Windows 10: Blurry Text and Chromatic Aberration

Discus and support Blurry Text and Chromatic Aberration in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, like 2 weeks ago I had this problem on a HP Z420 Workstation (Xeon E5-1607 and NVIDIA NVS 310), where basically I had a blurry text and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dvdrevr, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Blurry Text and Chromatic Aberration

Hi everyone, like 2 weeks ago I had this problem on a HP Z420 Workstation (Xeon E5-1607 and NVIDIA NVS 310), where basically I had a blurry text and chromatic aberration.

The only way to resolve the problem was to unplug and plug again the display port connected to a Lenovo D24-20 Monitor (Full HD). I've tried also the combination of CTRL+SHIFT+WIN+B to restart the graphic driver but the problem was still there.

Then 1-2 weeks ago I've updated the NVIDIA Driver and the problem seemed to be resolved, until today when I've turned on the PC and the problem was there, and still the only way to resolve the problem was to unplug and plug again the display port.

The GPU has 2 Display port (I've tried changing the port and also tried on a new identical NVS 310 gpu, same problem), and is connected to the Monitor with an adaptor HDMI to Display port.

The PC is used to do office things, nothing of 3D Heavy or something else.

So what can be the problem? There's some settings maybe in Windows 10 that can cause this, or is something else?

Thank you to everyone.

submitted by /u/dvdrevr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dvdrevr, Apr 6, 2021

2. Blurry text since Creators Update.

It's incredibly clear what OP's problem was here. I'm not sure why nobody here could figure it out.

OP's original settings were set up to use ClearType with BGR subpixel order (in the upper screenshot); in the blurry text he was seeing, it was being rendered with RGB subpixel order.

Subpixel rendering - Wikipedia

If you zoom in on the pictures (Win+=) you can see that the chromatic aberration on the edges of the text (used to counter the offsets in a typical monitor) are on opposite sides, making it look worse on his screen instead of better.

OP can probably use the ClearType calibration tool and choose the aliasing mode that looks best to him:

Blurry Text and Chromatic Aberration [​IMG]

However, this might not fix it as there are bugs in the Creator's Update preview that are causing it to fail to render correctly in some circumstances but not others (hence how I found this thread).

---

After some investigation:

Some dialogs and text, for instance the network connection sharing dialog, will always render with the wrong anti-aliasing disposition.

System set to BGR:

Dialog text renders in RGB mode.

System set to RGB:

Dialog text renders in BGR mode.

Here's hoping they fix this soon.

widdershins, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Blurry text

I have read many topics and tried some of the methods were suggested. I don't know which one of them actually solved this problem but it doesn't matter because finally, it seems fine now. Anw, you can find all of those methods I've tried here:
    http://moretags.blogspot.com/2015/08...solutions.html
    Hope it helps!

darksoulpart, Apr 6, 2021
  4. captncaps Win User

Blurry Text and Chromatic Aberration

Blurry text

I got Windows 10 with OS Build 10586.164. Blurry text issue exists. Confirmed in Chrome, Firefox, Office 2016. Does not seem to exist in Windows Explorer.

Main monitor: 3840x2160 @125%.
    Second monitor: 2560x1600 @100%.

Blurry text occurs on the second monitor. If I set the second monitor to 125% text looks good.

Is the fix (you said it's fixed) from 10576 not included in 10586.164?

captncaps, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Blurry Text and Chromatic Aberration

1. Blurry Text and Chromatic Aberration - Similar Threads - Blurry Text Chromatic

2. blurry text, displaced text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blurry text, displaced text: HeyWhen im on my native resolution 2560x1440 the apps and text are too small. When i change scale to 125% it's perfect size but some of text in apps are displaced, like out of order you arent able to read what it says, you can see the top of the letters but cant fully read. I...
  3. blurry text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blurry text: Bonjour,when I put scale at 115%in settings system>screen, a lot of text becomes to be blurry.. Here are 3 screenshots. With windows 10 I didn't have this problem.How could i fix that please? My graphic card is a nvidia rtx 2060. thanks...
  4. blurry text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blurry text: Bonjour,when I put scale at 115%in settings system>screen, a lot of text becomes to be blurry.. Here are 3 screenshots. With windows 10 I didn't have this problem.How could i fix that please? My graphic card is a nvidia rtx 2060. thanks...
  5. Blurry text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blurry text: HiAMD Ryzen 5 5600u intergrated graphicsI have a lenovo ideapad 5 pro and when i run some programs, the text appears to be blurry and some other programs does not have this problem. i've set all my display scaling and resolution to windows recommended and it still does not...
  6. Blurry Text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blurry Text: Hello,i'm facing an issue where text becomes blurry whenever window goes out of focus, or sometimes even when its in focus text becomes blurry, its same on all apps, i've tried enabling ClearType Text and Let Window automatically fix blurry text options but it doesn't do...
  7. Blurry Text

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blurry Text: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/2bx7hp59gs561.png?width=1905&format=png&auto=webp&s=116b2b195cafcaddae1f8538e879c5d783033d38 Hi, I need some help with blurry text across multiple applications, I have clear text on, I have tried to calibrate it multiple times but no...
  8. Blurry text

Blurry text: When I am opening some third-party apps and some inbuilt settings, I am seeing blurry text like a person without his spectacles would see. Can anybody help me with this problem. I am currently using a Lenovo Ideapad slim 3. Also I am facing this problem only at few places....
  9. Blurry text

Blurry text: Hey, on almost every app, i see blurry text. I tried updating the nvidia drivers, didnt work, i tried changing my font, not that either. I don't know what's happening and it's starting to annoy me. Thanks....
  10. Blurry text

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry text: Hello everyone *Smile I’m running the latest, leaked, Windows 10 10147 build and everything works fine on my system. There is one thing though I have observed since the beginning, meaning in earlier builds, as well. And that is blurry text on some Windows components like...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix chromatic aberration in monitor screen