Windows 10: Blurry text on some programs/apps until hovered over

Discus and support Blurry text on some programs/apps until hovered over in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am in need of some help, since a few months ago, I have been having a problem and it is affecting multiple programs like Sony Vegas and Minecraft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TheAGames10, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Blurry text on some programs/apps until hovered over

I am in need of some help, since a few months ago, I have been having a problem and it is affecting multiple programs like Sony Vegas and Minecraft Launcher.

Some of the text in some programs is getting blurred and when I hover over them, it temporarily fixes it, but goes back blurred after a little while. IDK how to fix it and it is annoying me so much.

Here is a couple instances where some of the text is blurred:

Blurry text on some programs/apps until hovered over [​IMG]

Blurry text on some programs/apps until hovered over [​IMG]

I have an Intel Pentium Processor/Graphics Card and I have Windows Version 1903

:)

TheAGames10, Apr 23, 2020

2. Blurry text in windows 10 in some programs

Thank you for the feedback, JK. Have you tried to adjust the compatibility settings of the Microsoft Office programs? If you haven't, then let's adjust it to improve its appearance. Follow these steps:

• Click the Windows icon, then File Explorer.
    • Open Microsoft Office folder.
    • Right-click the icon of the Office program with blurry text and click
      Properties
    • Click the Compatibility tab and check Disable display scaling on high DPI settings.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Text in apps goes blurry unless clicked on

I've recently had an issue where certain text in an app will go blurry unless I click or hover over it. I've never had this issue before, but I've tried multiple solutions online, and none of them seem to work. Most questions mention that all on screen
    text is blurry because a high def display is connected, and just say that changing scaling will fix it. The problem is that in my case only certain text on a page goes blurry, and that it changes back to crisp when updated. This is definitely not an app specific
    occurrence as I've seen it in literally every part of windows 10. I have no idea how to fix it and all my previous attempts have failed, including using ClearType, checking the "Let windows fix blurry text" in the display settings, and changing DPI settings
    in an app's properties.

Anonymous_s, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Jason Win User

Blurry text on some programs/apps until hovered over

Blurry text in some programs Windows 10

I am having problems with blurry text in some programs, which is very annoying. When I focus the window, it does sharpen the text, but it is still not normal. The weird part is that some part is blurry, while the text below it is normal

Blurry text

Blurry text on some programs/apps until hovered over fB5ai.png

Blurry text on some programs/apps until hovered over O029S.png

Some text is blurry while the text below is normal

Blurry text on some programs/apps until hovered over hVEcS.png

What can I do to fix this problem? I've tried DPI scaling in Windows properties, changing my scaling in both Windows and Nvidia, I've tried the "fix blurry text" option in Windows, I've tried resetting fonts. I've tried Cleartype. Nothing seems to work. Some programs like Chrome and Intellij are normal, while other have this problem (for example Visual Studio Code here or Github).

Note: It happens on both my 1080P screens and my 1440P screen

EDIT:
    As suggested, this thread appears to be similar, however, I have disabled intel HD graphics.

Jason, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Blurry text on some programs/apps until hovered over

1. Blurry text on some programs/apps until hovered over - Similar Threads - Blurry text programs

2. Blurry text in some applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry text in some applications: I'm getting blurry text in some applications looking like this, there's a temporary fix by just minimizing and maximizing the window, but it always starts degrading again after like 10 seconds, someone please help me fix this. It's super annoying....
  3. Text and images being blurry in some apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Text and images being blurry in some apps: What’s going on here? Some text and images are blurry but when I hover over then they go normal but seconds later blurry again. Some apps like file explorer don’t have this effect. I want to know is there any way to fix this bug? Look closely at the corner of the onenote logo...
  4. Text and images being blurry in some apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text and images being blurry in some apps: What’s going on here? Some text and images are blurry but when I hover over then they go normal but seconds later blurry again. Some apps like file explorer don’t have this effect. I want to know is there any way to fix this bug? Look closely at the corner of the onenote logo...
  5. Text and images being blurry in some apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Blurry text in some apps.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blurry text in some apps.: I have Windows 10 64 bit Build 2004 with a 1920 x 1080 screen. In some apps Like Bit-defender or Task Manager the text is slightly fuzzy but, in most other apps Chrome, Settings, File explorer etc. the text is fine. I have re-calibrated the screen and checked the resolution...
  7. Blurry Text in some apps.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blurry Text in some apps.: [ATTACH] In some text seems a little blurry and fuzzy, creates irritation. Please help me in fixing this. Windows 10 V2004 Intel and Amd Radeon 430 Graphics card...
  8. Blurred text on some programs/apps until hovered over

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blurred text on some programs/apps until hovered over: I am in need of some help, since a few months ago, I have been having a problem and it is affecting multiple programs like Sony Vegas and Minecraft Launcher. Some of the text in some programs is getting blurred and when I hover over them, it temporarily fixes it, but goes...
  9. Blurry text on some windows and programs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blurry text on some windows and programs: I recently acquired an MSI GX60 laptop which I installed Windows 10 onto, after it installed all its drivers and software automatically (something I particularly love about Windows 10 as opposed to Windows 7 & 8) it took me a while to notice that some programs would show a...
  10. Icons wrong/text disappears until I hover mouse over them

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons wrong/text disappears until I hover mouse over them: Will post links to pictures underneath of issue but basically icons started looking weird today on the action centre and the windows bit in the left bottom corner. When I put mouse over them they go back to normal but then weird again. Any help? Thanks 1 2 3 4 104814