Windows 10: Blurry text since Creators Update.

Discus and support Blurry text since Creators Update. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tried every fix out there nothing works that googling says. Nothing works. The issue I am having is that certain fonts and this affects all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reddice, Apr 20, 2017.

1. reddice Win User

Blurry text since Creators Update.

I tried every fix out there nothing works that googling says. Nothing works.

The issue I am having is that certain fonts and this affects all programs are blurry. Even MS own built in programs. The issue is the Segoe UI font. Example if I change the font to a program to lets say Tahoma it is clear and sharp but any program that uses Segoe UI it is blurry like going back to a old CRT from 1998. Since this garbage update I have been getting more headaches and eyestrain. I have been also sleeping more since I get much eyestrain.

Things I tried which did not work.
    • Ran the Cleartype tuner and tried every option.
    • Ran this useless outdated tool. Windows 10 DPI blurry / fuzzy text font fix - XP Explorer
    • Did the right click menu, compatibility disable High DPI. Did not work matter of fact that is the exact menu that is blurry too.
    • Messed with registry keys to change the fonts BTW unable to change the fuzzy Segoe UI font but every other font can be changed to Tahoma which is sharp.
    • Ran that useless sfc /scannow again says nothing is wrong which is BS. Also ran that DISM which gave me a error a common problem that MS broke in the latest craptastic update.
    • Updated my Intel HD 4600 drivers to the latest version. Also made sure every one of my drivers are up to date they are.
    • Ran the display calibration tool which does squat.
    • Tried to live with it until I update a program I use and now the fonts are fuzzy and giving me a migraine.

Now for those who don't believe me here are some screenshots.

Left (top) is the way it suppose to look. Right (bottom) is after craptastic update ruined it.

:)

reddice, Apr 20, 2017

2. Is there any fix for Blurry Text on High Resolution Displays.

Yes, blurry text issue is there from the start when I installed Windows 10 for the 1st time.

Recent Changes Made: Installed Creator's Update.

Installing Creators Update solved the problem for most of the places like blurry text in Device Manager.

But the issue still persists at some places as shown in the SS.

And notice the dialog behind the blurry text dialog in the SS, it's crystal clear.

Thanks for your Help!

ShivamShashank, Apr 20, 2017
  3. m1xed0s Win User
    Fall Creators Update did not fix my blurry text when using higher DPI issue...

I just upgraded my windows 10 enterprise to version 1709 build 16299.19 on laptop and tested the 125% scaling with external monitor at 100% scaling. Disappointingly, the blurry text issue is still there...especially for Office apps (Office pro plus 2016
    MSO 16.0.4549.1000 64BIT). I tested with laptop screen as main display and also tested with external monitor as main display, made no difference than before the update...

My understanding is: with fall creators update, I just need to re-open the app to fix the blurry text issue. It is the only reason I installed the update... But am I wrong?

m1xed0s, Apr 20, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Both screenshots look perfectly good to me on my monitor. This must be something to do with your monitor and the resolution you have set up.

philc43, Apr 20, 2017
  5. reddice Win User
    And there lies the problem. What kind of monitor do you use. Is it a cruddy TN panel or IPS? I have a Dell IPS 24" 1080p screen.

reddice, Apr 20, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    And therein lies your answer. Your very high quality monitor shows up the failures of the Windows DPI scaling process. What Display scaling are you using? Have you tried different levels of scaling?

See:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...in-windows-10/

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/win...ues-windows-10

https://blogs.windows.com/buildingap...Llz1FbaFsoy.97

philc43, Apr 20, 2017
  7. reddice Win User
    Then why did they say they improved it when they actually made it worse. Really these young coders need to be let go and we need to get the older coders who actually fix problems not make them worse.

Microsoft May Never Fix the High DPI Issues in Windows 10 - Thurrott.com
    That is the only article I can find saying that the fonts got worse by going to that site not googling it. Everywhere else the MS shills which Google loves everything about MS and Windoze 10 say the fonts were better.

reddice, Apr 20, 2017
  8. philc43 Win User

I think your only option is to play around with the scaling and see if you can reach a better compromise. Hopefully others can share their experience of trying these high DPI screens.

philc43, Apr 20, 2017
  9. reddice Win User
    I tried every scaling possible. It made it worse.

