Windows 10: boot critical file d;\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupted need help repair

Discus and support boot critical file d;\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupted need help repair in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; boot critical file d;\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupted need help repair Tried almost everything in command prompt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LONGLE7, Nov 4, 2019.

1. LONGLE7 Win User

boot critical file d;\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupted need help repair

boot critical file d;\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupted need help repair

Tried almost everything in command prompt

:)

LONGLE7, Nov 4, 2019

2. VM stuck in boot loop: Boot critical file C:\EFI\Microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt

A VM I built for a coworker has crashed and will not boot. It boots to a blue-screen. When I tried to run startup repair I found this in the error log:

Looking online for this error, I cannot seem to find any conclusive way to fix this. Worth mentioning: I cloned this VM, so I do have a copy of the original bootres.dll file. Should I just try and replace the corrupted BootRes.DLL file? The VM is running on a VMware ESXi 6.0 hypervisor. The VM uses UEFI.

KidACrimson, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Hrsmen Win User
    root cause found: boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt

Hello Community,

I recently had a Windows update, on 12/11/2018, and restarted my HP Envy, then when I Windows turned on after restart, I received another notice of another update. I hit restart and they downloaded, and when the computer was booting back up, I started seeing
    messages of attempting repair and all kinds of another stuff. A blue screen came up with a log of issues, and after looking up log, this is the info listed at the end of the log:

root cause found: boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt

I have tried to to restore to previous dates prior to the updates, but it would not go through and I kept getting the message that is was attempting to repair issues and the same log info came up.

Thank,

Hrsmen, Nov 4, 2019
  4. savid5 Win User

Windows 10 PC wont boot (bootres.dll corrupt)

Hello, Here is the current situation of my computer running Windows 10.

When I boot the computer is says Diagnosing your PC and then switches to Attempting Repairs.

After that I get the message:

E:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

In the file SrtTrail.txt it says:

Root cause found:

Boot critical file E:\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt.

Repair action: File repair

Result: Failed. Error code = 0x4005

Also unable to boot into Safemode

I searched the web and found a utility called DISM but unable to get it to work. Note that I am running this from the Windows 10 installer.

Any suggestions on steps to take to try and fix this corrupt bootres.dll

Thanks Ken

savid5, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

1. boot critical file d;\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupted need help repair - Similar Threads - boot critical file

2. msvcp110.dll file not working need help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    msvcp110.dll file not working need help: Hi, when I try to start a game through uplay i get this message: c://WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/msvcp110.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator...
  3. Need help with automatic repair...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help with automatic repair...: So I’m on windows 8.1 and have the automatic repair issue. I wouldn’t be posting here, since the ways to resolve it are self explanatory but it requires my password and I don’t have it. I also don’t remember my email either that was used to create the account (if I did use...
  4. Boot critical file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\FileLock.sys is corrupt.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot critical file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\FileLock.sys is corrupt.: Boot critical file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\FileLock.sys is corrupt. How to resolve this issue ? please help me in resolution of this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-critical-file/7214935c-ef46-4942-a1dc-3b824650aecb
  5. Corrupt d2d1.dll file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupt d2d1.dll file: Hitman Pro says my d2d1.dll file is corrupt. How can I tell and how can I correct it? It is located in C:/Windows/SysWOW64 The date on the file looks suspicious. Date is 1/1/2019 and all the other files are from 2018. OfficeScan virus scan does not flag it as a virus. If...
  6. Boot critical file bootres.dll is corrupt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot critical file bootres.dll is corrupt: Ive sorta ran into this problem about a week ago and ive tried everything. Im stuck in the "Automatic repair loop" and I've ran chkdsk and everything was normal, I also attempted to Reset my Laptop but it went straight to Saying "There was a Problem" not to mention all the...
  7. repairing corrupt files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    repairing corrupt files: After running sfc /scannow on my windows 10 installation I have been advised tthat there are corrupt files. I have viewed the log and would like to know what these messages mean. " 000010fd Warning - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory...
  8. Need Help With Corrupt File (sfc /scannow)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need Help With Corrupt File (sfc /scannow): Hello All, My system was acting a little funny so I ran an sfc /scannow of the system from my command prompt. It came back with the message Windows resource protection found corrupt files and was unable to fix them. The details are in the CBS log.Note that logging is...
  9. Need help booting!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help booting!!: The laptop i was putting Windows 10 on to had a partition with Linux distro on it and once the Windows 10 install was done I went back in and deleted the partition and formatted it. But! I forgot to set the Windows partition as the active partition and now when I try to boot...
  10. Help! dll files missing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Help! dll files missing.: I've just installed Windows 10 and am getting error messages that MSVCR100.dll is missing for iCloudServices.exe, ApplePhotoStream.exe and Avgui.exe. I'm also getting MSVCP.dll missing for reader_sl. Can anyone help me fix this. Thank you. 9969