Windows 10: Bogged Down Memory, CPU and Low FPS

Discus and support Bogged Down Memory, CPU and Low FPS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having general memory issues for the past three months, and it's been getting progressively worse. I noticed the problem first when I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RustERobot, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Bogged Down Memory, CPU and Low FPS

I've been having general memory issues for the past three months, and it's been getting progressively worse. I noticed the problem first when I was playing Mass Effect 1 one day, and the frame rate was at an absolute crawl. Prior to that, a majority of my games ran absolutely fine, but eventually games that weren't too graphically demanding started going at a turtle's pace or had hiccups (ex: Borderlands, Fallout NV, Fallout 3). Even recently, a new game I purchased that I met the basic graphic requirements for runs horrible even on the lowest settings. A lot of them only manage to hover around 8-17 FPS. Now my memory constantly stays at 38-50% usage idle because programs from the system like Antimalware Service Executable and Service Host: SysMain use lots of it. I've already tried plenty troubleshooting methods through HP Support and online only to see no improvement: downloading the newest update, memory scans, disk defragging, freeing up hard drive space, updating BIOS, checking for overheating, disabling programs at startup, scanning and removing malware, etc. I'm totally unsure if it's as simple as a hardware issue or not. I just don't know if I need to upgrade the computer's current RAM.

Bogged Down Memory, CPU and Low FPS 73f507da-af8c-47ad-b83a-0fada3f9a4f1?upload=true.png

Bogged Down Memory, CPU and Low FPS 88b849be-a553-4486-b5ad-ebe746c6cdb3?upload=true.png

:)

RustERobot, Jun 30, 2019

2. Low on memory???

Hi,

Programs using too much memory and possible infection are a few of the factors that can trigger a Low on memory warning in Windows 10. We suggest running the
    System Maintenance Troubleshooter. This will automatically detect issues that might affect system performance. Follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Search.
    • Select Troubleshooting Control Panel.
    • Click View all.
    • Click System Maintenance.
    • Hit Next.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Jun 30, 2019
  3. mohammad9933, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Joe Men Win User

Bogged Down Memory, CPU and Low FPS

Low FPS on a Good PC

Hello,

There are three factors that affect FPS when you play games:

• CPU - A general rule of thumb for this is the higher the frame rate, the higher the CPU requirement. For the Windows Media Encoder to keep up with the data that is being sent to it from the capture card, a fast CPU is required. To
      keep synchronized with the audio stream, the Encoder will start dropping video frames to keep up with the data input. When frames are dropped the Current FPS statistic is lower than the Expected FPS statistic
      on the monitor panel. Note that some capture cards are only able to capture at 15 FPS, while others are able to capture at the full 30 FPS. Consult your card's manufacturer for specific details about your card.
    • Content Type -As stated previously, high-motion content requires more resources than low-motion video. Therefore, it is more important to properly select a CPU to handle the task, and to choose the right profile and key
      frame rate. If the encoding process cannot keep up with the content, it starts dropping frames. One exception to this is static content. If the content is a stationary object (such as a wall or an empty room), the frame rate may be lower because the Encoder
      does not need to capture any deltas.
    • Selected Profile - Each profile has frame size and frame rate determined. If you select a profile that the Encoder cannot keep up with, then select a lower quality profile. Multiple Bitrate profiles can also affect the
      Encoder performance. If the Encoder starts dropping frames, you may need to remove a stream from the profile, or adjust the frame size.

We recommend that you get in touch with the support pages of the game that you are playing for assistance on how you can achieve your desired FPS.

Feel free to post back if you have concern related to this community.

Joe Men, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

Bogged Down Memory, CPU and Low FPS

1. Bogged Down Memory, CPU and Low FPS - Similar Threads - Bogged Down Memory

2. low cpu and gpu usage causing fps drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    low cpu and gpu usage causing fps drops: i have a hp omen gaming laptop with i7-10875h and rtx 3070. my laptop run pretty smooth while gaming and had my gpu usage was 98% and rare fps drop before but now both my cpu and gpu usage fluctuates a lot, and rarely hit above 70%. i have tried a lot of things but no...
  3. low cpu and gpu usage causing fps drops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    low cpu and gpu usage causing fps drops: i have a hp omen gaming laptop with i7-10875h and rtx 3070. my laptop run pretty smooth while gaming and had my gpu usage was 98% and rare fps drop before but now both my cpu and gpu usage fluctuates a lot, and rarely hit above 70%. i have tried a lot of things but no...
  4. Sudden low fps and cpu usage in all games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden low fps and cpu usage in all games: A while ago I tried playing bg3 as always but I got sudden low fps drops that ive never had.Same with the other games, such as house flipper,ac etc.The cpu usage while running these games is around 10-25% and I have no other background apps that could effect that.I checked my...
  5. Sudden low fps and cpu usage in all games

Sudden low fps and cpu usage in all games: A while ago I tried playing bg3 as always but I got sudden low fps drops that ive never had.Same with the other games, such as house flipper,ac etc.The cpu usage while running these games is around 10-25% and I have no other background apps that could effect that.I checked my...
  6. low cpu usage and fps drop during games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    low cpu usage and fps drop during games: First of all if you can answer my question in Turkish I will be happy. Yesterday I upgraded my GPU and bought new m.2 SSD. after that I installed Win 11. Win 11 automaticly installed AMD software that I never use. Because my gpu is nvidia and I am using that. After that I...
  7. low cpu usage and fps drop during games

low cpu usage and fps drop during games: First of all if you can answer my question in Turkish I will be happy. Yesterday I upgraded my GPU and bought new m.2 SSD. after that I installed Win 11. Win 11 automaticly installed AMD software that I never use. Because my gpu is nvidia and I am using that. After that I...
  8. Low CPU, Low GPU, Low Temp, Low FPS drops and delayed/sluggish controller input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low CPU, Low GPU, Low Temp, Low FPS drops and delayed/sluggish controller input: Hi, I'm currently facing an issue where games suddenly drop to a crawl of sometimes 4-5 fps ... while playing at 60+ fps seconds before. After a couple of seconds the fps go up again and recent controller input is 'played' as if it got recorded/buffered. My system; i9...
  9. Low FPS/CPU usage?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low FPS/CPU usage?: Low FPS? Hey there! (I'm not sure if this is the right subreddit) I noticed that when playing games such as Valorant and League of Legends, my frame rates in game, which were previously 150, are now 60. In addition, while running these games, my computer is really slow and...
  10. Help needed with Low CPU usage and Low FPS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help needed with Low CPU usage and Low FPS: Since the last week i started getting low fps in ALL games all of a sudden and i tracked the culprit to be my CPU's low utilization which for some reason is now very low despite it working completely fine past week.I have tried reinstalling windows 10, it worked fine for a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when comuters are bogged down because of no memory