The one thing that worked if I cleared by display setting by deleting registry (I backed them up BTW) then if I go into a blurry font program and run the cleartype tuner I can get the fonts sharp again until I log off or reboot then it is back to a fuzzy mess. That was the only progress I made but it seems MS just undoes anything if I log off or reboot.

reddice, Apr 20, 2017
  10. pparks1 Win User
    On my phone, both images look the same.

Are you using 1920x1080 with 0 scaling?

pparks1, Apr 20, 2017
  11. reddice Win User
    Scale says 100-500 and it is grayed out.

reddice, Apr 20, 2017
  12. pparks1 Win User
    I'm looking at this on 2 different IPS monitors at work and I don't see any difference in those images that you posted.

pparks1, Apr 21, 2017
  13. Blurry text since Creators Update.

try changing your refresh rate to a random number like 23hz and then back to 60hz

Whiskeydash, Apr 21, 2017
  14. reddice Win User
    It did not work. I can only change it to 50 hz and it did not do anything.

reddice, Apr 21, 2017
  15. peraks Win User
    I have this same issue since this morning. First i thought that i messed something up when i cleaned my pc last night, but i only used a compressed air can.However, I did remove my gpu only to blow the fans from dust. I have an old Philips Brilliance 220SW monitor which is not even near to a HD monitor and everything is blurry since the update.

Edit: I did a complete removal of my nvidia driver and reinstalled the newest driver, messed around with the calibration and scaling options, but nothing seems to work and nothing helpful came out from searching the web.

Edit 2: I solved my problem in my graphics card control panel. I set my refresh rate at the highest possible, for some reason it was set on the lowest setting.

peraks, Apr 21, 2017
Thema:

1. Blurry text since Creators Update. - Similar Threads - Blurry text since

2. blurry text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blurry text: Bonjour,when I put scale at 115%in settings system>screen, a lot of text becomes to be blurry.. Here are 3 screenshots. With windows 10 I didn't have this problem.How could i fix that please? My graphic card is a nvidia rtx 2060. thanks...
  3. blurry text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blurry text: Bonjour,when I put scale at 115%in settings system>screen, a lot of text becomes to be blurry.. Here are 3 screenshots. With windows 10 I didn't have this problem.How could i fix that please? My graphic card is a nvidia rtx 2060. thanks...
  4. Blurry text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blurry text: HiAMD Ryzen 5 5600u intergrated graphicsI have a lenovo ideapad 5 pro and when i run some programs, the text appears to be blurry and some other programs does not have this problem. i've set all my display scaling and resolution to windows recommended and it still does not...
  5. Blurry Text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blurry Text: Hello,i'm facing an issue where text becomes blurry whenever window goes out of focus, or sometimes even when its in focus text becomes blurry, its same on all apps, i've tried enabling ClearType Text and Let Window automatically fix blurry text options but it doesn't do...
  6. Blurry Text

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blurry Text: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/2bx7hp59gs561.png?width=1905&format=png&auto=webp&s=116b2b195cafcaddae1f8538e879c5d783033d38 Hi, I need some help with blurry text across multiple applications, I have clear text on, I have tried to calibrate it multiple times but no...
  7. Blurry text

Blurry text: When I am opening some third-party apps and some inbuilt settings, I am seeing blurry text like a person without his spectacles would see. Can anybody help me with this problem. I am currently using a Lenovo Ideapad slim 3. Also I am facing this problem only at few places....
  8. Blurry text

Blurry text: Hey, on almost every app, i see blurry text. I tried updating the nvidia drivers, didnt work, i tried changing my font, not that either. I don't know what's happening and it's starting to annoy me. Thanks....
  9. Text Size Since Creators Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text Size Since Creators Update: Since the creators update my text size and browser icons are back to small size. I can't find the old display settings where you can adjust text size, bold, etc and icon size. DPI settings change the text size but also adjust the icons which are already the correct size....
  10. Blurry text

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry text: Hello everyone *Smile I’m running the latest, leaked, Windows 10 10147 build and everything works fine on my system. There is one thing though I have observed since the beginning, meaning in earlier builds, as well. And that is blurry text on some Windows components like...