Windows 10: boot configuration data file does not contain a valid OS entry

Discus and support boot configuration data file does not contain a valid OS entry in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having trouble with my computer for about a week now. I'm running Windows 10. In normal use about a week ago, the monitor screen went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JenniferGross2, Mar 19, 2019.

1. boot configuration data file does not contain a valid OS entry

I've been having trouble with my computer for about a week now. I'm running Windows 10. In normal use about a week ago, the monitor screen went completely black while my husband was on the computer. According to him, the computer itself, however, seemed to continue to run. So, I replaced the monitor. Turns out that the monitor wasn't the only problem (though it was an issue apparently because it remained black no matter what I did). Once I got the new monitor hooked up, the computer would boot to the blue screen where you can choose functions (but only if you're quick). This is the screen that I used to use F8 to get to safe mode. Anyway, from there, it would go to a preparing automatic repair screen and then freeze up at choose your keyboard layout. At this point, the keyboard is unresponsive, so I can't actually choose my keyboard layout and proceed.

After looking around online, I came to the conclusion that what I needed was a windows 10 recovery drive. I hadn't made one, so I made one from my laptop which also runs windows 10. I've tried booting the computer with a USB with the recovery files plugged in, but nothing happens and I can't get to a screen to allow me to choose run or anything.

Thinking I'd give it one more shot, I turned the computer off then on and was able to choose F11 recovery mode from that quick blue screen. From there, I chose fix startup problems, because it seemed the logical choice given what was happening. Now, I'm stuck on a screen that tells me that the windows boot configuration data file does not contain a valid OS entry. I'm given the choice to ESC to Exit or ENTER to continue. Neither does anything but cycle me back through the blue screen (from which I can no longer choose any of the functions) and back to the same Windows boot manager black screen with the error message. The Status number is 0xc0000098. I'm instructed on that page to boot from the installation disc, but I don't have one of those because my windows 10 was the free download and the recovery USB drive does nothing. What should I do?

:)

JenniferGross2, Mar 19, 2019

2. Windows boot configuration data file does not contain a valid OS entry

i'm also getting the same error,i replace my hard drive because the previous one is damged , now i'm getting the error and when i try to boot from usb it again give the same error.

i checked the hard drive is showing in setup.

does new hard drive require any software ?

my laptop is Dell n5110.

please guide me

Windows boot configuration data file does not contain a valid OS entry

code error: 0xC0000098

ArslanArshad_456, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Windows boot configuration data file does not contain a valid OS entry

This morning I cannot boot my windows, it said cannot find OS, or something along that line I forget the exact line. Then I decide to repair it using bootable USB. I check my partition, and there was none. the only things appear are only Dvd drive and the
    usb.

I use startup repair, hoping it would fix my problem. then it gives me this message.

Windows boot configuration data file does not contain a valid OS entry

code error: 0xC0000098

how to fix this? every time I boot it only shows that message.

sorry if my English is bad, isn't native.

Khairul Dzakirin, Mar 19, 2019
  4. boot configuration data file does not contain a valid OS entry

Kapil Arya MVP, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

boot configuration data file does not contain a valid OS entry

1. boot configuration data file does not contain a valid OS entry - Similar Threads - boot configuration data

2. File: Boot\bcd. the windows boot configuration data file does not contain a valid os entry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File: Boot\bcd. the windows boot configuration data file does not contain a valid os entry: Здравствуйте, попытался я обновить свой Win 7, до Windows 8.1. Сначало пробовал через BIOS. По итогу получил ошибку file: boot\bcd oxc000000e. Решил попробовать через файл Setup.exe, но тоже не получилось ошибкв: версия этого файла несовместима с используемой версией windows...
  3. File: Boot\bcd. the windows boot configuration data file does not contain a valid os entry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File: Boot\bcd. the windows boot configuration data file does not contain a valid os entry: Здравствуйте, попытался я обновить свой Win 7, до Windows 8.1. Сначало пробовал через BIOS. По итогу получил ошибку file: boot\bcd oxc000000e. Решил попробовать через файл Setup.exe, но тоже не получилось ошибкв: версия этого файла несовместима с используемой версией windows...
  4. The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system....: I was on a game installation and my Pc just freeze, i restart it and windows cant launch .I make a windows USB tool to try to repair, i choose repair windows but it doesnt work and next screen was windows boot manager with "The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain...
  5. The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system....

The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system....: I was on a game installation and my Pc just freeze, i restart it and windows cant launch .I make a windows USB tool to try to repair, i choose repair windows but it doesnt work and next screen was windows boot manager with "The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain...
  6. The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system....: My laptop was running just fine a while ago and even used it for online class. Until recently, I opened it again but this time it showed that error. I tried to reset my PC but there is no option and it led me to Advanced Options. I tried typing bootrec. exe \fixmbr but then...
  8. The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system....

The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system....: My laptop was running just fine a while ago and even used it for online class. Until recently, I opened it again but this time it showed that error. I tried to reset my PC but there is no option and it led me to Advanced Options. I tried typing bootrec. exe \fixmbr but then...
  9. The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system....

10. Boot configuration data file doesnt contain valid information

Boot configuration data file doesnt contain valid information: hi am getting the below error and i dont have installation media , how can i fix the issue ?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-configuration-data-file-doesnt-contain-valid/c8b9e6fb-11bf-4f0c-b50a-024e0fca8a83

Users found this page by searching for:

1. boot configuration data file does not contain

2. Boot Configuration data file valid information

3. the windows boot configuration data file does not contain a valid os entry

4. Windows Boot Configuration Data file does not contain a valid ,
  5. boot container data file does not contain valid information for an OS. error code 0xc0000098