Windows 10: Blurry Text on Windows 10 with new computer & Monitor

Discus and support Blurry Text on Windows 10 with new computer & Monitor in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello Community, I am reaching out to you all for some help. My head is spinning trying to fix this blurry text issue in Windows 10. It looks like I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by curlyp, Oct 15, 2020.

1. curlyp Win User

Blurry Text on Windows 10 with new computer & Monitor

Hello Community,

I am reaching out to you all for some help. My head is spinning trying to fix this blurry text issue in Windows 10. It looks like I am back on a 386 from the 1980s! I've spent the last day reading many threads on different forums surrounding various fixes for this, either being uninstalling or reinstalling drivers, updating all MS updates, turned off CCC, etc. Neither of the fixes work and I don't know what to do!

Would someone be able to help me resolve this issue please?

Here is my windows version and PC components:

Windows 10 Home (Version 2004 OS Build 19041.572)
    Scaling is at the recommended 100%
    Resolution is at recommended 1920x1080

CyberPowerPC 3400GMABST
    AMD Ryzen 3 2300X Quad-Core Processor 3.50Ghz
    8GB RAM DDR4
    AMD Radeon RX560 2GB GPU
    Samsung Monitor C27F390 connected via HDMI (1920x1080)

Radeon Software Version 20.9.1 - all software up to date

Thanks in advance for your help!

Curly

:)

curlyp, Oct 15, 2020
  2. altorsaz Win User

Blurry text

Hi all,

I come from windows 7, and since last yesterday I'm using my new laptop with windows 10 Pro. I lost almost 1 day trying to fix the problem of blurry text in a Dell Monitor 24" (1920x1200) @ 100% (recommended). At the begging I thought it was because the graphic card, but not.

The solution I applied? Change to 125% the external monitor (not recommended option). The blurry text issue was solved, but it is a workaround, not a real solution. I see programs bigger than I expected, and in my editor to code (sublime text 3) I have to modify a config file to see the same number of lines that I saw with windows 7.

The laptop has resolution 1920x1080 @ 125% (recommended). The blurry text issue was horrible.

I have read in this forum that issue is because the 2 monitors have different scales (125% to 100%). Then changing external monitor to 125% solve the problem. I have to try what happens if I set laptop screen and external monitor to 100%. Now I'm not at home.

I'm very disappointed and frustrated because of this. I have chosen to pay for windows 10 with my new laptop, and the blurry text issue is not acceptable. With the same monitor (2 HDMI ports) I use a 8 years old desktop computer connected by HDMI with windows 7 and I see the text and program windows better than with my new laptop with windows 10 connected by HDMI as well.

altorsaz, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Texts are blurry on some of the system applications in Windows 10.

Original Title: Blurry text andpics on new computer in Windows 10

I have recently bought a new computer that came with Windows 10 already installed on it. Mostly happy with is so far apart from the appearance of blurry text in some of my apps and main programmes e.g. Edge, Word, Excel
    etc and the desktop text and picture. I am using the same 24 inch HD monitor as with the last computer and everything was Ok with Windows 8, no blurring.

I have tried changing the resolution as suggested on the internet and when that didn’t work, the resolution for affected programmes only. Please can someone tell me how can I put this right?
    Thanks

Judy Evans166, Oct 15, 2020
  4. captncaps Win User

Blurry text

I got Windows 10 with OS Build 10586.164. Blurry text issue exists. Confirmed in Chrome, Firefox, Office 2016. Does not seem to exist in Windows Explorer.

Main monitor: 3840x2160 @125%.
    Second monitor: 2560x1600 @100%.

Blurry text occurs on the second monitor. If I set the second monitor to 125% text looks good.

Is the fix (you said it's fixed) from 10576 not included in 10586.164?

captncaps, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Blurry Text on Windows 10 with new computer & Monitor - Similar Threads - Blurry Text computer

2. Text on external Monitor is blurry, distorted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text on external Monitor is blurry, distorted: Hi guys : I have a problem with my external Monitor asus vg24vqe that is connected to my laptop Asus 5 Nitro with HDMI 2.0 cable.On my main screen/laptop everything is perfect , sharp text and amazing quality. But on the external monitor text looks very weird , blurry ,...
  3. Text on external Monitor is blurry, distorted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text on external Monitor is blurry, distorted: Hi guys : I have a problem with my external Monitor asus vg24vqe that is connected to my laptop Asus 5 Nitro with HDMI 2.0 cable.On my main screen/laptop everything is perfect , sharp text and amazing quality. But on the external monitor text looks very weird , blurry ,...
  4. The new weather widget text in the taskbar is blurry on a 1440p monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    The new weather widget text in the taskbar is blurry on a 1440p monitor: I didn't see anyone else bring this up so maybe I missed it if it has. The text for the new taskbar widget is blurry on my 1440p monitors and it makes it look like a poor quality 3rd party add-on. In fact that is what I thought it was, when I first saw it I thought some...
  5. windows 10 Blurry text

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 Blurry text: Five years later, it is still there. management console blurry [img] [img] Blurry text I noticed that the edit bar of this website is also blurred [img] [img] - - - Updated - - - What has Microsoft been up to in the past five years? 164766
  6. Text extremely blurry on monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Text extremely blurry on monitor: [ATTACH] I just got a 1920x1080 monitor for my 3840x2400 laptop. I have them both set to the recommended resolutions (the ones listed above), and the recommended scaling (100% for the monitor, 300% for the laptop.) All the text on the laptop is extremely crisp, but the...
  7. blurry text windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blurry text windows 10: I have had fuzzy blurry text since I changed my gpu I have reinstalled clean windows tried cleartype text make everything bigger option custom scaling reinstalled gpu driver uninstalled from device manager still no help even Microsoft support does not help they just say its...
  8. 4K Monitor Blurry Text

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    4K Monitor Blurry Text: Sorry Mods this is a dup post that I have in graphics cards. This is where I meant it to be. Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the...
  9. Just bought a new PC and new monitor, text's super blurry.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Just bought a new PC and new monitor, text's super blurry.: Hi, I have tried the following: -changing resolution (MS control panel & nvidia control panel) -cleartype text (MS control panel) -Performance options > checked smooth edge of screen fonts The specs are currently at 1920 x 1080 Full HD. 100% text recommended. Pictures...
  10. Windows 10 Blurry Text

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Blurry Text: So I just got a fresh installation of Windows 10 64 bit on my Alienware 17 (2013) laptop. It was working perfectly fine until yesterday, when text in Microsoft Edge, the Start Menu, and in default Windows applications like Settings started becoming very blurry. The text seems...