Windows 10: Blurry Old Apps In Windows 10

Discus and support Blurry Old Apps In Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I run 64-bit Windows 10, and when I use a somewhat old application that I downloaded, like Code Blocks (which, I assume, has 32-bit graphics), the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Minor Architect, May 25, 2019.

1. Blurry Old Apps In Windows 10

I run 64-bit Windows 10, and when I use a somewhat old application that I downloaded, like Code Blocks (which, I assume, has 32-bit graphics), the text-box popups and other elements look blurry, like this: Blurry Old Apps In Windows 10 2e5e7905-12ff-4673-b5e8-3eebbe79b25d?upload=true.png It bugs me a lot. Does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

Minor Architect, May 25, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 25, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 25, 2019
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Blurry Old Apps In Windows 10

Apps that are out of focus appear blurry

Hello,

This is a known issue for old applications that doesn't support the new DPI scaling changes on Windows 10. You can define these applications as a DPI-unaware process by following the steps below:

1. Launch the application that you are having issues with scaling.
    2. Right-click the application in the task bar.
    3. Right-click the name of the application and then select Properties.
    4. Click the Compatibility tab.
    5. Under Settings, check the Override high DPI scaling behavior
      option.
    6. Under Scaling performed by drop-down menu, select System (Enhanced).
    7. Click Apply.
    8. Click Ok.

Afer performing these steps, Windows 10 will handle the scaling behaviour and will fix issues with the interface and text being blurry for that application.

Let me know how it goes.

Ferdz Amp, May 25, 2019
Thema:

Blurry Old Apps In Windows 10

1. Blurry Old Apps In Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Blurry Old Apps

2. Blurry Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry Apps: I have Windows 10. Certain apps that use a certain architecture fade between blurry and sharp constantly. This has been happening for several years. Here are apps it happens in:+ CurseForge a gaming app+ Notion a productivity app+ Signal messaging appWhile I have focus on the...
  3. Blurry Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blurry Apps: I have Windows 10. Certain apps that use a certain architecture fade between blurry and sharp constantly. This has been happening for several years. Here are apps it happens in:+ CurseForge a gaming app+ Notion a productivity app+ Signal messaging appWhile I have focus on the...
  4. Blurry Apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Blurry Apps in Windows 10/11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry Apps in Windows 10/11: The thread located here - Blurry apps in Win11 - Microsoft Communitywas locked for some reason and does NOT contain an accurate resolution. It seems that is par for the course on most so-called answers here. So, I thought I would reply to that post with this one. Not a...
  6. Blurry Apps in Windows 10/11

Blurry Apps in Windows 10/11: The thread located here - Blurry apps in Win11 - Microsoft Communitywas locked for some reason and does NOT contain an accurate resolution. It seems that is par for the course on most so-called answers here. So, I thought I would reply to that post with this one. Not a...
  7. Blurry windows/apps

Blurry windows/apps: Some apps and windows are blurry and I'm not sure why. Here is one of those blurry windows: [ATTACH]Someone please give me a fix to this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blurry-windowsapps/195e5431-0df4-4bee-b5e7-c9909ff02e35
  8. Blurry app fix for Windows 10 v1709

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blurry app fix for Windows 10 v1709: Hello, I have an older version 1709 of Windows 10, which I cannot find a fix for the blurry apps on my high resolution display - Microsoft's listed solutions to this only pertain only to later versions of Windows 10. Of course, these can be fixed in the Microsoft apps by...
  9. Fix apps that appear blurry in Windows 10

Fix apps that appear blurry in Windows 10: How do I get rid of the "Fix apps that appear blurry" VIRUS in Windows 10? It appears every time I start Windows or login and dismissing it or sending it to Notifications just causes it to appear again next time....
  10. Pictured Are Blurry in Windows 10 Photos App

Pictured Are Blurry in Windows 10 Photos App: Anyone else finding that pictures in the Windows 10 Photos App are blurry? The same pictures are perfect in the Windows Photo Viewer. I'm not sure how to demo it as I don't know how it's going to display on your screen and I'm not sure whether TenForums compresses...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 code blocks blurry graphics

2. old application is blurry

3. blurry text and pictures in windows 10 64 bit