Windows 10: Boot critical file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\FileLock.sys is corrupt.

Discus and support Boot critical file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\FileLock.sys is corrupt. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Boot critical file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\FileLock.sys is corrupt. How to resolve this issue ? please help me in resolution of this issue.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Akash Narhe, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Boot critical file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\FileLock.sys is corrupt.

Boot critical file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\FileLock.sys is corrupt.

How to resolve this issue ?

please help me in resolution of this issue.

:)

Akash Narhe, Mar 14, 2019

2. "Boot critical file c:\windows\system32\drivers\sfsync04.sys is corrupt"

For a while now, whenever I restart my computer (as opposed to shut down/turn on, which works fine), or shut down to install windows updates, my machine enters automatic repair, and then I get the 'Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC' error. I am able
    to boot from there using the 'Disable driver signature enforcement' option, and then everything from that point runs fine, but obviously this is not an ideal situation, as I have to do the same thing every time Windows Update requires a restart as part of
    installations.

Looking at my SrtTrail file, I am told:

Root cause found:

---------------------------

Boot critical file c:\windows\system32\drivers\sfsync04.sys is corrupt.

Repair action: File repair

Result: Failed. Error code = 0xa

Time taken = 2093 ms

How can I go about repairing this file?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows
    / Performance & system failures / PC]

Elethiomel, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    "Boot critical file c:\windows\system32\drivers\sfsync04.sys is corrupt"

Hi,

There are several reasons why this issue occurred. You can perform a clean boot to help eliminate software
    conflicts as an initial troubleshooting. If the issue persists, we suggest that you run a check disk. To know how, follow the steps below:

• Type cmd on the Search bar.
    • Select Command Prompt on the list and click Run as administrator.
    • Type CHKDSK c:/f then press Enter.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Boot critical file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\FileLock.sys is corrupt.

Windows 10 corrupt boot file sfvfs02.sys

Thanks, this worked for me too. Troubles with the driver occurred after Update to Windows 10, Update 1607.

Ubuntu is not required, just boot with the DOS window and rename the files

e.g. (if not DOS experienced)

c:

cd windows

cd system32

cd drivers

ren sfvfs02.sys sfvfs02.sy

Ralf MartinHansen, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Boot critical file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\FileLock.sys is corrupt.

1. Boot critical file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\FileLock.sys is corrupt. - Similar Threads - Boot critical file

2. Boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt.: Windows 10 1803 Dec. Cumulative Update caused failure to startup normally. Several attempts to Automatic Repair failed. Log notes: Boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt. Do I need to download the ISO to fix the problem?...
  3. Critical structure corruption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical structure corruption: About what seems to be every two to four hours my computer crashes saying it was a critical structure corruption and the file was pshed.dll i have followed other people process to no avail all of my drivers are up to date and i have run malwarebytes and it was found no...
  4. multiple .sys files showing as critical, but computer is stable.

multiple .sys files showing as critical, but computer is stable.: Hello everyone, thanks for taking the time to read this. I was just browsing through windows and I stumbled upon the system information window, I noticed it could show you drivers status and I had recently fixed an issue with a removable hard drives' driver that caused my...
  5. Boot critical file bootres.dll is corrupt

Boot critical file bootres.dll is corrupt: Ive sorta ran into this problem about a week ago and ive tried everything. Im stuck in the "Automatic repair loop" and I've ran chkdsk and everything was normal, I also attempted to Reset my Laptop but it went straight to Saying "There was a Problem" not to mention all the...
  6. critical structure corruption

critical structure corruption: hello everyone I have been having critical structure corruptionfor sometime now after my update and this is the minidump file please help me out Crash Dump Analysis provided by OSR Open Systems Resources, Inc. (http://www.osr.com) Online Crash Dump Analysis Service See...
  7. Critical structure corruption

Critical structure corruption: How ironic. As I was typing this message it happened again. Stop Code: Critical_Structure_Corruption. Have reloaded WIN 10, Microsoft support remotely reloaded Win 10 and it continues to randomly stop. Any ideas? 66007
  8. Critical Structure Corruption

Critical Structure Corruption: Not sure what the deal is. I've removed a bunch of things, updated fully, ran sfc /scannow, dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth and dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth. I also defragged disks and checked there health, as well as run memtest twice....
  9. Critical structure corruption

Critical structure corruption: hello, recently i just installed daemon/alcohol and that's when my problem is starting, bsod here is the log, pls help *Sad Attachment 78706 49614
  10. Critical Structure Corruption

Critical Structure Corruption: Hello Recently, I had just updated my AMD drivers which took about an hour. Once that had finished I watched a video on Youtube. About 2 minutes into that video, my computer froze with a weird buzzing sound and then it crashed. I am guessing it has something to do with the...