Windows 10: Bogus Microsoft messages

Discus and support Bogus Microsoft messages in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why cannot/does not Windows "DEFENDER" prevent the frequent messages that appear on this computer stating that Microsoft has detected a malfunction and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by webbww, Aug 10, 2019.

1. webbww Win User

Bogus Microsoft messages

Why cannot/does not Windows "DEFENDER" prevent the frequent messages that appear on this computer stating that Microsoft has detected a malfunction and we need to contact the support phone number given immediately. The whole thing almost looks genuine and must fool lots of people. I'm wondering what "DEFENDER is actually good for.

:)

webbww, Aug 10, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Phoxiel Win User
    Windows 10 Giving Bogus Anitvirus Turned Off Messages

Wow, tested Webroot SecureAnywhere with the latest Windows 10.

Hadn't found any bogus messages. Maybe, I'm lucky after all.

Phoxiel, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Pete_sENF Win User

Bogus Microsoft messages

Bogus Hotmail "1 Unread" message indicator (WM 6.1)

Running Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional on a Verizon Wireless XV6800 device. My phone is displaying a bogus Hotmail 1 Unread message indicator, and I can't get rid of it. When there are no unread messages, the indicator nonetheless shows on the Today screen,
    at the bottom of the main Hotmail messages screen, and also to the right of Inbox in my Hotmail folders list. So far I have cleared all of my messages, powered down, done a soft reboot, and pulled the battery. No luck. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks! Eric

Pete_sENF, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Bogus Microsoft messages

1. Bogus Microsoft messages - Similar Threads - Bogus Microsoft messages

2. is 8006427676 a good # for microsoft or a bogus phone #

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    is 8006427676 a good # for microsoft or a bogus phone #: is 8006427676 a good # for microsoft or a bogus phone # https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-8006427676-a-good-for-microsoft-or-a-bogus/cd23d22e-39a4-44a4-b096-3c134b40121c
  3. Can bogus Your Phone error messages be prevented?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can bogus Your Phone error messages be prevented?: Your Phone would be SO great if I could JUST get rid of these infuriating messages:“Check that both of your devices are nearby, turned on, and connected to the same Wi-Fi network” … “Wait a bit, then try again.” … even for Microsoft, these messages are sub-minimalist and 100%...
  4. Can bogus Your Phone error messages be prevented?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can bogus Your Phone error messages be prevented?: Your Phone would be SO great if I could JUST get rid of these infuriating messages:“Check that both of your devices are nearby, turned on, and connected to the same Wi-Fi network” … “Wait a bit, then try again.” … even for Microsoft, these messages are sub-minimalist and 100%...
  5. Bogus ? Messages from MS

Bogus ? Messages from MS: I'm getting multiple messages claiming to be from MS, and asking me to visit "https://aka.ms/alca" - how can I verify whether or not this is a valid MS request? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bogus-messages-from-ms/61f7b90a-8c45-469c-beaf-d84187ed6cc9
  6. bogus widows message locking up computer-how to block

bogus widows message locking up computer-how to block: This happens every once in a while- very annoying as I have to use task manger to make it disappear- but it comes back the next time I try to use internet or I can clear it with Malwarebytes. Is there any way to block these guys? Thanks Cal...
  7. bogus microsoft support center

bogus microsoft support center: Help , my friend is having difficulty with computer , and called a number that claimed to be a support center. YThe number is a Tampa Florida exchange. 813-522-5346 is this legit ?????...
  8. Bogus "Microsoft" Telephone calls

Bogus "Microsoft" Telephone calls: We are regularly getting telephone calls from people saying they are from Microsoft and that there is a problems with our computers I know this is a con and tell them to get stuffed my sister in law was conned by them and lost £5000.I know that most people on this site will...
  9. Bogus message or valid?

Bogus message or valid?: Do I need to renew Microsoft Office? Subject:Reminder To Renew Your Office !! From:*** Email address is removed for privacy *** To:*** Email address is removed for privacy *** Date:Saturday, July 7, 2018, 9:41:51 AM PDT [IMG] Dear Sir/Ma'am Renew your Microsoft Office...
  10. Win10 creates BOGUS message when accessing PC on LAN

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 creates BOGUS message when accessing PC on LAN: FYI: I have found that, after a TRUE re-boot (not Hibernate), when I try to access another PC via my wired LAN via explorer, I get this BOGUS message window: Windows cannot access xxx It is BOGUS because one of my own programs also accesses a file across the LAN...