Windows 10: Blurry text since Creators Update.

Discus and support Blurry text since Creators Update. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After the Creators Update (CU) I could barely read any text on my external 2560x1440 monitor (laptop has 1920x1080). I tried 3 different Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reddice, Apr 20, 2017.

1. crt33 Win User

Blurry text since Creators Update.

After the Creators Update (CU) I could barely read any text on my external 2560x1440 monitor (laptop has 1920x1080). I tried 3 different Microsoft support people (one suggested clean boot, no better, other two suggested new drivers, no better). All text was really bad, desktop, apps, browsers, even the icons on the taskbar looked bad, but nothing helped. I asked in MS Windows forum, and received suggestions but no solution. I rolled back CU and everything worked, but then installed it again to try the MS tech ideas.

Today, with a headache from trying to read my screen I decided to drop the monitor to 1920x1080 to see if that would be better. It looked a little better, but I lost a lot of screen real estate, so I tried each higher resolution in turn. When I get back to 2560x1440 everything is crisp and clear, not fuzzy. I can't believe this, so I reboot, and everything is OK.

Sounds like a stupid fix I know, but it worked for me...

crt33, Jun 16, 2017
  2. reddice Win User

I tried a custom resolution on the POS Dell all in one and anything higher than 1920 x 1080 at 60 hz was unsupported and it would not let me change it.

reddice, Jun 16, 2017
  3. Faffer Win User
    Just signed up to say this worked for me too, after trying driver updates, scaling, etc.

Thanks

Faffer, Jun 22, 2017
  4. easy2love Win User

I have same issue. When I sign out, and login back. it worked around the issue.

easy2love, Jul 14, 2017
  5. Just registered in order to share that everything was working great until today's Windows 10 Creators Update. Now most of the text on my monitor is blurry (but especially in Chrome!). Had to increase resolution which made all text smaller and now I have to sit closer to the monitor (even with my prescription reading glasses...). Yet again, another update that makes life harder, not easier.

spbmrmusic, Jul 30, 2017
  6. ThomasTheTank, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Blurry text since Creators Update. - Similar Threads - Blurry text since

2. blurry text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blurry text: Bonjour,when I put scale at 115%in settings system>screen, a lot of text becomes to be blurry.. Here are 3 screenshots. With windows 10 I didn't have this problem.How could i fix that please? My graphic card is a nvidia rtx 2060. thanks...
  3. blurry text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blurry text: Bonjour,when I put scale at 115%in settings system>screen, a lot of text becomes to be blurry.. Here are 3 screenshots. With windows 10 I didn't have this problem.How could i fix that please? My graphic card is a nvidia rtx 2060. thanks...
  4. Blurry text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blurry text: HiAMD Ryzen 5 5600u intergrated graphicsI have a lenovo ideapad 5 pro and when i run some programs, the text appears to be blurry and some other programs does not have this problem. i've set all my display scaling and resolution to windows recommended and it still does not...
  5. Blurry Text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blurry Text: Hello,i'm facing an issue where text becomes blurry whenever window goes out of focus, or sometimes even when its in focus text becomes blurry, its same on all apps, i've tried enabling ClearType Text and Let Window automatically fix blurry text options but it doesn't do...
  6. Blurry Text

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blurry Text: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/2bx7hp59gs561.png?width=1905&format=png&auto=webp&s=116b2b195cafcaddae1f8538e879c5d783033d38 Hi, I need some help with blurry text across multiple applications, I have clear text on, I have tried to calibrate it multiple times but no...
  7. Blurry text

Blurry text: When I am opening some third-party apps and some inbuilt settings, I am seeing blurry text like a person without his spectacles would see. Can anybody help me with this problem. I am currently using a Lenovo Ideapad slim 3. Also I am facing this problem only at few places....
  8. Blurry text

Blurry text: Hey, on almost every app, i see blurry text. I tried updating the nvidia drivers, didnt work, i tried changing my font, not that either. I don't know what's happening and it's starting to annoy me. Thanks....
  9. Text Size Since Creators Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text Size Since Creators Update: Since the creators update my text size and browser icons are back to small size. I can't find the old display settings where you can adjust text size, bold, etc and icon size. DPI settings change the text size but also adjust the icons which are already the correct size....
  10. Blurry text

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry text: Hello everyone *Smile I’m running the latest, leaked, Windows 10 10147 build and everything works fine on my system. There is one thing though I have observed since the beginning, meaning in earlier builds, as well. And that is blurry text on some Windows components like...