Windows 10: Boot Delay Help

Discus and support Boot Delay Help in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just upgraded to 1803 and my cold boot delay has increased from 20s to 40s. I found this 101 error causing a 16 sec boot delay but don't understand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Steve C, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Steve C Win User

Boot Delay Help

I just upgraded to 1803 and my cold boot delay has increased from 20s to 40s. I found this 101 error causing a 16 sec boot delay but don't understand the report. Any ideas what's causing this?

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance/Operational
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance
    Date: 20/07/2018 14:05:35
    Event ID: 101
    Task Category: Boot Performance Monitoring
    Level: Warning
    Keywords: Event Log
    User: LOCAL SERVICE
    Computer: Richmond
    Description:
    This application took longer than usual to start up, resulting in a performance degradation in the system start-up process:
    File Name : Devic
    Friendly Name :
    Version :
    Total Time : 16150ms
    Degradation Time : 8650ms
    Incident Time (UTC) : ‎2018‎-‎07‎-‎20T13:03:28.636389900Z
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance" Guid="{CFC18EC0-96B1-4EBA-961B-622CAEE05B0A}" />
    <EventID>101</EventID>
    <Version>1</Version>
    <Level>3</Level>
    <Task>4002</Task>
    <Opcode>33</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000010000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-07-20T13:05:35.797272000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>22</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation ActivityID="{0D6A2AFB-202A-0000-6A36-6A0D2A20D401}" />
    <Execution ProcessID="3792" ThreadID="3872" />
    <Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance/Operational</Channel>
    <Computer>Richmond</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-19" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="StartTime">2018-07-20T13:03:28.636389900Z</Data>
    <Data Name="NameLength">6</Data>
    <Data Name="Name">Devic</Data>
    <Data Name="FriendlyNameLength">0</Data>
    <Data Name="FriendlyName">
    </Data>
    <Data Name="VersionLength">0</Data>
    <Data Name="Version">
    </Data>
    <Data Name="TotalTime">16150</Data>
    <Data Name="DegradationTime">8650</Data>
    <Data Name="PathLength">9</Data>
    <Data Name="Path">C:\Devic</Data>
    <Data Name="ProductNameLength">0</Data>
    <Data Name="ProductName">
    </Data>
    <Data Name="CompanyNameLength">0</Data>
    <Data Name="CompanyName">
    </Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

Steve C, Jul 20, 2018

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Oct 17, 2018
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Boot Delay Help

PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Boot Delay Help

1. Boot Delay Help - Similar Threads - Boot Delay Help

2. Internet is delayed when connecting on boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet is delayed when connecting on boot: Seemingly this starting happening randomly a few days ago around the time of the last windows update I downloaded, I'm not sure if that was the cause or not but I system restored back before and the issue is still occuring. Whenever I startup it takes my pc up to a minute...
  3. LONG delay while booting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    LONG delay while booting: I don't THINK this is a Windows 10 thing, so... ASUS X99 Deluxe, Windows 10 Pro, 32 GB memory, AMD 5700 XT graphics... For the last couple months, when I boot the system is posts (presume post is that time when the system wants you to press DEL to go into the BIOS). Then it...
  4. Windows 10 boot delay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 boot delay: I have a Windows 10 Pro 2004 edition which i had installed on my laptop few days back. It is running perfectly but slows down on startup. Is there any solution to this problem? Also, fast startup is enabled....
  5. Delayed "boot-up" on restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delayed "boot-up" on restart: Many times, not always when doing a restart or a start-up after a shutdown, after the "HP" logo comes up and the little dots spin circles for about 30 seconds the screen goes black and stays that way for an extended time. I can hear noise in the background like something is...
  6. delayed booting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    delayed booting: My Lenovo Ideapad 300 series takes about 15-20 minutes to boot. I have tried everything suggested in Youtube videos, and other windows users online... no changes. Someone, please help....
  7. Windows Boot Delayed by not Loading for a Minute

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Boot Delayed by not Loading for a Minute: I cleaned my computer, and after assembly, I turned it on and found there is about a minute that the loading light indicator turns off after the windows icon with black background appears, and then it resumes loading. Because of this it takes more than 1.25 minutes for it to...
  8. Time delay in dual boot system

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time delay in dual boot system: I have a dual boot system with Windows 10 Pro and Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Every time I switch to Ubuntu and get back to windows, I find time is delayed 2 hours! I am using a Dell laptop. What should I do to fix this?...
  9. Booting is delayed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting is delayed: I could not boot the computer ; It demands three or four on /off press. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-is-delayed/a7431a14-a67b-4e5b-9368-ce33b0b836f8
  10. Boot temporary freeze and delay

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot temporary freeze and delay: Hi Coming from the other problem with the font preview problem (now solved Can't preview any font in Windows 10 recent install) I have a new problem (caused by the fix used). It is a new 'problem' that I did not have before: when booting windows (from restart for...