Windows 10: blurry shortcut icons

Discus and support blurry shortcut icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when I convert a logo to a desktop short cut it becomes blurred even though the original jpeg was not.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SteveLeccese, Mar 18, 2020.

1. blurry shortcut icons

when I convert a logo to a desktop short cut it becomes blurred even though the original jpeg was not.

:)

SteveLeccese, Mar 18, 2020

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

I know I am quite late but as I was scrolling through I saw this post which happened to one of friend too. This sometimes happens with Windows. Usually a reboot will solve the problem. However if this doesn't, try setting the icon for the shortcut(right-click pinned icon, right-click program, left-click properties, select "change icon...") or refreshing it by switching to a different icon, applying it, and then reverting back to the original icon. Remove the shortcut from the taskbar and replace it with the start menu shortcut or simply drag the .exe file to the taskbar.

lorraine walsh, Mar 18, 2020
  4. blurry shortcut icons

Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

blurry shortcut icons

1. blurry shortcut icons - Similar Threads - blurry shortcut icons

2. Search box blurry icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search box blurry icons: Hi there. So the search bar of my windows 11 laptop looks like this and the icons seem a little bit off like they kind of have a bad resolution and I don't like it. I don't know if it’s a bug or something....
  3. Search box blurry icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search box blurry icons: Hi there. So the search bar of my windows 11 laptop looks like this and the icons seem a little bit off like they kind of have a bad resolution and I don't like it. I don't know if it’s a bug or something....
  4. Taskbar Icons Blurry

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Icons Blurry: I recently reinstalled windows and I just noticed that my taskbar icons are blurry. I've already tried fixing it through the registry by changing the DPI and I tried using the settings in the systems settings and nothing has worked. How can I fix this I'm losing my mind....
  5. Shortcut Icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shortcut Icon: I created a custom app icon in procreate and imported it onto my laptop. I converted it to an icon file and the resolution was exactly the same, but when I apply the icon to the short cut the quality is pixilated. When I make the icons smaller it makes it worse. What's...
  6. Blurry background text and icons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blurry background text and icons: Hi, After updating to Windows10 version 1909, my desktop background and text become so blurry. My monitor resolution is 2560x1440 with a 144 Hz refresh rate. I have a Gtx 1080 display card and I have installed the latest available driver already. However, when I lower...
  7. Taskbar Icons are Blurry

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Icons are Blurry: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/dytcocsyqnf41.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=d0f450cd96ca5e0eeaed6d6c72e381a4478de44c I don't know why but I did some tweaking in Winaero Tweaker one day and then my taskbar icons started looking a bit blurry. I though it was...
  8. shortcut icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    shortcut icon: I created a new shortcut icon on my desk top for NOAA weather. The icon works fine, however I want to change the logo that you click on from google to NOAA. I have searched many different how to sites but am unable to do so. Do you have a suggestion? Thank you...
  9. Windows 10 Icon Blurry

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Icon Blurry: Hi, When i Start my computer this morning i found some icons blurred. this is the printscreen: [img] [img] 62056
  10. Blurry icons- Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry icons- Windows 10: [img] I've changed my DPI and updated my graphic drivers to avail. Running windows 10 ( Version 1511, OS Build 10586.494 57106