Windows 10: Blurry text on some windows and programs

Discus and support Blurry text on some windows and programs in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently acquired an MSI GX60 laptop which I installed Windows 10 onto, after it installed all its drivers and software automatically (something I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Terrum, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Terrum Win User

Blurry text on some windows and programs

I recently acquired an MSI GX60 laptop which I installed Windows 10 onto, after it installed all its drivers and software automatically (something I particularly love about Windows 10 as opposed to Windows 7 & 8) it took me a while to notice that some programs would show a slight hint of blur on its text, I noticed this when I was looking at the taskbar compared to the actual context inside the window.

This laptop has two graphics cards (switchable graphics) and I'm very new to the configuration of such in the AMD software. I'm not sure if it is an FXAA issue or that it's forcibly using a hardware render for programs (inc. explorer) that don't need visual enhancement, so I'm hoping someone can help me out!

This screenshot will show that the taskbars in both Steam and on the Window I have open are clear to each pixel, but the context within their windows are quite blurry. I hope people can see what I mean but you need to look closely to see. The start menu is also clear and flawless, even though the menu looks like something that would use hardware rendering: http://.co.uk/uploads/1441589436.png

Many thanks and thank you so much to anyone that helps!

:)

Terrum, Sep 6, 2015
  2. Rissachu Win User

Updated to Windows 10, why are some programs blurry?

Just updated to Windows 10 and it's fantastic so far! However, some programs now have blurry and/or huge text. For example, Spotify now has blurry text and AIM now has ridiculously large and blurry text. How can I change this so that they're back to normal?

Rissachu, Sep 6, 2015
  3. Fonts in Windows 10 blurry

Thanks I will try what you said, it's very frustrating that part of the operating system looks sharp while other parts look blurry. I've noticed this on a few computer systems that I have worked on. For example on the computer my grandmother uses I upgraded
    here Windows 7 Pro machine which worked fine. Windows 10 works fine it's just some text is so blurry it's not even really readable. Example is just the mail app, the mail text is way blurry and the envelope looks blurry at all which is not even text. She
    has a few program icons and text that look blurry.

TonyPalermo, Sep 6, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Hi!

I'l let someone else answer on the "forcibly using a hardware render for programs that don't need visual enhancement" issue.

Anyway, Windows has something called "Cleartype" to improve readability on color LCD displays with a digital interface, such as those in laptops and high-quality flat panel displays. You find it in the Windows Control Panel under Appearance and Personalization. Basically it will show you the same text in different display variations and you only have to click the brightest/sharpest/best one. There also is an option to reset these settings, should they not help.

That ones helped me solve such an issue!

Joergi, Sep 6, 2015
  5. Terrum Win User
    That's fantastic, thanks a lot for that! It was set to 125% for some reason instead of 100%. Is that normal for a clean Windows 10 installation, or was that perhaps set by the AMD driver? Thanks in any case! It did the trick in case it wasn't obvious enough from my positive response *Wink

Terrum, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Blurry text on some windows and programs - Similar Threads - Blurry text programs

2. Blurry text in some applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blurry text in some applications: I'm getting blurry text in some applications looking like this, there's a temporary fix by just minimizing and maximizing the window, but it always starts degrading again after like 10 seconds, someone please help me fix this. It's super annoying....
  3. Blurry text in some applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry text in some applications: I'm getting blurry text in some applications looking like this, there's a temporary fix by just minimizing and maximizing the window, but it always starts degrading again after like 10 seconds, someone please help me fix this. It's super annoying....
  4. Blurry text in some applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. What would make the text blurry on some of my programs windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What would make the text blurry on some of my programs windows?: I have tried many of the suggested solutions that I have found. I've changed the display to the recommended resolution. I have updated both Windows 11 and my graphic drivers. I have set the "Adjust Apperance and Performance Options" to both "Let Windows choose what's best for...
  6. Blurry Text in Program Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry Text in Program Windows: I am having an issue where any window that I have open for a program, I get blurry text in the window. Doesn't matter which monitor I am viewing on. This just seemed have started. I have gone through all settings, reset settings, updated all drivers and still get the problem....
  7. Blurry Text in Program Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blurry Text in Program Windows: I am having an issue where any window that I have open for a program, I get blurry text in the window. Doesn't matter which monitor I am viewing on. This just seemed have started. I have gone through all settings, reset settings, updated all drivers and still get the problem....
  8. Blurry text in some apps.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blurry text in some apps.: I have Windows 10 64 bit Build 2004 with a 1920 x 1080 screen. In some apps Like Bit-defender or Task Manager the text is slightly fuzzy but, in most other apps Chrome, Settings, File explorer etc. the text is fine. I have re-calibrated the screen and checked the resolution...
  9. Blurry Text in some apps.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blurry Text in some apps.: [ATTACH] In some text seems a little blurry and fuzzy, creates irritation. Please help me in fixing this. Windows 10 V2004 Intel and Amd Radeon 430 Graphics card...
  10. Blurry text on some programs/apps until hovered over

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry text on some programs/apps until hovered over: I am in need of some help, since a few months ago, I have been having a problem and it is affecting multiple programs like Sony Vegas and Minecraft Launcher. Some of the text in some programs is getting blurred and when I hover over them, it temporarily fixes it, but goes...