Windows 10: bookmarking not working and " justified" text not working also "unable to restore" are...

Discus and support bookmarking not working and " justified" text not working also "unable to restore" are... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 1) my bookmarking is not working i.e. when I bookmark a item it is not being recorded 2) when trying to reformat a document the text alignment is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RoyHobby, Jan 25, 2019.

1. RoyHobby Win User

bookmarking not working and " justified" text not working also "unable to restore" are...

1) my bookmarking is not working i.e. when I bookmark a item it is not being recorded

2) when trying to reformat a document the text alignment is not working

3) tried to solve the two problems by restoring to earlier edition but it goes through the motions and then says "Unable to restore" are these all part of the same fault?

I am a "senior" and came late to computing and have limited knowledge, my local "fixit expert" is expensive and repairs are done so fast that I learn nothing in the process. I addition the Dell pc came preloaded with Win 10 but no disc so I am reluctant to dabble too much I case I lose the documents and photos

Any advise on how to solve these problems would be welcome

Roy Hobby

:)

RoyHobby, Jan 25, 2019

2. Edge bookmarks not working correctly

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that Microsoft Edge is unable to add or remove bookmarks in edge.

As an initial, recommendation, I would suggest you to employ the App troubleshooter and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Link:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue. If it still persists, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 25, 2019
  3. kaaremi Win User
    E7 bookmarks as start page in browser?

Nokia E7 has several shortcomings with the browser

• When zooming in text, the browser can't adjust the lines to the screen width requiring to scroll the text horizontally;
    • In the previous version it was dead easy to defince Bookmarks as the Home page. That should be restored;
    • The default bwowser doesn't work when an application launches the browser (e.g. try to follow a link from dTack).

kaaremi, Jan 25, 2019
  4. bookmarking not working and " justified" text not working also "unable to restore" are...

Edge Import Bookmarks from Chrome does not work

Hi,

To resolve your issue with Microsoft Edge, we suggest that you clear your browsing data. Please follow the steps below:

• Click on the 3 dots at the upper right corner of Edge.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Go to Clear browsing data.
    • Click on Choose what to clear > Clear.
    • Try to import your bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

bookmarking not working and " justified" text not working also "unable to restore" are...

1. bookmarking not working and " justified" text not working also "unable to restore" are... - Similar Threads - bookmarking working justified

2. Chrome not working and the widgets also not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome not working and the widgets also not working: 4 days ago Chrome stopped working on windows. tried everything that i found online and then yesterday i found out that the widgets were also offline so tried to fix that to no avail now ive installed windows 11 to see if that would fix the problem but it is the same tried all...
  3. Chrome not working and the widgets also not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome not working and the widgets also not working: 4 days ago Chrome stopped working on windows. tried everything that i found online and then yesterday i found out that the widgets were also offline so tried to fix that to no avail now ive installed windows 11 to see if that would fix the problem but it is the same tried all...
  4. Restore not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore not working: Trying to perform system restore in my PC but it is not working. Got this error code but I dont know what it is 0x80070026. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-not-working/364f64d9-faf8-44e1-bf74-fcb7d8d55f8a
  5. Keyboard not working - redirecting to bookmark tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not working - redirecting to bookmark tab: Every time I type any key into my keyboard it either does not register, or when it does on edge or chrome, it automatically directs to the bookmarks tab. I already restarted my computer, updated keyboard drivers, attempted different USB ports, and successfully used the...
  6. Keyboard not working - redirecting to bookmark tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard not working - redirecting to bookmark tab: Every time I type any key into my keyboard it either does not register, or when it does on edge or chrome, it automatically directs to the bookmarks tab. I already restarted my computer, updated keyboard drivers, attempted different USB ports, and successfully used the...
  7. Keyboard not working - redirecting to bookmark tab

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Bluetooth not working, also unable to remove device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth not working, also unable to remove device: All of a sudden I'm not able to connect my bluetooth earphones to my laptop. I'm trying to remove device, so that I could pair again but that is failing too. Windows is up to date. Windows specifications : Edition Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 20H2 Installed on...
  9. word 2010 text justify does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    word 2010 text justify does not work: does not justify text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-2010-text-justify-does-not-work/4c90fc28-2799-4ed0-a4a5-16e14cc90801
  10. Long text cannot be right-left justified

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Long text cannot be right-left justified: See above subject https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/long-text-cannot-be-right-left-justified/21903ad4-cbf4-4e59-99a1-63d483454176

Users found this page by searching for:

1. justified text not working