Windows 10: Blurry text in applications on windows 10

Discus and support Blurry text in applications on windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Event viewer on my Dell is slightly soft looking. I wonder how many see it like that ? The top line is super sharp (as a reference) and the others are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rezarawat, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Mooly Win User

Blurry text in applications on windows 10

Event viewer on my Dell is slightly soft looking. I wonder how many see it like that ? The top line is super sharp (as a reference) and the others are not.

Blurry text in applications on windows 10 [​IMG]

Mooly, Jun 16, 2016
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

Have you tried changing any of the HARDWARE controls (from the monitor's OWN menu --independent of Windows / Linux etc).
    You'll probably have to use the Monitors handset to get all the options.

I usually find when fixing problems like this for other people that they usually have GAMMA too high, contrast incorrectly set, picture size incorrect, sharpening set too high and a whole slew of other adjustments.

First thing to do is to "Autosize" your picture if the menu allows that. Then there's often - at least on decent monitors - a whole slew of picture / image options.

Go through them and you'll probably be amazed at the difference.

Windows itself is perfectly capable of displaying Ultra crisp Ultra 4K UHD pictures on the appropriate hardware. Of course if your graphics card isn't man enough for the job then all bets are off - but even relatively cheap graphics cards are 4K capable.

After watching a 4K movie - looking at a bog standard TV transmission (usually 720p or 10801) again on a standard TV - even a decent one - is a disappointing experience !!!!!.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 16, 2016
  3. Steve C Win User
    My monitor is perfectly calibrated for photo editing!

Steve C, Jun 16, 2016
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

Still Photo editing is slightly different from "Video" -- Windows itself is absolutely capable of decent rendering. Perhaps refresh rates etc are not optimal.

I use Photoshop a lot and do prepare large images for professional publication at times -- up to A2 size in good quality so I've done this type of stuff before.

I'm sure it's not a Windows software problem.

Maybe choice of fonts, incorrect DPI or a whole slew of other stuff.

As an interesting exercise try and boot say a stand alone Linux LIVE CD or a WINPE macrium restore program. Does the video look "acceptable" on those.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 16, 2016
  5. rezarawat Win User
    The "disable display scaling on high DPI settings" isn't a certain fix for me and I don't know why. Once I check it for utorrent or iTunes. It works perfectly but after restarting my laptop it goes back to normal and being blurry. Is all of this Becoz of Windows 10? And is there a proper fix. Thanks

rezarawat, Jun 16, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    Try disabling for all users. It worked with iTunes for me.

Steve C, Jun 16, 2016
  7. Mooly Win User
    When you say it goes back to normal, do you mean the tick box had unchecked itself ?

Mooly, Jun 16, 2016
  8. rezarawat Win User

Yes Mooly. Some how it goes back to being unchecked

rezarawat, Jun 16, 2016
  9. Mooly Win User
    I've never encountered anything like that.

Can only guess at things... are you altering the setting when logged in as an administrator and not just using a standard account ?

If you look in the program files and locate the program of interest you should be able to see the executable file. This shows the executable file for the example I showed earlier (LTspice). You can get to the tickbox from here in the same way. See if altering it this way lets it stick.

Blurry text in applications on windows 10 [​IMG]

Mooly, Jun 16, 2016
  10. rezarawat Win User
    thanks mooly I shall try that. I've also tried ticking it and making it ticked for all users. I'm going to see if that works

rezarawat, Jun 17, 2016
  11. lx07 Win User
    Lots of people. Everyone with hDPI screen I expect. MS fixed it a few months ago on insider builds (at least for me). Hopefully this fix will make it into the Anniversary update in July.

Anyway this fixed it for me perfectly in the past...

Make a .bat file like this changing the LogPixels value to whatever hex value is applicable to the scaling you want and save it somewhere Code: GOTO EndComment DPI--->Scale Factor 96(x60)--->100% 120(x78)--->125% 144(x90)--->150% ** Current** 192(xC0)--->200% Every 25% of the scale factor corresponds to a difference of 24 dpi (120-96) :EndComment REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v DpiScalingVer /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00001018 /f REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v Win8DpiScaling /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001 /f REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v LogPixels /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000090n /f[/quote] Then schedule it to run when the computer starts with task scheduler (Task Scheduler - Create New Task - Windows 7 Help Forums)

Idea taken from here... Solved Blurry text - Page 4 - Windows 10 Forums

12. Steve C Win User
    Thanks for the solution but I'll wait for the MS fix if it's due soon.

Steve C, Jun 17, 2016
  13. Mooly Win User

As above (thanks *Smile)

I think I'll sit it out too. Tbh it hadn't really bothered me in event viewer, it was just seeing it get mentioned that prompted me to see if it was a little soft looking.

Mooly, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Blurry text in applications on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Blurry text applications

2. Blurry text in some applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blurry text in some applications: I'm getting blurry text in some applications looking like this, there's a temporary fix by just minimizing and maximizing the window, but it always starts degrading again after like 10 seconds, someone please help me fix this. It's super annoying....
  3. Blurry text in some applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry text in some applications: I'm getting blurry text in some applications looking like this, there's a temporary fix by just minimizing and maximizing the window, but it always starts degrading again after like 10 seconds, someone please help me fix this. It's super annoying....
  4. Blurry text in some applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Blurry text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blurry text: HiAMD Ryzen 5 5600u intergrated graphicsI have a lenovo ideapad 5 pro and when i run some programs, the text appears to be blurry and some other programs does not have this problem. i've set all my display scaling and resolution to windows recommended and it still does not...
  6. windows 10 Blurry text

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 Blurry text: Five years later, it is still there. management console blurry [img] [img] Blurry text I noticed that the edit bar of this website is also blurred [img] [img] - - - Updated - - - What has Microsoft been up to in the past five years? 164766
  7. Blurry text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blurry text: When I am opening some third-party apps and some inbuilt settings, I am seeing blurry text like a person without his spectacles would see. Can anybody help me with this problem. I am currently using a Lenovo Ideapad slim 3. Also I am facing this problem only at few places....
  8. Text accasionally blurry in some applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text accasionally blurry in some applications: frequently, text will go blurry and smeary, frequently when focus on a minimized application, but it goes away on mouseover. Turning off "Fix scaling for apps" fixes this, but then the text is constantly blurry, though not as bad as with that setting turned on....
  9. blurry text windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blurry text windows 10: I have had fuzzy blurry text since I changed my gpu I have reinstalled clean windows tried cleartype text make everything bigger option custom scaling reinstalled gpu driver uninstalled from device manager still no help even Microsoft support does not help they just say its...
  10. Windows 10 Blurry Text

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Blurry Text: So I just got a fresh installation of Windows 10 64 bit on my Alienware 17 (2013) laptop. It was working perfectly fine until yesterday, when text in Microsoft Edge, the Start Menu, and in default Windows applications like Settings started becoming very blurry. The text seems...