Windows 10: Blurry tiles on Start Screen

Discus and support Blurry tiles on Start Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, I've just upgraded to Windows 10 after a while on 8.1 and am slowly getting used to the changes. Because I preferred the Start Screen from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LOTGS, Nov 19, 2015.

1. LOTGS Win User

Blurry tiles on Start Screen

Hi there,

I've just upgraded to Windows 10 after a while on 8.1 and am slowly getting used to the changes. Because I preferred the Start Screen from 8 (as opposed to a Start Menu) I've set that as my default option on 10. But I'm experiencing an odd issue where the image on the tiles appears somewhat blurry. The really strange thing about this is I've noticed that the blurriness only sets in momentarily after switching to the Start Screen, and that there's a brief split second where the tiles appear at their normal sharpness before changing to blurry.

To illustrate the issue I managed to get a screen grab just at the right moment when the tiles appear correctly, and another after they became blurry. I've taken a couple of tiles from these images as a comparison and attached it below.

Blurry tiles on Start Screen [​IMG]

I've tried reinstalling my graphics card (Intel HD 4000) drivers but had no joy. Does anyone know a way to fix this issue as it makes the move to Windows 10 look more like a downgrade. Thanks very much!

:)

LOTGS, Nov 19, 2015
  2. Saturn75 Win User

I've "Show more tiles" off and "Use Start full screen" off but when I use Windows in tablet mode tiles are blurry.

It's evident that is a bug of the START menu but that happens for different reasons to the various users.

For me, if I increase the font size to 150%, tiles are not blurry also in tablet mode.

The problem was created with the November update of Windows 10.

Saturn75, Nov 19, 2015
  3. JunHaoWu Win User

Sorry . it does not work for me neither. My tiles are still blurry in tablet mode

JunHaoWu, Nov 19, 2015
  4. Blurry tiles on Start Screen

i have this exact same problem. can some one please explain/fix this. this is why I found this forum page - searching for a fix to this problem.

Dr Roboculous, May 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Blurry tiles on Start Screen - Similar Threads - Blurry tiles Start

2. Blurry start up screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blurry start up screen: Hello When I start up my computer I get a blurry log in screen. Typing in password and then enter does nothing. Pressing shift key and restart allows me to get into computer in safe mode. This led to another problem. A box appeared that said ctfmon.exe-success unknown Hard...
  3. Blurry start up screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry start up screen: Hello When I start up my computer I get a blurry log in screen. Typing in password and then enter does nothing. Pressing shift key and restart allows me to get into computer in safe mode. This led to another problem. A box appeared that said ctfmon.exe-success unknown Hard...
  4. Blurry start up screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen started going blurry off and on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen started going blurry off and on: Hello,Today the screen on my laptop started going blurry off and off. It started when I opened and started using Excel. So I looked for an update for Office and installed it. It worked for a little bit and then started doing it again randomly without office programs even...
  6. Tiles on Start screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tiles on Start screen: The tiles in the Start screen have gone from clean, efficient layout to all over the place and I don't know why. How can I get them back to display in an orderly fashion? Everything that I tried fails to solve the issue. HELP, please & thank you JC...
  7. start screen (with tiles on it)

start screen (with tiles on it): My start screen has all my tiles on it and the back ground will change colors but when I open it to full screen view the back ground goes black. I have toggled tablet mode on and off and I have change from picture to slide show and I have enlarged the tiles but to no avail...
  8. Blurry start up screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Blurry start up screen: Hi I have had this problem for some time now ,both on my main pc and my two laptops .The start up screens are all blurry is there a fix for this . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blurry-start-up-screen/fe43e991-f323-4ebc-9ef1-4d8d666cbb2b
  9. Sorting Start screen tiles

Sorting Start screen tiles: Is there no means to sort tiles alphabetically in a Start screen named group? It seems archaic to have to rearrange tiles by hand every time I add a new one, simply to maintain their alphabetic order. 49361
  10. Problem with tiles in Start screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with tiles in Start screen: I have had this problem with Start screen tiles for some months. I had hoped it might go away with a either updates or some repairs to the Store or resets, but it persists. A proportion of the tiles, perhaps about 20%, are either completely blank or just show the text name of...