Windows 10: Boot Configuration Data is missing or contains errors, Error code 0xc0000185

Discus and support Boot Configuration Data is missing or contains errors, Error code 0xc0000185 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]This error on a Windows 10/8/7 computer will not even let you turn on your system and will appear as soon as it starts to boot the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 13, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Boot Configuration Data is missing or contains errors, Error code 0xc0000185

WinClub, Mar 13, 2019
  2. Ellie_047 Win User

Error Code 0xc0000185; the Boot Configuration a Data was missing/contained errors Need help!

Original title: Error Code 0xc0000185; Need help!

My laptop was perfectly fine the night before- was running good, like usual, booted properly, all that good stuff.

When I woke up and turned my pc on the next morning, however, it didn't boot and showed the error code 0xc0000185, telling me that it the Boot Configuration a Data was missing/contained errors.

You see, my laptop's around two years old now, so it's a bit rustier than it used to be. So, I waited a day just to see if it was just a thing, a small error my pc could sort out or if it was just a glitch.

But it wasn't, and my laptop is still in the error. I don't know what happened to it, is there any way to manuallly fix it? Please help!

Ellie_047, Mar 13, 2019
  3. boot configuration data missing Error 0xc0000185

Hi Arnold,

Sorry for taking so long to reply.

Thank you for your suggestion,.

From the link in your post i guess restoring Windows 10 is possible when Windows is running and when Windows Recovery Environment launches the Troublesheet screen while Windows is not running.

But in my laptop as soon as i switch it on I am getting the Blue screen with the following message:

Recovery:

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

The boot configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors.

File:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD

Error code: 0xc0000185

you'll need to use recovery tools. if you don't have any installation media(like a disc or USB device), contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer.

I tried with other boot options as well every time I'm seeing the same Error Message. So I'm not sure how i can reset to Restore Windows 10.

Thanks,

Dilip

dilipsvaishnav, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Dandido Win User

The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors

To topgundcp.

I followed your instructions but Macrium could not find an operating system. See image below.

Boot Configuration Data is missing or contains errors, Error code 0xc0000185 [​IMG]

I pressed next anyway and selected C: and pressed next again.

Boot Configuration Data is missing or contains errors, Error code 0xc0000185 [​IMG]

I ran the fix and everything seems to have worked fine. I then restarted my computer.

I was greeted with a new error *Sad

Any idea on what to do next?

To dalchina.

Here's the result from the HD Tune Health tab.

I am currently doing an error scan with no damaged blocks after 15 minutes. I will leave it on and come back later and post the result.

To bro67.

Thank you for your suggestion. I will try it after the error scan is completed and post the results.

So to summarize I currently have this error when trying to boot my computer.

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
    <Windows root>\system 32\hal.dll.

Dandido, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Boot Configuration Data is missing or contains errors, Error code 0xc0000185 - Similar Threads - Boot Configuration Data

2. “the boot configuration data for your pc is missing or contains error” or “ error code: 0xc000014c”

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    “the boot configuration data for your pc is missing or contains error” or “ error code: 0xc000014c”: Hey guys recently my laptop keeps saying “the boot configuration data for your pc is missing or contains error” or “ error code: 0xc000014c”. I tried to boot my pc from usb instalation media but i could not. Instead of booting, my pc keeps coming back to the boot menu as you...
  3. Windows boot manager configuration data is missing or contains errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows boot manager configuration data is missing or contains errors: Computer wont start, said it was repairing c:drive but now it wont start and keeps going to boot manager where it says configuration data is missing or contains errors. Status: 0xc0000225. What does that mean?...
  4. 0xc0000454, The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors

in Windows 10 News
    0xc0000454, The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors error occurs when a computer boots up, and the Windows Boot Manager encounters an issue with the Boot configuration data. The error code 0xc0000454 (STATUS_INSUFFICIENT_NVRAM_RESOURCES)...
  5. Boot Configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot Configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors: This error is displaying when I try to open my laptop. Please guide me a solution.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-configuration-data-for-your-pc-is-missing-or/d8d160d7-e4c0-4edb-9b9f-486ee74e5b38
  6. boot configuration data is missing or contain error

boot configuration data is missing or contain error: what recovery tools are needed to fix error code 0xc00000039 windows 10 on acer switch 10 * Moved from Community Participation Center * Moved from: Windows 10 / Performance & system failures...
  7. The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors" File:...

The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors" File:...: Hi everyone, I dual booted my windows 10 on an Asus n550jx laptop with ubuntu 16.04 LTS and everything worked fine until I decided to remove my ubuntu. I created a usb recovery drive in windows which eventually got 8 Gbytes of space in my usb. I booted from it and it was...
  8. The boot configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors.

The boot configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors.: I would have fone the automatic reset. But i do not own the usb or dvd that it comes with. Any ideas for resetting this vut without the usb or dvd?...
  9. The boot configuration data for your pc is missing or contains errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The boot configuration data for your pc is missing or contains errors: So I have been literally trying to fix my windows not being able to boot at all for more than 12 hours straight till now. I almost read every single article and troubleshooting step on the web to find a solution but nothing seems to work. I will keep it short as much as I...
  10. The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors

in Windows 10 Support
    The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors: I came home one day and got a blue screen when trying to start up my computer. The error said "a required device isn't connected". I tried solving this problems in a lot of ways but I think I only made things worse cause now the error says "Your PC/Device needs to be...
Tags: