Windows 10: Boot after HDD crash

Discus and support Boot after HDD crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How do I get the computer to recognize boot from USB? I have a DELL 7737 and I was using Windows 10 before my hard drive crashed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarvinRussell1, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Boot after HDD crash

How do I get the computer to recognize boot from USB? I have a DELL 7737 and I was using Windows 10 before my hard drive crashed.

:)

MarvinRussell1, Sep 25, 2019
  2. gygabite Win User

Changing boot hdd

I downloaded PartitionMagic8.0, but the partition i want to make is not bootable.
    So the system boots from the old, loud hdd, and when i unplug the old, it doesnt boot.
    Any advice or suggestions how to change boot hdd without reinstalling Winxp?

gygabite, Sep 25, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Boot after HDD crash

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Boot after HDD crash

1. Boot after HDD crash - Similar Threads - Boot HDD crash

2. SSD failed to boot after hdd wiping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD failed to boot after hdd wiping: Hello,I recently installed Windows 10 on an ssd. However, my old HDD was in the PC and windows installed system files inside of it, so when I deleted files that was in this HDD using a linux live cd, I was unable to boot. Can someone help me to reinstall this files into my...
  3. SSD failed to boot after hdd wiping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD failed to boot after hdd wiping: Hello,I recently installed Windows 10 on an ssd. However, my old HDD was in the PC and windows installed system files inside of it, so when I deleted files that was in this HDD using a linux live cd, I was unable to boot. Can someone help me to reinstall this files into my...
  4. System not booting After HDD rearrangement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System not booting After HDD rearrangement: Hello, On My system i had a primary m.2 drive with Windows 10 recently upgraded to Windows 11 plus 2 1TB HDD and 1 2TB HDD. I bought a 4TB to replace the 2 1TB HDDs. After copying all files in the new drive i switched off my PC, removed the 2 drives and placed my new drive...
  5. System not booting After HDD rearrangement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System not booting After HDD rearrangement: Hello, On My system i had a primary m.2 drive with Windows 10 recently upgraded to Windows 11 plus 2 1TB HDD and 1 2TB HDD. I bought a 4TB to replace the 2 1TB HDDs. After copying all files in the new drive i switched off my PC, removed the 2 drives and placed my new drive...
  6. Crashes after boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashes after boot: Okay, so.Whenever my desktop computer has been off for a while like overnight, or when I am at work for the day, it always crashes post boot.It will boot fine, all the way into Windows. I can use it or just leave it sitting there for anywhere from 3 to maybe 30 minutes, and...
  7. HDD to SSD NVME not booting after clone

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    HDD to SSD NVME not booting after clone: Here is my issues, after cloning, I can find the SSD but once boot with that the screen is hanging. Have to use HDD to boot. Please help how to modify it. Do I need to redo it. [img] [img] 175565
  8. HDD Disappear after crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD Disappear after crash: Hello I run into a trouble. I was playing game and it crashed then I reboot my laptop and when it rebooting it starts so slow. I use SSD for booting and it usually takes 10 secs and this time it takes more than 3 minutes. I see in the file explorer that the D drive is...
  9. Problems booting after removing HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems booting after removing HDD: My system has Windows installed on my SSD, but was previously installed on my HDD which i had formatted right after the transfer. Right now i am having some problems with my HDD, it not showing up on the BIOS menu and making weird noises. After this happened, i have been...
  10. Computer will not boot after adding second HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer will not boot after adding second HDD: I added a new HDD to my desktop. My computer started fine, but did not pick up the new HDD, so I restarted my computer. However, it did not boot. I disconnected the new HDD, but it is still not booting. I keep coming to this screen. [img] I tried solving the issue using...