Windows 10: Boot critical file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\FileLock.sys is corrupt.

Discus and support Boot critical file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\FileLock.sys is corrupt. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Boot critical file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\FileLock.sys is corrupt. How to resolve this issue ? please help me in resolution of this issue.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Akash Narhe, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Boot critical file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\FileLock.sys is corrupt.

Boot critical file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\FileLock.sys is corrupt.

How to resolve this issue ?

please help me in resolution of this issue.

:)

Akash Narhe, Mar 14, 2019

2. "Boot critical file c:\windows\system32\drivers\sfsync04.sys is corrupt"

For a while now, whenever I restart my computer (as opposed to shut down/turn on, which works fine), or shut down to install windows updates, my machine enters automatic repair, and then I get the 'Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC' error. I am able
    to boot from there using the 'Disable driver signature enforcement' option, and then everything from that point runs fine, but obviously this is not an ideal situation, as I have to do the same thing every time Windows Update requires a restart as part of
    installations.

Looking at my SrtTrail file, I am told:

Root cause found:

---------------------------

Boot critical file c:\windows\system32\drivers\sfsync04.sys is corrupt.

Repair action: File repair

Result: Failed. Error code = 0xa

Time taken = 2093 ms

How can I go about repairing this file?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows
    / Performance & system failures / PC]

Elethiomel, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    "Boot critical file c:\windows\system32\drivers\sfsync04.sys is corrupt"

Hi,

There are several reasons why this issue occurred. You can perform a clean boot to help eliminate software
    conflicts as an initial troubleshooting. If the issue persists, we suggest that you run a check disk. To know how, follow the steps below:

• Type cmd on the Search bar.
    • Select Command Prompt on the list and click Run as administrator.
    • Type CHKDSK c:/f then press Enter.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Boot critical file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\FileLock.sys is corrupt.

Windows 10 corrupt boot file sfvfs02.sys

Thanks, this worked for me too. Troubles with the driver occurred after Update to Windows 10, Update 1607.

Ubuntu is not required, just boot with the DOS window and rename the files

e.g. (if not DOS experienced)

c:

cd windows

cd system32

cd drivers

ren sfvfs02.sys sfvfs02.sy

Ralf MartinHansen, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Boot critical file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\FileLock.sys is corrupt.

1. Boot critical file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\FileLock.sys is corrupt. - Similar Threads - Boot critical file

2. Blue screen - boot critical file corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen - boot critical file corrupted: Hi,I unexpectedly had a blue screen several times, where automatic repair failed repeatedly and restarting didn’t work.I have a message saying firewall is turned off when it shouldn’t and internet connection is not available when it should be.I have the log file and the...
  3. Blue screen - boot critical file corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen - boot critical file corrupted: Hi,I unexpectedly had a blue screen several times, where automatic repair failed repeatedly and restarting didn’t work.I have a message saying firewall is turned off when it shouldn’t and internet connection is not available when it should be.I have the log file and the...
  4. "Boot critical file C:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\CiPolicies\Active{ ___ }.cip is corrupt" when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Boot critical file C:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\CiPolicies\Active{ ___ }.cip is corrupt" when...: Alright, so I'm going to include a bit of background in case it is relevant. So back in November or so my computer crashed and started booting up with bluescreens which prevented me from launching Windows 10. Long very long story short, the only thing that ended up working...
  5. "Boot critical file C:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\CiPolicies\Active{ ___ }.cip is corrupt" when...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Boot critical file C:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\CiPolicies\Active{ ___ }.cip is corrupt" when...: Alright, so I'm going to include a bit of background in case it is relevant. So back in November or so my computer crashed and started booting up with bluescreens which prevented me from launching Windows 10. Long very long story short, the only thing that ended up working...
  6. "Boot critical file C:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\CiPolicies\Active{ ___ }.cip is corrupt" when...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. sfsync02.sys file corrupted

sfsync02.sys file corrupted: I started having Windows Automatic Repair run during start up and but no problem found. It tells me to restart but the same happens all the time.Through the cmd i read the log file created by Automatic System Repair and found that c:\windows\system32\drivers\sfsync02.sys is...
  8. Boot critical file c:\windows\system32\drivers\vhjrap.sys is corrupt!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot critical file c:\windows\system32\drivers\vhjrap.sys is corrupt!: My PCWindows 10, latest build failed to boot , throwing "Startup repair couldnt repair your PC" message on startup. After multiple attempts, it did boot eventually..Looking at the Logfile "C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt" , mentioned in the error message, I...
  9. Boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt.: Windows 10 1803 Dec. Cumulative Update caused failure to startup normally. Several attempts to Automatic Repair failed. Log notes: Boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt. Do I need to download the ISO to fix the problem?...
  10. Boot critical file bootres.dll is corrupt

Boot critical file bootres.dll is corrupt: Ive sorta ran into this problem about a week ago and ive tried everything. Im stuck in the "Automatic repair loop" and I've ran chkdsk and everything was normal, I also attempted to Reset my Laptop but it went straight to Saying "There was a Problem" not to mention all the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. boot critical file sfvfs02.sys is corrupt

2. file:\windows\system32\drivers\quebda.sys

3. blue screen sfvfs02.sys

4. boot critical file sfvfs02.sys is corrupt windows 10,
  5. windows 10 sfvfs02.sys causing blue screen,
  6. windows blue screen sfvfs02.sys error,
  7. filelock.sys,
  8. C:Windows/system32/drivers/wd/,
  9. file:///C:/WINDOWS/System32/drivers/segwindrvx64.sys,
  10. pc boot C:\Windows\System32\,
  11. sfsync04,