Windows 10: Boot broke 0xc0000098

Discus and support Boot broke 0xc0000098 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Damn, once again I turned a help post into a rant somewhat, sorry about that. Alright let's begin. Because of the lockdown, i could not replace my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Valerios_Proto, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Boot broke 0xc0000098

Damn, once again I turned a help post into a rant somewhat, sorry about that. Alright let's begin.

Because of the lockdown, i could not replace my laptop's dying battery, so had to stick with it. Everything was fine until one day I turned on my pc without plugging it in. It turned on, started booting and then crashed.

When I launched it again a message appeared telling me that boot broke, I think the exact error code was 0xc0000098(?), so I tried fixing it with the recovery tools. Nothing worked, even cmd. So I told myself, why am I bothering myself with this when i could just reinstall windows entirely without removing my files?

Well, I downloaded the windows media tool on an empty usb stick using another pc, plugged it into mine, launched it and pressed the update/fix windows without removing files button.

You want to know something funny? It said that I could not perform this action with a usb and should remove external drives to download. ISN'T THAT HILARIOUS?!?

Ok that doesn't work i guess, but at least i can copy the files from my usb stick to my c drive using cmd right? This is the part where it get EVEN FUNNIER. When I went to the c drive(ssd), it showed my d drive (hdd) instead. alright maybe I typed that wrong, let's try e drive. It takes me to the actual c drive. Alright it is pretty obvious that some sort of digital gandalf ******* went into my pc and used his Voodoo powers to screw with my directory, but since at least now i know the drive letter mistakes I can copy anyways.

You won't guess it. It still didn't work because autorun.dll, a file that was not in the usb in the first place, was missing. Haha. Hahaha. AHAHAHAHAH.

So I am here, out of options (Google, YT, Quora or whatever didn't help), to ask if one single person knows what in the Μαλακομπούρεκο I'm supposed to do in this situation, I honestly cannot think of an option that doesn't involve having my files wiped or creating an authoritarian regime. This is a cry for help, I will explode if I use a phone for any longer (pc Mastahrace xdxrd Gaming amirte )

submitted by /u/Valerios_Proto
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Valerios_Proto, Dec 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 0xc0000098 error

Hi,

0xc0000098 is caused by an incomplete or corrupt configuration in the BCD registry hive. To help get the best solution to your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions below:

• Are you experiencing the blue screen error during boot up?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer before the issue started?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    If you're able to boot up your computer, we suggest following the steps on this
    link
    to help resolve blue screen errors.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    error code: 0xc0000098

Hi,

The the 0xc0000098 error can appear due to a corrupted BCD (Boot Configuration Data) file. This can be due to a change in the hardware. There is also a possibility that Windows files or the hard drive was damaged on some cases. In this case, we suggest to boot
    from windows 10 installation disc and kindly follow the steps provided by
    Teemo Tang
    on this
    link

Should you have further concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Dec 26, 2020
  4. 浩锬苏 Win User

Boot broke 0xc0000098

Boot Error 0xc0000098

Hi my surface go is experiencing a boot error of 0xc0000098 after an overnight update.

浩锬苏, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Boot broke 0xc0000098

1. Boot broke 0xc0000098 - Similar Threads - Boot broke 0xc0000098

2. Error 0xc0000098

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 0xc0000098: I was reinstalling Windows 10 because my Windows got corrupt. Suddenly after I formatted my C Drive in which I had installed my OS I had an unexpected shutdown after then whenever I am trying to reinstall OS I am always stuck at Error 0xc0000098. I am not able to do anything....
  3. Error 0xc0000098

Error 0xc0000098: [IMG]I'm having problems with my Windows 10 PC,It has an error saying "The Boot Confinguration Data File Doesn't contain valid information for an operating system" I tried Booting It from USB but it keeps showing the error again...
  4. Windows Says Boot File is Missing | Error Code 0xc0000098

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Says Boot File is Missing | Error Code 0xc0000098: Getting this error code on boot. This happened after simply running Tails OS from a USB without making modifications to the disc Windows is on. I attempted to follow this tutorial to restore the boot files from a USB loaded with Windows 10. However, when I try to cd into...
  5. File: \Boot\BCD Error code: 0xc0000098

File: \Boot\BCD Error code: 0xc0000098: Today when I turned on my Surface Go it briefly announced that it needed to do a system update, then went to a blue screen announcing the above. As I don't have a keyboard I can't see what needs to be done.. Could it possibly be flat battery..?...
  6. Windows 10/Surface: Boot error 0xc0000098

Windows 10/Surface: Boot error 0xc0000098: Users of Windows 10 and/or a Surface model run - possibly after an update installation - into a blue screen in which the error code 0xc0000098 is reported. The device can then no longer boot see image below. [ATTACH] The BlueScreen delivers areference to a damaged BCD...
  7. Boot Error 0xc0000098

Boot Error 0xc0000098: Hi my surface go is experiencing a boot error of 0xc0000098 after an overnight update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-error-0xc0000098/ff388e56-5972-4f23-8cf2-6e5ac641bdb0
  8. 0xc0000098

0xc0000098: Hi, I have a laptop for the last 5 years, and nothing has gone wrong.. But yesterday when I switched on my laptop I got this message 0xc0000098 I tried to shut it down multiple time, restart but it didn't work at all. I've seen many tutorials but I don't have my copy of...
  9. Error 0xc0000098

Error 0xc0000098: Hi everyone, My name is João, and I both my windows 10 with a usb boot. I built my desktop yesterday and I tried to install Windows on my new desktop. When I put the USB, automatically the system try to syats the boot, but has one message with this code ONLY; Status:...
  10. Boot up problems: ntoskrnl.exe - error 0xc0000098

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot up problems: ntoskrnl.exe - error 0xc0000098: Hi guys, Im having problems booting up my pc. It displays the image seen in this imgur album: Tenforums startupproblems (2 pictures, also I cant get the link to be clickable, Sorry). It tells me about ntoskrnl.exe and error code 0xc0000098. As mentioned in the...