Windows 10: Boot config error

Discus and support Boot config error in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My father in law's lenovo laptop will not boot due to a boot config error. It was a windows 8 system that was upgraded several months ago to window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Memckimmy, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Boot config error

My father in law's lenovo laptop will not boot due to a boot config error.

It was a windows 8 system that was upgraded several months ago to window 10. He logged off a new nights ago and let the system update.

During my attempts to repair it I noticed Windows automatic repair advanced options shows 3 operating systems. Windows 10 on volume 3, windows 10 on volume 3, and windows roll back. I assume the roll back is windows 8. But two other windows 10 installs seems odd.

I attempted using the bootfix utilities in the command prompt. That failed as well.

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/Memckimmy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Memckimmy, Nov 27, 2020

2. BF3 Config Utility

New! BF3 Config Utility v1.9

Change Log v1.9
    • 5.1/7.1 Surround Sound added back to the general tab
    • Fullscreen moved to the Graphic's tab
    • VSync moved to the Graphic's tab
    • Resolved an issue when starting the "BF3 Config Utility" and receiving the error - "Error Config file not loading correctly. If you made a backup click reset button at the bottom."

Mindweaver, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Bad system config info

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The error Bad System Config means that something is wrong with the registry on your PC and you'll need to return to a previous configuration. It would be great, if you can help us with the details requested below:

• When do you get the error message?
    • Does the computer boot to the Desktop?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Error 0x74: Bad_system_config_info
    and see if that helps.

Note: The last step in the above article talks about performing a reset on the computer. Resetting the computer will delete all the files and applications from the computer. Do not perform reset on your computer.

You may also want to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Tatty_One Win User

Boot config error

Boot Emergency!

Go to Ms config and see if it is showing in the boot list.

Tatty_One, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Boot config error

1. Boot config error - Similar Threads - Boot config error

2. BSOD and/or Errors when rebooting with same RAM config as last boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and/or Errors when rebooting with same RAM config as last boot: I've recently have been having problems with my ram. I currently have 4 sticks in my system and it runs fine the first time I started it. Upon reboot, I get several errors.Disk scan PC Needs to be repaired: File: \windows\System32\drivers\volmgrx.sys Error Code: 0x0000221 PC...
  3. BSOD and/or Errors when rebooting with same RAM config as last boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD and/or Errors when rebooting with same RAM config as last boot: I've recently have been having problems with my ram. I currently have 4 sticks in my system and it runs fine the first time I started it. Upon reboot, I get several errors.Disk scan PC Needs to be repaired: File: \windows\System32\drivers\volmgrx.sys Error Code: 0x0000221 PC...
  4. Config error when booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Config error when booting: Hello! My computer is having a config error when booting and I’ve tried everything and watched every video, so would a complete wipe of the drive and everything fix the issue? And if so how can I do that if I can’t get to the windows because I keep getting the boot...
  5. Config error when booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Config error when booting: Hello! My computer is having a config error when booting and I’ve tried everything and watched every video, so would a complete wipe of the drive and everything fix the issue? And if so how can I do that if I can’t get to the windows because I keep getting the boot...
  6. “BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO” on boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    “BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO” on boot: When I boot up my Windows 10 PC, the error code BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO comes up. Then the PC restarts by itself. Finally the options Restart and Advanced Options are available.I tried many methods throughout the internet, none worked. So I used another HDD with Windows 10 to...
  7. Why Sys Config Error on Boot USB?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Sys Config Error on Boot USB?: We have a computer won't boot into win10. and none of the usual fixit methods work. So we've got a bootable usb with win10 on it like they tell you to do. But when it boots from it we get the same message: system config error. Hex 1 it is when it gives a code.. That...
  8. side by side config error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    side by side config error: how do you fix the side by side config error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/side-by-side-config-error/e32a7190-a835-4c5a-a831-3b32b7a2385c
  9. Boot config

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot config: I use to ave XP and 7 with a simple thing at boot that gives you ten seconds to press a button to enter into safemode, dose 10 have anything like it? MSconfig is not ringing any bells. Only reason I ask I hate how safemode is setup in 10 and when I want it tis not goign...
  10. Bad config error message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bad config error message: Hi there, When I turn on power I get "Preparing automatic repair;" then ""Diagnosing your pc"; then "Automatic repair couldn't repair your pc" with the mention that if I speak to a help agent, I sould give the stopcode: "bad system config info." I have tried system restore...