Windows 10: Boot configuration data file error

Discus and support Boot configuration data file error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, my PC started having issue when the wifi connection fot disconnected then it froze. Once I tried to connect to wifi by right clicking and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RoxiGS, Oct 1, 2020.

1. RoxiGS Win User

Boot configuration data file error

Hello, my PC started having issue when the wifi connection fot disconnected then it froze. Once I tried to connect to wifi by right clicking and selecting MANUAL connection, the blue screen appears as photo below.
    Boot configuration data file error 8edc28dd-2117-478f-8b05-b21732bf19ca?upload=true.jpg

Then the system restarted and the another blue screen appears as below.
    Boot configuration data file error 7fc431be-d2eb-4c73-82df-1f85dead673a?upload=true.jpg

I have tried all the option provided but could not reboot the system and it always go back to the first blue screen error as attached above.

Also tried rebooting by turning it off then on, done that twice then tbe third time i let it restart completely but it still go back to the first blue screen error.

Can someone guide me on how to reboot the system without the system disk because i dont have it.

:)

RoxiGS, Oct 1, 2020

2. Boot Configuration Data file is missing some required information WINDOWS 10

Boot Configuration Data file is missing some required information

Upon reboot, I ge the following message:
    "Recovery
    Your PC needs to be repaired
    The Boot Configuration Data file is missing some required information.
    File: \BCD
    Error Code: 0x000000d

You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media, If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer."

I've followed steps of doing bootrec/rebuildbcd - it says "add installation to boot list? Yes(Y)/No(N)/All(A) - I've tried to select Yes and All but it comes up with the requested system device cannot be found.

I really don't want to lose my data so any suggestions would be great?

**Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate / PC**

AimeeReid123, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Windows10 Version 1703 Error Code: 0xc000000f Boot Configuration Data missing or contains erors

Hi,

Disk write errors, boot sector viruses, and errors made while configuring the Boot Configuration Data manually are some of the possible causes why you are experiencing the error code 0xc000000f. For us to provide better assistance, we would need you to answer
    the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To give you a heads up, most of the troubleshooting step for this error requires a Windows installation disc. It will be best if you acquire one.

Looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Dandido Win User

The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors

To topgundcp.

I followed your instructions but Macrium could not find an operating system. See image below.

Boot configuration data file error [​IMG]

I pressed next anyway and selected C: and pressed next again.

I ran the fix and everything seems to have worked fine. I then restarted my computer.

I was greeted with a new error *Sad

Any idea on what to do next?

To dalchina.

Here's the result from the HD Tune Health tab.

I am currently doing an error scan with no damaged blocks after 15 minutes. I will leave it on and come back later and post the result.

To bro67.

Thank you for your suggestion. I will try it after the error scan is completed and post the results.

So to summarize I currently have this error when trying to boot my computer.

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
    <Windows root>\system 32\hal.dll.

Dandido, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Boot configuration data file error - Similar Threads - Boot configuration data

2. Need help with boot configuration data

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help with boot configuration data: Hello,I am currently in the process of fixing up an old laptop to play some games on. A couple days ago, I tried to do a complete system reset in order to refresh the laptop, as it has been running slow for the past few years. It told me I didn’t have enough space to reset,...
  3. Need help with boot configuration data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with boot configuration data: Hello,I am currently in the process of fixing up an old laptop to play some games on. A couple days ago, I tried to do a complete system reset in order to refresh the laptop, as it has been running slow for the past few years. It told me I didn’t have enough space to reset,...
  4. Need help with boot configuration data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. unable to update boot configuration data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to update boot configuration data: Hey, microsoft Well I have a asus vivobook gaming laptop with windows 10 already installed and activated. I was happy with my laptop. one day my laptop was acting kinda weird so i decided to reset my laptop. once i went to settings/update and security/recovery and I hit get...
  6. Boot Configuration Data Error

Boot Configuration Data Error: I have a custom built PC it had installed Windows 10 on it. I was using it last night and this morning I woke up to a Recovery Error. It says “Your PC/Device needs to be repaired...The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors...File: \Boot\BCD...Error...
  7. boot configuration data is missing or contain error

boot configuration data is missing or contain error: what recovery tools are needed to fix error code 0xc00000039 windows 10 on acer switch 10 * Moved from Community Participation Center * Moved from: Windows 10 / Performance & system failures...
  8. The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors" File:...

The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors" File:...: Hi everyone, I dual booted my windows 10 on an Asus n550jx laptop with ubuntu 16.04 LTS and everything worked fine until I decided to remove my ubuntu. I created a usb recovery drive in windows which eventually got 8 Gbytes of space in my usb. I booted from it and it was...
  9. Boot configuration data error 0xc0000225

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot configuration data error 0xc0000225: After my computer updated, I cannot access Windows anymore. It boots up, then loads in with a black screen with the Windows Boot Manager telling me that Windows failed to start, File: \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\Bcd , Status: 0xc0000225 , Info: The Boot Configuration Data for your PC...
  10. recovery boot configuration data error

in Windows 10 Support
    recovery boot configuration data error: Hi guys, so my hp probook has come up with this error code 0xc000000f saying the boot configuration data for pc is missing or contains errors. Will need to use recovery tools. How do I fix this problem? My pc doesn't have a cd drive but I have the discs. Please could someone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows could not start