Windows 10: Blurry text in applications on windows 10

Discus and support Blurry text in applications on windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi i am running windows 10 professional on my dell inspiron 5521, everything seems to be woring fine except for the fact that some applications show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rezarawat, Jun 15, 2016.

1. rezarawat Win User

Blurry text in applications on windows 10

Hi i am running windows 10 professional on my dell inspiron 5521, everything seems to be woring fine except for the fact that some applications show slight blurry text and this is only in applications and not on desktop text or other rext such a MS Word, i do not know if it is the drivers or not.

Display Drivers are:
    AMD Radeon HD 8730M
    Intel HD Graphics 4000

ill include pictures and notice the blurry text on the left and clear one on the right

Blurry text in applications on windows 10 [​IMG]

The blurry text may only be slight but it is annoying when using applications,
    any help would be highly appreciated.
    thank you

:)

rezarawat, Jun 15, 2016
  2. Tommyrod Win User

Blurry Text in Windows 10, when iTunes is up all the text is blurry and pixelated. Why is this?

For the most part my display is great on my HP Spectre, however, when iTunes is up all the text is blurry and pixelated. Why is this? Any research I do tells me to download an application called XPexplorer, which did not work. Why is this happening?

OP - Blurry Text in Windows 10

Tommyrod, Jun 15, 2016
  3. Media Transfer

Check that you have set high resolution pictures under Options.

If you are opening the images with the Photos application you need to wait a few seconds for the image to render (5-10 seconds) while it's rendering a blurry preview of the picture is shown. Copy the pictures using MASS STORAGE to a PC and open the pictures
    there, are they blurry? Zoom in to see the text, is it blurry?

Post a sample picture in OVI SHARE, FLICKR, Photobucket, Picassa or other picture sharing site so we can see what you mean by "blurry text"

I have an N97 and the text is very sharp.

el_loco---01, Jun 15, 2016
  4. ceauke Win User

hey moegoe
    medeburger hier! *Smile

Check your display settings, is windows doing a scaling. Mine is set up to scale with 125%.

You can rightclick on your application, then properties then compatibility and disable scaling for high DPI settings.

See if that helps

ceauke, Jun 15, 2016
  5. TeknoBug Win User
    My workaround to that is to select "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" under compatibility tab when right clicking an app icon in the taskbar and opening properties (doesn't work with every program though but does with most).

TeknoBug, Jun 15, 2016
  6. rezarawat Win User
    ceauke thanks for your quick response but I've tried that it was initially set on 125% but that was abit to small for me so I made it 135% so suit my preferences.

TeknoBug could you please give me easier directions to your solution I can't find the 'disable scaling on high dpi settings'. Thank you

rezarawat, Jun 15, 2016
  7. ceauke Win User
    Hi rezarawat

The first test for you should be to set it at 100 and see if it's still fuzzy.
    If it's not you know it's about the scaling and then you can try and click that DPI compatibility setting.
    If it's fuzzy with 100% you need a different solution.

ceauke, Jun 15, 2016
  8. rezarawat Win User

Thanks ceauke setting it to 100% made every application text super clear but now the problem is I want my scale at 135 as 100 is too small. But how do I make every application have the 100% text clarity instead of checking "doable display scaling on high DPI settings" for each and every application. Such as device manager, that can't be done so the text is blurry

rezarawat, Jun 15, 2016
  9. TeknoBug Win User
    Unfortunately there isn't a way around that, some programs aren't coded to scale with the text scaling. I to use 140%.

TeknoBug, Jun 15, 2016
  10. rezarawat Win User
    Thanks for all the replies everyone. I guess this I'll have to live with this

rezarawat, Jun 15, 2016
  11. Mooly Win User
    Did you try what Teknobug suggested ? Right click the program launcher, select properties and then compatability. Tick the box as shown.

You can also alter this in the program files for the relevant program in the same way. Right click the executable file that launces the program and alter it there. I've had to do this for several programs in W10

Mooly, Jun 15, 2016
  12. rezarawat Win User
    Hi yes I have done what teknobug suggested and it does actually work. The problem is I have to do that for every application as I have said before. Is there no way to make "disable display scaling on high DPI settings" that the default?

rezarawat, Jun 15, 2016
  13. Mooly Win User

You only have to do it the once though. (I don't know of any way to change the default)

Mooly, Jun 16, 2016
  14. rezarawat Win User
    Say I do it for utorrent but not iTunes. iTunes will still be blurry so I'll have to do it for any application I want to use. Thanks for the advice tho

rezarawat, Jun 16, 2016
  15. Steve C Win User
    The dpi fix works for most applications I use but some Windows applications (e.g. Event Viewer) appear fuzzy on my 2560x1440 display at 125% scaling. The is no compatibility tab for applications such as Event Viewer (eventvwr.exe) so how do you fix these Windows applications?

Steve C, Jun 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Blurry text in applications on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Blurry text applications

2. Blurry text in some applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blurry text in some applications: I'm getting blurry text in some applications looking like this, there's a temporary fix by just minimizing and maximizing the window, but it always starts degrading again after like 10 seconds, someone please help me fix this. It's super annoying....
  3. Blurry text in some applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry text in some applications: I'm getting blurry text in some applications looking like this, there's a temporary fix by just minimizing and maximizing the window, but it always starts degrading again after like 10 seconds, someone please help me fix this. It's super annoying....
  4. Blurry text in some applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Blurry text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blurry text: HiAMD Ryzen 5 5600u intergrated graphicsI have a lenovo ideapad 5 pro and when i run some programs, the text appears to be blurry and some other programs does not have this problem. i've set all my display scaling and resolution to windows recommended and it still does not...
  6. windows 10 Blurry text

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 Blurry text: Five years later, it is still there. management console blurry [img] [img] Blurry text I noticed that the edit bar of this website is also blurred [img] [img] - - - Updated - - - What has Microsoft been up to in the past five years? 164766
  7. Blurry text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blurry text: When I am opening some third-party apps and some inbuilt settings, I am seeing blurry text like a person without his spectacles would see. Can anybody help me with this problem. I am currently using a Lenovo Ideapad slim 3. Also I am facing this problem only at few places....
  8. Text accasionally blurry in some applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text accasionally blurry in some applications: frequently, text will go blurry and smeary, frequently when focus on a minimized application, but it goes away on mouseover. Turning off "Fix scaling for apps" fixes this, but then the text is constantly blurry, though not as bad as with that setting turned on....
  9. blurry text windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blurry text windows 10: I have had fuzzy blurry text since I changed my gpu I have reinstalled clean windows tried cleartype text make everything bigger option custom scaling reinstalled gpu driver uninstalled from device manager still no help even Microsoft support does not help they just say its...
  10. Windows 10 Blurry Text

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Blurry Text: So I just got a fresh installation of Windows 10 64 bit on my Alienware 17 (2013) laptop. It was working perfectly fine until yesterday, when text in Microsoft Edge, the Start Menu, and in default Windows applications like Settings started becoming very blurry. The text seems...