Windows 10: Blurry login screen without login prompt after screen locking

Discus and support Blurry login screen without login prompt after screen locking in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Using a Lenovo T490 and a Thunderbolt 3 dock. I don't know if either of those factor in but either way I have an issue with the login screen completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cr0ft, Mar 30, 2021.

1. /u/cr0ft Win User

Blurry login screen without login prompt after screen locking

Using a Lenovo T490 and a Thunderbolt 3 dock. I don't know if either of those factor in but either way I have an issue with the login screen completely failing to bring up the password prompt. Just stuck on a blurry background and a few on-screen buttons that do let me reboot etc, but no way to enter password.

I found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...n-screen/b63b7722-41ef-4cfa-9220-b3609452f8a0 about it and did the whole reboot thing and recovery mode and cleaned out all those caches, but it still leaves me with no way to log back in once I lock the computer - have to force a reboot and then I can log in.

This is annoying as shit, obviously.

I have all recent patches for everything, including the Thunderbolt dock firmware and the PC.

Sometimes removing the Thunderbolt cable repeatedly may jar Windows 10 into cooperating and presenting a login prompt, but mostly not.

I assume nobody knows and I won't get a reply, but posting anyway in case someone does.

submitted by /u/cr0ft
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cr0ft, Mar 30, 2021

2. No login prompt at login screen

Post #8 “I can login to the computer after restart, but every locking after it causes the problem.”

http://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/...-computer.html
    Check Way 3: Lock computer in Screen Saver Settings.
    Step 1: Type lock computer in the search box on taskbar and choose Lock the computer when I leave it alone for a period of time.
    Step 2: In the Screen Saver Settings dialog, choose On resume, display logon screen and hit OK.
    Is “On resume, display log on screen” checked?

Blurry login screen without login prompt after screen locking [​IMG]

MeAndMyComputer, Mar 30, 2021
  3. twjames66 Win User
    Show Lock Screen on Login Screen

When I set the Lock Screen to display for the Login Screen it does show, but just as a blurry image of the actual image set for the lock screen does this happen for everyone or does the Login screen show the same as it does for the lock screen?

WIN 10 Pro 64Bit

Thank you,

James

twjames66, Mar 30, 2021
  4. Shohambs Win User

No login prompt at login screen

I checked it, and still after the screen saver started, the prompt didn't appear

Shohambs, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Blurry login screen without login prompt after screen locking - Similar Threads - Blurry login screen

2. No login screen after lock screen black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No login screen after lock screen black screen: I booted up my PC today and the wallpaper has changed to a blank background, when you hit a key to try and go to the login screen it just puts you onto a black screen that never loads, before putting you back on the lock screen.Rebooted pc a few times and from the socket too...
  3. No login screen after lock screen black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No login screen after lock screen black screen: I booted up my PC today and the wallpaper has changed to a blank background, when you hit a key to try and go to the login screen it just puts you onto a black screen that never loads, before putting you back on the lock screen.Rebooted pc a few times and from the socket too...
  4. Blurry login screen and can't login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry login screen and can't login: I was working and noticed my browser was slow so I cleared my cache, then went into my files to get a img and my files would take minutes or not even load. So I turned off a few programs and CPU was 4%-7% and memory was around 28%. I have externals for games and data for some...
  5. Blurry login screen and can't login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blurry login screen and can't login: I was working and noticed my browser was slow so I cleared my cache, then went into my files to get a img and my files would take minutes or not even load. So I turned off a few programs and CPU was 4%-7% and memory was around 28%. I have externals for games and data for some...
  6. Locked login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked login screen: [IMG] i am being asked to log in but i have not set up sn account. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-login-screen/0c44ccac-b666-4c9f-a080-668a48310b78
  7. How to rename login screen login prompt

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to rename login screen login prompt: I have a computer that has a duplicate "Other User" login prompt. We have a global policy that puts four login options ,but the issue isn't getting corrected after I run ggpupdate /force. The prompts should say: Other User Password Local or Domain Account Smart Card...
  8. No login prompt at login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No login prompt at login screen: As can be seen in the picture, sometimes after locking the computer, unlocking is impossible because there is no where to enter the password and the screen is almost empty but the options on the bottom left. Any way to fix that? [img] 63359
  9. No login prompt after locking screen

No login prompt after locking screen: Hello, I locked my company computer last Friday because it had to make some calculations. When I came back on Tuesday and wanted to unlock it, there was only a black screen with my mouse pointer. After pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL the background of the login screen appeared, but...
  10. No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.

No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.: After I configured to start up the Windows 10 with the safe mode as following method for uninstalling a software, it does not prompt to enter a password at login screen anymore. It was working fine until now. [img] [img] I have tried following but no luck....