Windows 10: Blurry screen issue while playing games.

Discus and support Blurry screen issue while playing games. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, I've had pretty much no trouble playing games on my laptop for as long as I've had it. A week or two ago, I booted up a game and the graphics were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JackRParkin, May 21, 2019.

1. Blurry screen issue while playing games.

So, I've had pretty much no trouble playing games on my laptop for as long as I've had it. A week or two ago, I booted up a game and the graphics were all messed up. I checked other games and the vast majority of them have the same issue, though some are unaffected. This includes Steam games, but also the Minecraft Launcher (Java Version) so it isn't exclusive to Steam applications. I've done system updates and tried graphic driver updates (I have Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 and NVIDIA GeForce 940MX). I'm a little tech savvy, but nothing I've tried so far has worked.

The glitches are scrambling pixels and flickering textures including different coloured triangles flashing etc.

Blurry screen issue while playing games. [​IMG]

Blurry screen issue while playing games. 84c0453e-81f9-46e3-978a-48e035128a5c?upload=true.png Blurry screen issue while playing games. f6b8cf02-eaf6-4c5d-ad42-fb5982a9e2fb?upload=true.png Blurry screen issue while playing games. a040a0dc-e7b1-4cd7-9347-1ce39834070c?upload=true.png

Blurry screen issue while playing games. 0b5c5330-9403-4cea-88fe-e3206a1fc581?upload=true.png

***Modified Title from: Sudden Graphical Glitches in many games***

:)

JackRParkin, May 21, 2019

2. Unable to play video games on Windows 10, black screen after log-in screen

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the Windows 10 operating system, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From where are you trying to play the video games (downloaded/ from website)?
    • If you are playing games from website which browser are you using?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the game crashes?
    • Are you able log-in to your computer?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display drivers.

As you see black screen while logging to the desktop, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about this issue, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 21, 2019
  3. full screen problem in gaming

Hello Ganesh,

It's unfortunate that you are facing issues with the display in Windows 10. We'll certainly assist you with this.

We appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is the issue particular to that game or other games also?
    This issue could occur if the your playing a game at a different resolution than the desktop resolution.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the resolution of the game as well as the resolution with in the computer and see if you are able to play the games in full screen.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming on Windows 10.

DirectX Graphics and Gaming

Also,

Troubleshoot games

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode from Manufacturer's website, if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.
    Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 21, 2019
  4. Blurry screen issue while playing games.

Issue with Gaming resolution in Lumia 535.

Hi Balavarisrikanth,

• What is the exact issue are you facing games? Is it a online game or playing through any app?
    • Is this issue specific to any game?
    • Do you get any error message while trying to play?
    If you are facing this issue with store games, I suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the below article and check if this helps.

Lumia troubleshooting and repair

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10280/lumia-troubleshooting-and-repair

Note: From the above link navigate to Other problem
    > Problem not listed in the troubleshooting tool and try the steps.

Kindly let us know the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Blurry screen issue while playing games.

1. Blurry screen issue while playing games. - Similar Threads - Blurry screen issue

2. Black screen while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen while playing games: I bought this card gt 1030 while playing games i got a black screen and Hearing Windows sound like when you remove a pendrive from the pc and the game Works again.I'm using this card with a hdmi-vga cable beacuse my monitor has no hdmi slot. How to fix it???...
  3. Black screen while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen while playing games: I bought this card gt 1030 while playing games i got a black screen and Hearing Windows sound like when you remove a pendrive from the pc and the game Works again.I'm using this card with a hdmi-vga cable beacuse my monitor has no hdmi slot. How to fix it???...
  4. Blue Screen while playing a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen while playing a game: This is happening to me and it is that when i am playing on my new computer that i have recently acquired, a blue screen error appears suddenly, randomly when i'm playing, and then the computer restarts, it suprises me because the computer is new. The game is Psychonauts 2....
  5. Blurry screen issue while playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry screen issue while playing games.: So, I've had pretty much no trouble playing games on my laptop for as long as I've had it. A week or two ago, I booted up a game and the graphics were all messed up. I checked other games and the vast majority of them have the same issue, though some are unaffected. This...
  6. Blue Screen While Playing Games

Blue Screen While Playing Games: Hi, my computer blue screened when i played a game r6s and valorant mostly and i'm curious since it never happened to me before. Before it bsod it usually display a colour of orange on my display....
  7. Audio Issues while playing games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Issues while playing games: Whenever I try playing Rainbow 6 siege or Overwatch my game audio does this weird thing where it cuts in and out. So far it only happens on these two games and I think its a problem with my audio drivers. I disabled some of the other audio devices on my computer because it...
  8. Blue Screen while playing games

Blue Screen while playing games: Its not instant, it doesn't even occurs everyday. I usually play Valorant with my friends, there is very less possibility of getting a Blue screen. But it happens every time when I play Division. It crashes after 10-15 minutes of playing. The blue screen did not display any...
  9. Black Screen While Playing A Game.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen While Playing A Game.: Hello, My pc is experiencing a problems these 5 days, which is a 'black screen' while playing a game the whole screen goes black, and the only cure to this is to restart pc, but it still goes black when I play a game again. [behind the black screen there is still playing the...
  10. Screen Flickering While Playing Games.

Screen Flickering While Playing Games.: I have Windows 10 ,amd anthlon x270 dual core processor,my pc starts to flickers when I play games (this problem came after. Fall creator update,before it was fine) I already tried to install windows 10,7 3 times but problem persists,I tried to uninstall the display driver...