Windows 10: boot critical file d;\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupted need help repair

Discus and support boot critical file d;\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupted need help repair in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; boot critical file d;\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupted need help repair Tried almost everything in command prompt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LONGLE7, Nov 4, 2019.

1. LONGLE7 Win User

boot critical file d;\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupted need help repair

boot critical file d;\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupted need help repair

Tried almost everything in command prompt

:)

LONGLE7, Nov 4, 2019

2. VM stuck in boot loop: Boot critical file C:\EFI\Microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt

A VM I built for a coworker has crashed and will not boot. It boots to a blue-screen. When I tried to run startup repair I found this in the error log:

Looking online for this error, I cannot seem to find any conclusive way to fix this. Worth mentioning: I cloned this VM, so I do have a copy of the original bootres.dll file. Should I just try and replace the corrupted BootRes.DLL file? The VM is running on a VMware ESXi 6.0 hypervisor. The VM uses UEFI.

KidACrimson, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Hrsmen Win User
    root cause found: boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt

Hello Community,

I recently had a Windows update, on 12/11/2018, and restarted my HP Envy, then when I Windows turned on after restart, I received another notice of another update. I hit restart and they downloaded, and when the computer was booting back up, I started seeing
    messages of attempting repair and all kinds of another stuff. A blue screen came up with a log of issues, and after looking up log, this is the info listed at the end of the log:

root cause found: boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt

I have tried to to restore to previous dates prior to the updates, but it would not go through and I kept getting the message that is was attempting to repair issues and the same log info came up.

Thank,

Hrsmen, Nov 4, 2019
  4. savid5 Win User

Windows 10 PC wont boot (bootres.dll corrupt)

Hello, Here is the current situation of my computer running Windows 10.

When I boot the computer is says Diagnosing your PC and then switches to Attempting Repairs.

After that I get the message:

E:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

In the file SrtTrail.txt it says:

Root cause found:

Boot critical file E:\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt.

Repair action: File repair

Result: Failed. Error code = 0x4005

Also unable to boot into Safemode

I searched the web and found a utility called DISM but unable to get it to work. Note that I am running this from the Windows 10 installer.

Any suggestions on steps to take to try and fix this corrupt bootres.dll

Thanks Ken

savid5, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

1. boot critical file d;\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupted need help repair - Similar Threads - boot critical file

2. Blue screen - boot critical file corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen - boot critical file corrupted: Hi,I unexpectedly had a blue screen several times, where automatic repair failed repeatedly and restarting didn’t work.I have a message saying firewall is turned off when it shouldn’t and internet connection is not available when it should be.I have the log file and the...
  3. Blue screen - boot critical file corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen - boot critical file corrupted: Hi,I unexpectedly had a blue screen several times, where automatic repair failed repeatedly and restarting didn’t work.I have a message saying firewall is turned off when it shouldn’t and internet connection is not available when it should be.I have the log file and the...
  4. StopCode 0xc000021a and srtTrail.txt boot critical file is corrupt?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    StopCode 0xc000021a and srtTrail.txt boot critical file is corrupt?: Hi all, Running Win 10, nothing newly installed or updated that im aware off but suddenly crashed and now Getting a computer needs to restart something went wrong gathering some information with stopcode 0xc000021a after which system shutdowns. I've run through the...
  5. Missing/corrupt dll file msvcp140.dll

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing/corrupt dll file msvcp140.dll: Hello, I`ve never had any problems with dlls but now i cant start some games because i get dll errors. msvcp140.dll was missing. So i downloaded it and put it in the system32 folder but couldnt run the command regsvr32 msvcp140.dll. I`ve tried some other msvcp140.dlls but...
  6. Need Help With Missing DLL File

Need Help With Missing DLL File: Whenever I attempt to run a bat script it doesnt allow it. My windows update is disabled due to the Windows activation key I used due to organization politices amd I do not know how to get rid of that, please assist if you can. Thanks.[ATTACH]...
  7. corrupted dll files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    corrupted dll files: Can resetting a windows 10 pc fix corrupted dll files like riched20?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-dll-files/6f1752aa-53db-42e8-8202-687b2cea52a3
  8. Help needed please with DLL file

in Windows 10 Support
    Help needed please with DLL file: Hello all, I had Kaspersky Security Cloud Free version on my computer, thought better of it and decided to remove it and go back to Windows Security. I removed KSC Free with Revo Uninstaller, it left a few files that I deleted manually and then Windows Security started back...
  9. msvcp110.dll file not working need help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    msvcp110.dll file not working need help: Hi, when I try to start a game through uplay i get this message: c://WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/msvcp110.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator...
  10. Boot critical file bootres.dll is corrupt

Boot critical file bootres.dll is corrupt: Ive sorta ran into this problem about a week ago and ive tried everything. Im stuck in the "Automatic repair loop" and I've ran chkdsk and everything was normal, I also attempted to Reset my Laptop but it went straight to Saying "There was a Problem" not to mention all the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Can i delete Boot critical file c:\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt