Windows 10: Boot config

Discus and support Boot config in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use to ave XP and 7 with a simple thing at boot that gives you ten seconds to press a button to enter into safemode, dose 10 have anything like it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZippyDSMlee, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Boot config

I use to ave XP and 7 with a simple thing at boot that gives you ten seconds to press a button to enter into safemode, dose 10 have anything like it? MSconfig is not ringing any bells. Only reason I ask I hate how safemode is setup in 10 and when I want it tis not goign through startup repair or via normal boot windows.

:)

ZippyDSMlee, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Boot Emergency!

Go to Ms config and see if it is showing in the boot list.

Tatty_One, Sep 3, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Boot config

Bad system config info windows 10 on boot up!!!

Finally found the only solution that works. From:

How To Fix The Bad_System_Config_Info Error In Windows 10

Fix The Windows Registry

Boot from a Windows 10 USB/DVD and launch Command Prompt. It is better to use the DVD for this purpose. After that, follow these instructions:

• Use the following command:

CD C:\Windows\System32\config

(here C is the partition where Windows is installed).
    • Enter the following commands one by one to rename these files with the .old postfix:

ren C:\Windows\System32\config\DEFAULT DEFAULT.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\config\SAM SAM.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\config\SECURITY SECURITY.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\config\SOFTWARE SOFTWARE.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\config\SYSTEM SYSTEM.old
    • Enter the following commands one by one to copy registry backup files to your current registry folder. This completes the manual restoration of your computer’s registry.
      • copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\DEFAULT C:\Windows\System32\config\
      • copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SAM C:\Windows\System32\config\
      • copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SECURITY C:\Windows\System32\config\
      • copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SYSTEM C:\Windows\System32\config\
      • copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SOFTWARE C:\Windows\System32\config\

BayAreaTexan, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Boot config

1. Boot config - Similar Threads - Boot config

2. Win 10will no boot or recover

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10will no boot or recover: Win 10 just froze so I restarted. Asks me what keyboard language to use then goes to a troubleshooting menu. System restore and a couple other recovery options in that menu completely failed. chkdsk /f /r wont run cuz the drive is write protected. I tried to create a...
  3. Inaccessible Boot Device BSOD after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Inaccessible Boot Device BSOD after Windows Update: Hello guys! Unfortunately, I'm facing a frustrating problem with my pc. Sunday, I wanted to insert a usb stick for copying some docs on it and only heard the sound of plugging so I thought that a Restart will fix it. I went to start menu and saw it said "Update and Restart",...
  4. Im stuck in a boot loop after i disabled the processes in system recovery config

Im stuck in a boot loop after i disabled the processes in system recovery config: Hello, Im stuck in a boot loop after i disabled the processes in system recovery config. I get an error[IMG]when i try to yse the start up repair and i cant use fixboot or the other one and what i try msrebuild it finds a 1 but when i type y it states that there are none....
  5. BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO stop code, computer won't boot

BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO stop code, computer won't boot: Hello, first time posting, kind of at my wits end. After shutting down my computer (there was a notification for a windows update that needed to take place before it shut down) for the night, i started it the next day to find a BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO error. It...
  6. laptop wont boot to bios and keeps restarting because of stopcode: Bad system config info

laptop wont boot to bios and keeps restarting because of stopcode: Bad system config info: Last week I turned off my laptop and when i booted it up the following morning my laptop said "bad system config info". i tried to restart my laptop 3/4 times to get the bios so i can boot it up with my usb but it keeps restarting in a constant loop. what do i do? nothing i...
  7. Win 10 Bios Boot Config doesn't show DVD as boot option

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 Bios Boot Config doesn't show DVD as boot option: Windows 10 32 bit ASUS MB ASUS DVD. Unable to select DVD as 1st boot or any other option. DVD doesn't appear as an option when configuring. DVD is functioning with an assigned drive letter. Only Removable, CD, HD, and disabled are options. How would I get DVD to appear in...
  8. BSOD randomly on boot Bad System Config Info.

BSOD randomly on boot Bad System Config Info.: I have been able to boot every time but it pops up on random boots. ran SFC/scannow and it got some errors that it couldn't fix and i got these cbs Attachment 92845files. also attached are the requested files.Attachment 92846 Thanks for the help! 57806
  9. Windows reset to original config every boot

Windows reset to original config every boot: I was working with my computer the other day and it rebooted spontaneously. When it did I got a "Preparing Windows" or "Configuring Windows" message after I logged in and when if finished I was back at the very first Windows set up. None of my start menu adjustments were...
  10. Slow boot/shutdown sometimes & Sys Config shows a choice of OS?

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow boot/shutdown sometimes & Sys Config shows a choice of OS?: The PC of my Wife is suffering occasional slow shutdowns. Interestingly too, sometimes the Wi-Fi icon doesn't come on boot ups and it is very slow connecting to the internet. Occasionally and recently on start-up we get the option of which OS we want to use on a blue...