Windows 10: bogus widows message locking up computer-how to block

Discus and support bogus widows message locking up computer-how to block in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This happens every once in a while- very annoying as I have to use task manger to make it disappear- but it comes back the next time I try to use... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ecsteibel1, Feb 29, 2020.

1. bogus widows message locking up computer-how to block

This happens every once in a while- very annoying as I have to use task manger to make it disappear- but it comes back the next time I try to use internet or I can clear it with Malwarebytes. Is there any way to block these guys?

Thanks

Cal

:)

ecsteibel1, Feb 29, 2020
  2. pepanee Win User

bogus Folder In Use error messages - blocks me from moving or renaming

Use LockHunter: LockHunter is a free 64/32 bit tool to delete files blocked by any processes

1) Download/install
    2) Right click on the file > press What is locking this file? (refer to the picture)
    3) What does it say for which process is locking it?
    4) Press the Unlock It! button
    5) Try renaming / moving / etc

bogus widows  message locking up computer-how to block [​IMG]

pepanee, Feb 29, 2020
  3. x509 Win User

Recently (the last week?) I have been getting bogus error messages like this one when I want to move a file or folder or rename a folder:

The only way to get rid of these messages, and to do the folder move or rename, has been to reboot the system.

What is going on here? Is this a new bug? (My system is always up to date with MS patches. Running Win 10 Pro 64.)
    Is there a workaround?

bogus widows  message locking up computer-how to block [​IMG]

4. Mystere Win User

bogus widows message locking up computer-how to block

First, it's not bogus. If you can't delete the files, it's because there's a lock on those files.

At least assuming that by "bogus" you mean "not real". The lock is real. The question is why are the files locked.

One possibility is your anti-virus. Sometimes the act of click on a file in explorer will trigger an antivirus scan of it, and then deleting it doesn't work because it's In the middle of a scan.

Have you tried deleting the files in a command prompt without using explorer at all?

Another option is that some device drivers can leak file handle locks.

The real situation is finding the lock, and there are some tools that can be useful in finding that information, such as process explorer and TaskInfo.

Mystere, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

bogus widows message locking up computer-how to block

1. bogus widows message locking up computer-how to block - Similar Threads - bogus widows message

2. Computer locked message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer locked message: Hello I received a message that my computer was locked and IP address compromised. I was told to call 1-888-514-2999. I did not call. I hit control alt del and signed off. Is my computer infected. If so what should I do?Lisa...
  3. Computer locked message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer locked message: Hello I received a message that my computer was locked and IP address compromised. I was told to call 1-888-514-2999. I did not call. I hit control alt del and signed off. Is my computer infected. If so what should I do?Lisa...
  4. Computer locked message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. does Microsoft send security lock messages that lock up computer

does Microsoft send security lock messages that lock up computer: does Microsoft send security lock messages that lock up computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/does-microsoft-send-security-lock-messages-that/c52db263-e56d-469c-990c-74dc48af7326
  6. Bogus ? Messages from MS

Bogus ? Messages from MS: I'm getting multiple messages claiming to be from MS, and asking me to visit "https://aka.ms/alca" - how can I verify whether or not this is a valid MS request? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bogus-messages-from-ms/61f7b90a-8c45-469c-beaf-d84187ed6cc9
  7. Bogus Pop-up!

Bogus Pop-up!: Hi All, Has anybody seen this pop-up lately? It appeared on my computer while I was routinely surfing one of my favorite news websites. MS needs to hammer these CREEPS and they should do so with extreme prejudice! [IMG]...
  8. Bogus Microsoft messages

Bogus Microsoft messages: Why cannot/does not Windows "DEFENDER" prevent the frequent messages that appear on this computer stating that Microsoft has detected a malfunction and we need to contact the support phone number given immediately. The whole thing almost looks genuine and must fool lots of...
  9. Bogus message or valid?

Bogus message or valid?: Do I need to renew Microsoft Office? Subject:Reminder To Renew Your Office !! From:*** Email address is removed for privacy *** To:*** Email address is removed for privacy *** Date:Saturday, July 7, 2018, 9:41:51 AM PDT [IMG] Dear Sir/Ma'am Renew your Microsoft Office...
  10. bogus Folder In Use error messages - blocks me from moving or renaming

in Windows 10 Support
    bogus Folder In Use error messages - blocks me from moving or renaming: Recently (the last week?) I have been getting bogus error messages like this one when I want to move a file or folder or rename a folder: The only way to get rid of these messages, and to do the folder move or rename, has been to reboot the system. What is going on...