Windows 10: Boot config

Discus and support Boot config in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use to ave XP and 7 with a simple thing at boot that gives you ten seconds to press a button to enter into safemode, dose 10 have anything like it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZippyDSMlee, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Boot config

I use to ave XP and 7 with a simple thing at boot that gives you ten seconds to press a button to enter into safemode, dose 10 have anything like it? MSconfig is not ringing any bells. Only reason I ask I hate how safemode is setup in 10 and when I want it tis not goign through startup repair or via normal boot windows.

:)

ZippyDSMlee, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Boot Emergency!

Go to Ms config and see if it is showing in the boot list.

Tatty_One, Sep 3, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Boot config

Bad system config info windows 10 on boot up!!!

Finally found the only solution that works. From:

How To Fix The Bad_System_Config_Info Error In Windows 10

Fix The Windows Registry

Boot from a Windows 10 USB/DVD and launch Command Prompt. It is better to use the DVD for this purpose. After that, follow these instructions:

• Use the following command:

CD C:\Windows\System32\config

(here C is the partition where Windows is installed).
    • Enter the following commands one by one to rename these files with the .old postfix:

ren C:\Windows\System32\config\DEFAULT DEFAULT.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\config\SAM SAM.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\config\SECURITY SECURITY.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\config\SOFTWARE SOFTWARE.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\config\SYSTEM SYSTEM.old
    • Enter the following commands one by one to copy registry backup files to your current registry folder. This completes the manual restoration of your computer’s registry.
      • copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\DEFAULT C:\Windows\System32\config\
      • copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SAM C:\Windows\System32\config\
      • copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SECURITY C:\Windows\System32\config\
      • copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SYSTEM C:\Windows\System32\config\
      • copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SOFTWARE C:\Windows\System32\config\

BayAreaTexan, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Boot config

1. Boot config - Similar Threads - Boot config

2. BSOD and/or Errors when rebooting with same RAM config as last boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and/or Errors when rebooting with same RAM config as last boot: I've recently have been having problems with my ram. I currently have 4 sticks in my system and it runs fine the first time I started it. Upon reboot, I get several errors.Disk scan PC Needs to be repaired: File: \windows\System32\drivers\volmgrx.sys Error Code: 0x0000221 PC...
  3. BSOD and/or Errors when rebooting with same RAM config as last boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD and/or Errors when rebooting with same RAM config as last boot: I've recently have been having problems with my ram. I currently have 4 sticks in my system and it runs fine the first time I started it. Upon reboot, I get several errors.Disk scan PC Needs to be repaired: File: \windows\System32\drivers\volmgrx.sys Error Code: 0x0000221 PC...
  4. Upgrade Win10 on Dual Boot PC with Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Upgrade Win10 on Dual Boot PC with Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO: Hi,I have a dual boot Win10 Pro PC where one of the bootable installations comes up with the error "Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO" during boot up whilst showing the Windows logo.I have tried checking the drive, repairing it with Installation Media and nothing is working.I...
  5. Upgrade Win10 on Dual Boot PC with Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Win10 on Dual Boot PC with Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO: Hi,I have a dual boot Win10 Pro PC where one of the bootable installations comes up with the error "Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO" during boot up whilst showing the Windows logo.I have tried checking the drive, repairing it with Installation Media and nothing is working.I...
  6. Upgrade Win10 on Dual Boot PC with Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

7. Config error when booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Config error when booting: Hello! My computer is having a config error when booting and I’ve tried everything and watched every video, so would a complete wipe of the drive and everything fix the issue? And if so how can I do that if I can’t get to the windows because I keep getting the boot...
  8. Config error when booting

Config error when booting: Hello! My computer is having a config error when booting and I’ve tried everything and watched every video, so would a complete wipe of the drive and everything fix the issue? And if so how can I do that if I can’t get to the windows because I keep getting the boot...
  9. Im trying to boot Windows XP with IDE configs but im having issues

Im trying to boot Windows XP with IDE configs but im having issues: I decided to install windows xp on my SSD using virtualbox l, i linked my ssd virtualbox using a .vmdk file and successfully installed it, it runs nicely on the virtual machine, then i tried booting from my host device my laptop. I booted to UEFI and changed my SATA configs...
  10. Im trying to boot Windows XP with IDE configs but im having issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im trying to boot Windows XP with IDE configs but im having issues: I decided to install windows xp on my SSD using virtualbox l, i linked my ssd virtualbox using a .vmdk file and successfully installed it, it runs nicely on the virtual machine, then i tried booting from my host device my laptop. I booted to UEFI and changed my SATA configs...