Windows 10: Boot crash: 0xcf

Discus and support Boot crash: 0xcf in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello second thread of the day in this forum, Yaah -.- Long story short, pc has basically been broken for the last 3 slow builds, various... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PeaceDealer, May 1, 2015.

1. Boot crash: 0xcf

Hello

second thread of the day in this forum, Yaah -.-

Long story short, pc has basically been broken for the last 3 slow builds, various reasons, different corrupt files ect.

now, for the first time I actually get an error code... 0xcf

I have aver tried the various recovery methods, chkdsk, fixed boot records, and tried to refresh the pc (which fails after 10%), and I'm now on bare bottom.

Can I fix this, without reinstalling windows for the 15th time, because then I would be very happy.

Thanks

regards
    Jonas

:)

PeaceDealer, May 1, 2015

2. Blue Screen error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Original title: WHEA Crash - Diagnosis?

Hello,

I was wondering if someone would analyze these dumps and tell me the root cause:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9FDB5CEE3B8F985B!388&authkey=!AHrtNEhVa7e97ko&ithint=file,dmp

On Mon 5/30/2016 4:39:38 PM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\053016-6078-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0xCF)

Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFE0019A4D5028, 0xFE000000, 0x40014A)

Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hal.dll

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL

Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).

This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.

The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 5/30/2016 4:39:38 PM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0xCF)

Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFE0019A4D5028, 0xFE000000, 0x40014A)

Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hal.dll

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL

Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).

This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.

The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

GreenHawk84, May 1, 2015
  3. my farmville 2 is crashing now why

my game above is recently crashing and I don't know why. I have re booted but it still does the same thing. in middle of game it posts a notice that game has crashed and says to re boot.

can some help

Dawn Devoe, May 1, 2015
  4. usasma Win User

Boot crash: 0xcf

An error of 0xc000000f is "no such file" - it means that the file that the computer was looking for does not exist in the location that it's supposed to be at. As it states that the required device isn't connected, I'd expect that it could be:
    - a missing driver
    - corrupted configuration file(s)
    - hardware failure

Since the problems have persisted through 3 different builds, I'd suspect that a hardware problem was the most likely cause.

As you've already done all the Startup Repair troubleshooting, I'd then proceed with some hardware diagnostics: Hardware Diagnostics
    You can also try stripping the system down to the bare essentials (in order to rule out problems with other devices). Here's some suggestions for this: Hardware Stripdown Troubleshooting

Beyond that, have you tried System Restore? If so, what were the results?
    You may also want to try an in-place upgrade by running setup from within Windows and selecting the Upgrade option (I haven't tried this with 10, so am unsure if it's present or not).

usasma, May 2, 2015
  5. There is a refresh option, but neither this nor system restore worked - due to some corrupt files...

How-ever i ended up doing a re-install, trying to severly limit the programs I installed that hooked into Windows, and so far its all good. I think the issue may have been with a screenshot program called Lightshot which hooks into various windows functions including explorer. Its one of the only programs I can think off I havent installed yet.

PeaceDealer, May 2, 2015
  6. usasma Win User
    Sounds like you may have figured it out.
    We'll be here if you need further assistance.
    Good Luck!

usasma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Boot crash: 0xcf

1. Boot crash: 0xcf - Similar Threads - Boot crash 0xcf

2. Explorer.exe crashing on boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer.exe crashing on boot: Hiexplorer.exe sometimes crashes when my pc boots. It cycles through crashes for a few minutes before it starts to work.here is the admin event log:Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.3031, time stamp: 0xe5ee9741Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll,...
  3. Explorer.exe crashing on boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer.exe crashing on boot: Hiexplorer.exe sometimes crashes when my pc boots. It cycles through crashes for a few minutes before it starts to work.here is the admin event log:Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.3031, time stamp: 0xe5ee9741Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll,...
  4. Computer crashes on boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes on boot: Computer starts with auto repair mode then slowly startsHere is minidump fileshttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1eSn5qZf38pKgXKNZRa1I0XvYb1h65Lui/view?usp=sharingI did a 3 hour test using memtest86. 0 errors found.No problem was detected when I checked with 'chkdsk /f /r'...
  5. Computer crashes on boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes on boot: Computer starts with auto repair mode then slowly startsHere is minidump fileshttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1eSn5qZf38pKgXKNZRa1I0XvYb1h65Lui/view?usp=sharingI did a 3 hour test using memtest86. 0 errors found.No problem was detected when I checked with 'chkdsk /f /r'...
  6. Crashes after boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashes after boot: Okay, so.Whenever my desktop computer has been off for a while like overnight, or when I am at work for the day, it always crashes post boot.It will boot fine, all the way into Windows. I can use it or just leave it sitting there for anywhere from 3 to maybe 30 minutes, and...
  7. Crash - Boot - No SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Crash - Boot - No SSD: Last month my PC was showing 'There was some problem restarting your PC' message and was auto restarting while. I searched some similar problems and their solutions. Tried some steps it didn't worked so I moved to Ubuntu due to mywindows crash , but I came back because a...
  8. Crash - Boot - No SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Crash - Boot - No SSD: Last month my PC was showing 'There was some problem restarting your PC' message and was auto restarting while. I searched some similar problems and their solutions. Tried some steps it didn't worked so I moved to Ubuntu due to mywindows crash , but I came back because a...
  9. Windows Boot Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Boot Crash: I'm running windows 10 on my computer. I put it to sleep the other day and when I turned it back on all I saw was the Dell splash screen with the dots loading. So I powered it down and turned it back on this time it tried to automatic repair itself, after a few minutes of...
  10. Windows boot crashing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows boot crashing: Hi there. I would like to know why did MS Suck the live out off dual boot with other os's ? I mean if I boot with windows 10, 64 pro and uses another os for example myhouse 64. If I boot myhouse 64 from a usb drive. Why does windows 10, 64 pro crash after I shutdown...