Windows 10: Blurry image on 2nd monitor on extend display

Discus and support Blurry image on 2nd monitor on extend display in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; While my laptop was connected to my TV with an HDMI cable, it used to work normally on the extend display option, yet, as i raised the resolution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by palceu, Sep 18, 2020.

1. palceu Win User

Blurry image on 2nd monitor on extend display

While my laptop was connected to my TV with an HDMI cable, it used to work normally on the extend display option, yet, as i raised the resolution display option for the TV to 1920x1080 for the first time, as opposed to the recommended 1366x768 which was the option used on both monitors before, the image became really blurry, and unlike some other people i've seen with a similar problem, it's not just with external apps, windows app and even the desktop itself are displaying a very low quality image, while the laptop's monitor is still normal, no matter what. Even as i reverted to the usual 1366x768, and even attempted other resolutions, it still didn't go back to the way it was. There's also a weird zoomed in effect now, with the image not quite fitting inside the TV's aspect ratio, cutting half of the taskbar and hiding the top window buttons.

I've attempted many things, from changing the scalingwhich has always been 100% and never been changed, updating the video card drivers, messing around with the TV's settings, rebooting many times, yet nothing seems to work.

With the duplicated displays option, strangely enough, it works just fine, yet the extended display now always makes the TV monitor display a terrible image while the laptop's monitor is just fine.

:)

palceu, Sep 18, 2020

2. how can i add a 2nd monitor to extend my display

how can i add a 2nd monitor to extend my display

Tina Fonger, Sep 18, 2020
  3. how to extend display on new monitor windows 10

right click desktop>>display settings

scroll down and select extend to this desktop, go up and apply.

click on the 2nd monitor icon and do the same for it and apply. restart PC.

If you want #2 monitor as the #1 MAIN monitor, then drag the #2 monitor icon left to the #1 position and restart PC.

I also suggest to set the resolution for both displays the same.

Seahawks_1965, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Blurry image on 2nd monitor on extend display

Blurry Apps on second monitor

Hi and thanks for answering.

Are you sure you read my question in the first place ?

I have no issue accessing my external display. I'm running a laptop with a high-dpi monitor, that is extended to a standard-dpi 22" monitor, and here's what my problem is :

- my high-dpi monitor is showing most of my apps fine (legacy windows apps are blurry, but that's not a big issue)

- what's more of an issue is this : when I drag any app that is not a native Windows 10 app (ie : Google Chrome) on my extended monitor, it shows up blurry. Only native Windows 10 apps are showing up crisp and clear on my extended monitor

I tried upgrading my Intel HD drivers and performed a SFC, but none of these steps solved my issue.

How can I solve my problem ?

Thanks

thsadopter, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Blurry image on 2nd monitor on extend display

1. Blurry image on 2nd monitor on extend display - Similar Threads - Blurry image 2nd

2. Extending Monitor Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extending Monitor Display: I am using a television as a second monitor, but when I extend the display, it gives me a "not supported" box. The main monitor however is fine, but all the windows and icons disappear, and I am left with only the taskbar on the screen as if my main monitor has become the...
  3. Extending Monitor Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extending Monitor Display: I am using a television as a second monitor, but when I extend the display, it gives me a "not supported" box. The main monitor however is fine, but all the windows and icons disappear, and I am left with only the taskbar on the screen as if my main monitor has become the...
  4. 2nd monitor not displaying?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2nd monitor not displaying?: Windows 10 home fully up to date, 32 gig of ram 6 cores Wasn't sure where to post this problem as it could be caused by a number of things? Anyway, I use a dual monitor display connected to a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 super graphics card, the card is only 2 months old and...
  5. 2nd monitor not displaying?

in Windows 10 Support
    2nd monitor not displaying?: Windows 10 home fully up to date, 32 gig of ram 6 cores Wasn't sure where to post this problem as it could be caused by a number of things? Anyway, I use a dual monitor display connected to a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 super graphics card, the card is only 2 months old and...
  6. Extending Display to a 2nd PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extending Display to a 2nd PC: Is there a way to extend the display of 1 laptop to a 2nd laptop? How do you make the 2nd laptop visible so if can be detected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extending-display-to-a-2nd-pc/9b1f9aab-1319-4b59-b825-2de8fa870a30
  7. 2nd display monitor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2nd display monitor: how do a separate display monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-display-monitor/09d4b72e-1bb8-4645-8a67-76c0240bbd03"
  8. Blurry fonts on secondary extended display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blurry fonts on secondary extended display: i just bought a new LG 27UD58-B 27 inch/4K display and the resolution is gorgeous. however it recommends 150% scaling and the ST2210 Dell monitor recommends 100%. if I have both cards in the NVIDIA GTX 960 GPU and I scale the LG to 150% the Dell does the same and the font...
  9. Blurry Extended Display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Blurry Extended Display: Hi, Currently I'm using an MSI GL62 6QD laptop with a resolution of 1920x1080. I have an external monitor I have just connected today (Dell 2407WFP-HC) at a resolution of 1920x1200, I am using it as an extended display. Now the problem is that when this monitor is...
  10. Programs on 2nd monitor (extended display) minimize to primary

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs on 2nd monitor (extended display) minimize to primary: I am running W10 Pro 1607 14393.10. This problem has occured in earlier builds. I have a 2nd monitor that I have set as an extended display. I usually keep Adobe Reader open to view pdf as I work. If I leave my pc and return to enter password, it is not fully sleep - it...