Windows 10: blutooth adapter not showing in show hidden devices in device manager

Discus and support blutooth adapter not showing in show hidden devices in device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I re installed windows 10 but lost the ability for Bluetooth. the Bluetooth adapter is not even showing up as hidden device in device manager! how do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DovMilstein, Jul 24, 2019.

1. blutooth adapter not showing in show hidden devices in device manager

I re installed windows 10 but lost the ability for Bluetooth. the Bluetooth adapter is not even showing up as hidden device in device manager! how do iget it back and working?

:)

DovMilstein, Jul 24, 2019

2. device manager not showing correct cpu

this one has me confused, .When i look in device manage under processors it is still showing my old q8200 cpu and ive upgraded to the q9650. why would it not show this in device manager? , The bios shows it, cpuiz shows the q9650, the vista basic information shows it but not under device manager/ should I be concerned about this ? any ideas would be great thanx Dragon

DTV DRAGON, Jul 24, 2019
  3. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Jul 24, 2019
  4. Borolad57 Win User

blutooth adapter not showing in show hidden devices in device manager

USB Webcam showing as Hidden in Device Manager

Hi,

Thanks for the response. No hardware changes were made prior to this issue being experienced.

Tried method 1 as you described. Received a message which says – “Install a driver for this device. The driver for Unknown device is not installed. Install the latest driver for the device”. I selected “Apply this fix”. PC then had to be restarted
    to finish installing drivers and updates so I closed the dialogue box and restarted the PC. Once the restart was complete I did a couple of checks:-

• Opened the Camera App – still receive the “We can’t find your camera” message.

• Opened Device Manager – USB Camera still does not appear under Imaging Devices even when “Show Hidden devices” is selected.
    Then opened the Windows Apps Troubleshooter which said that it couldn’t identify any problems.

I’m not certain what you mean by “Write to us with the status of webcam drivers hidden in Device manager and not able to detect the same device using Camera app on the computer for further assistance”. As mentioned above the Webcam is still not listed
    in Device manager and the Camera App still can’t find it.

Should I return to a previous restore point to a t least get the device listed in Device Manager even if it is in a hidden state?

Borolad57, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

blutooth adapter not showing in show hidden devices in device manager

1. blutooth adapter not showing in show hidden devices in device manager - Similar Threads - blutooth adapter showing

2. Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager: My Laptop Windows 10 can't connect to wifi can't find wifi option. When I check my wifi adapter in device manager it was missing, then when I click on View>>Show hidden devices. I saw my wifi adapter is disabled and I double click on it. It says "currently this hardware...
  3. Touchpad disabled and not showing in Device Manager even in hidden devices

Touchpad disabled and not showing in Device Manager even in hidden devices: G'day everyone, Since my Windows Update was malfunctioning and my laptop seemed to be corrupted, I decided to reinstall Windows 10. Since then, my touchpad does not work. I have tried pretty much everything: - The Fn activation key does not change anything - Touchpad...
  4. Internet adapter hidden in device manager

Internet adapter hidden in device manager: I have been trying to fix my internet adapter since it wasnt working and its in hidden devices and when i open it up it gives me this message Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45 To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to...
  5. Network adapter shows device not connected in Device Manager

Network adapter shows device not connected in Device Manager: I'm setting up a new SURFACE Pro 7 to replace my Pro 4. New machine won't connect to the Internet via my home wi-fi. Device manager lists the adapter and says the driver is current. However, the General tab says "Currently. this hardware device is not connected to the...
  6. Device Manager shows WiFi adapter and Scanner in Other Devices

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device Manager shows WiFi adapter and Scanner in Other Devices: A few weeks ago, after an update, our Fujitsu Scanner, the scanning function of our Epson printer, and our Realtek WiFi adapter all stopped working. They now appear in device manager under Other devices, with the yellow ! sign. All have been uninstalled and reinstalled...
  7. "Bluetooth" is not Showing in the Device Manager '' hidden device" option .

"Bluetooth" is not Showing in the Device Manager '' hidden device" option .: I cannot get the Bluetooth facility in my windows 10. I checked and found that "Bluetooth" is not Showing in the Device Manager '' hidden device" option . How I can solve this ?...
  8. Wifi Adapter Not Showing Up in the Device Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Adapter Not Showing Up in the Device Manager: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my surface pro 6 through a USB drive. Now, I am not able to use my wifi for some reason. It doesn't show up in the settings. I even checked the device manager and I didn't see any wifi adapter in there. I tried installing drivers but...
  9. wireless adapter not showing in device manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wireless adapter not showing in device manager: My wireless adapter is not in device manager, I only have ethernet connection. help me figure this out, please! I want my wireless back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-adapter-not-showing-in-device-manager/d829b831-b7f2-4cea-82a5-1f020d7bfad1
  10. wireless adapter not showing in device manager

wireless adapter not showing in device manager: I have an Asus X555Q laptop. I replaced the hard drive and installed Windows 10 with a USB drive. I did not have a restore option. I downloaded all the drivers from Asus, but no matter what drivers I use, they do not find my wireless adapter. There were 2 drivers for...