and blurry text after Windows 10 update

Hi,

This issue can be due to a system conflict or outdated display driver. Since you just updated your PC, there could be some changes occurred that resulted in this problem.

You may try the steps below to resolve issues with distorted icons and blurry text:

• Type cleartype and select Adjust ClearType text.
    • Tick the box beside Turn on ClearType.
    • Click Next and follow the given instructions.
    • Click Finish at the end of the instructions.

If the issue persists, update the display adapter drivers by following the steps in this
    Forum Article created by
    Andre Da Costa.

Kindly get back to us with the outcome.

*** If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem. ***

Ronalene Mat, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Blurry background text and icons

1. Blurry background text and icons - Similar Threads - Blurry background text

2. blurry text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blurry text: Bonjour,when I put scale at 115%in settings system>screen, a lot of text becomes to be blurry.. Here are 3 screenshots. With windows 10 I didn't have this problem.How could i fix that please? My graphic card is a nvidia rtx 2060. thanks...
  3. blurry text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blurry text: Bonjour,when I put scale at 115%in settings system>screen, a lot of text becomes to be blurry.. Here are 3 screenshots. With windows 10 I didn't have this problem.How could i fix that please? My graphic card is a nvidia rtx 2060. thanks...
  4. Blurry text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blurry text: HiAMD Ryzen 5 5600u intergrated graphicsI have a lenovo ideapad 5 pro and when i run some programs, the text appears to be blurry and some other programs does not have this problem. i've set all my display scaling and resolution to windows recommended and it still does not...
  5. Blurry Text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blurry Text: Hello,i'm facing an issue where text becomes blurry whenever window goes out of focus, or sometimes even when its in focus text becomes blurry, its same on all apps, i've tried enabling ClearType Text and Let Window automatically fix blurry text options but it doesn't do...
  6. Blurry Text

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blurry Text: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/2bx7hp59gs561.png?width=1905&format=png&auto=webp&s=116b2b195cafcaddae1f8538e879c5d783033d38 Hi, I need some help with blurry text across multiple applications, I have clear text on, I have tried to calibrate it multiple times but no...
  7. Blurry text

Blurry text: When I am opening some third-party apps and some inbuilt settings, I am seeing blurry text like a person without his spectacles would see. Can anybody help me with this problem. I am currently using a Lenovo Ideapad slim 3. Also I am facing this problem only at few places....
  8. Blurry text

Blurry text: Hey, on almost every app, i see blurry text. I tried updating the nvidia drivers, didnt work, i tried changing my font, not that either. I don't know what's happening and it's starting to annoy me. Thanks....
  9. Blurry text and low quality icons in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry text and low quality icons in taskbar: So, i've scaled my windows to 115% from Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display - set a custom scaling level and now the network and battery icons are with very low quality - [img] . Most of the text in all apps is not blurry - [img] but in others is blurry -...
  10. Blurry text

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry text: Hello everyone *Smile I’m running the latest, leaked, Windows 10 10147 build and everything works fine on my system. There is one thing though I have observed since the beginning, meaning in earlier builds, as well. And that is blurry text on some Windows components like...