Windows 10: "Boot Device Not Found" - but hitting "Enter" afterward PC boots fine

Discus and support "Boot Device Not Found" - but hitting "Enter" afterward PC boots fine in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had to buy a new (SSD) HD and had trouble booting from a disc until I enabled Legacy Mode and disabled Secure Boot in BIOS. Now whenever I boot up I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by glennnall, Nov 29, 2016.

1. glennnall Win User

"Boot Device Not Found" - but hitting "Enter" afterward PC boots fine

I had to buy a new (SSD) HD and had trouble booting from a disc until I enabled Legacy Mode and disabled Secure Boot in BIOS. Now whenever I boot up I get a "No Boot Device Found" message until I hit "Enter" at which point i'm allowed entry into my precious Win10 laptop.
    "Boot Device Not Found" - but hitting "Enter" afterward PC boots fine [​IMG]

Boot orders in both UEFI and Legacy are the same, with DVD Rom set to boot first. (Also, the settings for IPV4 and IPV6 are set to IPV4 (Legacy) when they were before set to BOTH IPV4 AND 6 and are unable to be changed, if that's important.)

I disabled Legacy in BIOS, but then i get a different "No Boot Device Found" error, and hitting "Enter" doesn't help.

Could some kind person tell me how to correct this, and possibly why it happened and the differences in each option?

I'll settle for how to correct this, though, with much gratitude.

VERY MUCH gratitude.

GN

:)

glennnall, Nov 29, 2016
  2. grschinon Win User

Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Nov 29, 2016
  3. hahakak Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

Hello guys :smileyhappy:

There's something make me crazy :s
    When I click a certain number on keypad on any NOKIA mobile
    Then click the symbol " # ", then a number of
    a contact "in my contact list" will be appeared.
    Is there anyone know how is that???
    I feel curious toward this puzzle :smileyvery-happy:
    OK., if anyone know about this topic, please tell me :smileysad:
    Anyway thanks :smileywink:

hahakak, Nov 29, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

Boot into Setup (Bios) go to the Security Tab, Disable Legacy Mode and Enable UEFI Bios. Also Enable Secure Boot.
    Go to Integrated Peripherals and look for Hard Drive mode, or SATA. Set the SSD for AHCI mode and not Legacy or IDE. Go to the Boot tab, Move SSD to First UEFI Boot Device. Save and Exit.

spunk, Nov 29, 2016
  5. glennnall Win User
    i thank you for this - will give it a shot at some boot point.

one thing I remember is that my UEFI settings were also visible above the Legacy settings - they looked the same except that the Legacy settings referred to "Notebook HD something or other"and the UEFI settings didn't.

I'll return and thank you again when this works. 'Prec (it)...

glennnall, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. "Boot Device Not Found" - but hitting "Enter" afterward PC boots fine - Similar Threads - Boot Device Found

2. Boot Device Not Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Device Not Found: Boot Device Not Found?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E9%9B%BB%E8%85%A6%E7%B6%93%E5%B8%B8%E9%A1%AF/729fd005-9d91-465e-98d7-3c55754bffbf
  3. Boot device not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot device not found: Blue screen error displayed saying"critical process died" and then after restarting severally and changing boot settings it still could not boot windows.After, l took ssd and try to load using another pc but its size could only be read but contents could not....
  4. boot device not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    boot device not found: Hi! So my sister's laptop has a bought Windows 10 pro and I updated it to windows 11 but after i few months without turning it off the laptop showed the blue screen thing and it said restarting your laptop but after that it says boot device not found. i tried restarting my...
  5. no boot device found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no boot device found: Aloha,I am using a Dell Inspirion 3275, and when I turn on the computer it states there is no bootable device. What can I do to fix this. My computer is just old enough to be outside the warranty. Any solutions on how I can get my Windows 10 OS to boot?MahaloJustin...
  6. no boot device found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no boot device found: Aloha,I am using a Dell Inspirion 3275, and when I turn on the computer it states there is no bootable device. What can I do to fix this. My computer is just old enough to be outside the warranty. Any solutions on how I can get my Windows 10 OS to boot?MahaloJustin...
  7. no boot device found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Boot Device not found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot Device not found: I know there has probably been this error before, but this is different, my HP pc has got an error about Boot Device not found right after i got the BSOD saying my memory was full or something, it turned off without doing the thing of it loading, i tried everything i found, I...
  9. Boot device not found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot device not found: Hi, Yesterday I was on my laptop and then it suddenly crashed so I forced powered it off. When I tried to open it again it came up with a black screen saying: Boot device not found Please install and operating system on your hard disk. For more information, please...
  10. Boot device not found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot device not found: My computer froze. When I tried to restart a screen came up "Boot device not found. Please install operating system on your hard disk (3FO)." I have tried reinstalling windows with a media creation tool. But when I get to the part about drivers it does not list drivers....