Windows 10: Boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt.

Discus and support Boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 1803 Dec. Cumulative Update caused failure to startup normally. Several attempts to Automatic Repair failed. Log notes: Boot critical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JJWassell, Dec 20, 2018.

1. JJWassell Win User

Boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt.

Windows 10 1803 Dec. Cumulative Update caused failure to startup normally. Several attempts to Automatic Repair failed.

Log notes:

Boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt.
    Do I need to download the ISO to fix the problem?

:)

JJWassell, Dec 20, 2018

2. Corrupt DLL files

I keep getting a message about corrupt dll files (MSVCP110.dll is just one) when I try to open several apps. I have tried a number of the suggestions from the message boards but nothing works. I have reinstalled the programs to no avail. Any suggestions?

DavidParkansky, Dec 20, 2018
  3. DLL Missing

The problem is, that the required DLL is not actually even listed there.
    There are just dozens of download adware links from the top to the bottom.

TairikuOkami, Dec 20, 2018
  4. David Haz Win User

MSVCP100.dll and MSVCP100.dll missing

Hello,

May we know if you have made any software changes to your device prior to the missing DLL files?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the System File Checker tool and see if it helps with the issue. System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted
    files. If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

To run the System File Checker tool, you may follow the steps below:

• Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, type
      Command Prompt or cmd, then right-click it, and click
      Run as administrator.
    • At the command prompt, type the following command, and press Enter:
      • sfc /scannow
    • After the process is finished, you may receive the results of the scan, if it found any corruptions within your device.

We look forward to an update from you.

Regards.

David Haz, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt. - Similar Threads - Boot critical file

2. Blue screen - boot critical file corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen - boot critical file corrupted: Hi,I unexpectedly had a blue screen several times, where automatic repair failed repeatedly and restarting didn’t work.I have a message saying firewall is turned off when it shouldn’t and internet connection is not available when it should be.I have the log file and the...
  3. Blue screen - boot critical file corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen - boot critical file corrupted: Hi,I unexpectedly had a blue screen several times, where automatic repair failed repeatedly and restarting didn’t work.I have a message saying firewall is turned off when it shouldn’t and internet connection is not available when it should be.I have the log file and the...
  4. "Boot critical file C:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\CiPolicies\Active{ ___ }.cip is corrupt" when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Boot critical file C:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\CiPolicies\Active{ ___ }.cip is corrupt" when...: Alright, so I'm going to include a bit of background in case it is relevant. So back in November or so my computer crashed and started booting up with bluescreens which prevented me from launching Windows 10. Long very long story short, the only thing that ended up working...
  5. "Boot critical file C:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\CiPolicies\Active{ ___ }.cip is corrupt" when...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Boot critical file C:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\CiPolicies\Active{ ___ }.cip is corrupt" when...: Alright, so I'm going to include a bit of background in case it is relevant. So back in November or so my computer crashed and started booting up with bluescreens which prevented me from launching Windows 10. Long very long story short, the only thing that ended up working...
  6. "Boot critical file C:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\CiPolicies\Active{ ___ }.cip is corrupt" when...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Boot critical file c:\windows\system32\drivers\vhjrap.sys is corrupt!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot critical file c:\windows\system32\drivers\vhjrap.sys is corrupt!: My PCWindows 10, latest build failed to boot , throwing "Startup repair couldnt repair your PC" message on startup. After multiple attempts, it did boot eventually..Looking at the Logfile "C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt" , mentioned in the error message, I...
  8. corrupted dll files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    corrupted dll files: Can resetting a windows 10 pc fix corrupted dll files like riched20?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-dll-files/6f1752aa-53db-42e8-8202-687b2cea52a3
  9. Boot critical file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\FileLock.sys is corrupt.

Boot critical file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\FileLock.sys is corrupt.: Boot critical file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\FileLock.sys is corrupt. How to resolve this issue ? please help me in resolution of this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-critical-file/7214935c-ef46-4942-a1dc-3b824650aecb
  10. Boot critical file bootres.dll is corrupt

Boot critical file bootres.dll is corrupt: Ive sorta ran into this problem about a week ago and ive tried everything. Im stuck in the "Automatic repair loop" and I've ran chkdsk and everything was normal, I also attempted to Reset my Laptop but it went straight to Saying "There was a Problem" not to mention all the...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt

2. how to fix Boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt error

3. boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt.

4. c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll,
  5. boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll,
  6. The following file necessary for Windows startup was corrupt: e:\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll,
  7. c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\,
  8. efi windows bootres,
  9. efi microsoft boot resources custom bootres,
  10. boot critical file c:\windows\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt.,
  11. boot critical file corrupt windows 10,
  12. boot/resources/custom/bootres.dll corrupt,
  13. boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll,
  14. repair boor critical file,
  15. file:///c:/efi/microsoft/boot/resources/custom/bootres.dll