Windows 10: Boot Device Not Found - HP 350 G1

Discus and support Boot Device Not Found - HP 350 G1 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a HP 350 G1. I have had the W10 upgrade and has been working great. Today I was going to install a SSD - an upgrade from the original hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dehrlich, Mar 15, 2020.

1. dehrlich Win User

Boot Device Not Found - HP 350 G1

I have a HP 350 G1. I have had the W10 upgrade and has been working great. Today I was going to install a SSD - an upgrade from the original hard drive.

I start my laptop, and get a black screen stating

Boot Device Not Found

Please Install an operating system on your hard drive

Hard Disk 3F0

F2 System Diagnostics

I have performed all "suggested" fixes I could find. I have completed:

Hard reset a notebook

Searched for a specific black screen error message

from Microsoft Support

First:

downloaded Windows 10 to a Flash Drive

Method 1:

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
    • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
    • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    • Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system

Method 2:

• If the issue persists, you may perform a check disk and check if that helps.
    • Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
    • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
    • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    • Click on ‘Advanced options’ and click on command prompt.
    • Run the following command from the command prompt and press enter.
    • chkdsk/f /r X: drive letter
    • Press Y when you are prompted to check the disk the next time that the system restarts.
    • Restart the computer.

Method 3:

1. Insert the Windows installation disc in the disc drive or connect USB media and then start the computer.

2. Press a key when the message Press any key to boot from CD or DVD appears.

If your PC does not detect the media automatically.

1 During the restart process, read the screen for any instructions that explain how to interrupt normal startup and enter the basic input/output system BIOS setup utility. Most PCs use the F2, F10, ESC, or DEL key to begin the BIOS Setup.

2 Look for a tab in the BIOS Setup Utility that is labeled Boot Order, Boot Options, or Boot. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to go to the Boot Order, then press Enter.

3 Locate the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive this might be called Removable Device in the Boot list. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to move the drive up so that it appears first in the Boot list. Press Enter. The boot order sequence is now changed to boot from the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.

4 Press F10 to save your changes and to exit the BIOS Setup Utility. Select Yes in the confirmation window. The PC will restart. Allow the PC to restart normally.

FYI The scan will take a few minutes and remove any malware that may be infecting your computer.

5 Select language, time, currency, keyboard or another input method and then click Next.

6 Click Repair your computer.

7 Click the operating system that you want to repair and then click Next.

8 On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. Select Advanced Options >Command Prompt.

9 Type the following command:

Bootrec /fixMBR and then press ENTER.None of the above steps have resolved this problem. I have done several times, redid incase I missed a step. I just need some guidance.
    Thank you

:)

dehrlich, Mar 15, 2020
  2. Wind10Pro Win User

HP Probook470 G1 Shutdown Issue

Here's the list of all drivers for HP ProBook 470 G1 on their Polish site specifically made for Windows 10:
    https://support.hp.com/pl-pl/drivers...ook-pc/5405414

Each time I encounter similar problems I start with this page (even before checking specific drivers on the manufacturer's site):
    Intel(R) Driver & Support Assistant FAQ

Wind10Pro, Mar 15, 2020
  3. uroscamper, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Boot Device Not Found - HP 350 G1

my wi-fi stopped working. Can't turn it on, wi-fi button doesn't work, it's greyed out. Worked fine yesterday, noticed windows 10 update has been installed.

My Laptop is HP 350 G1 Notebook PC.

No I have not created any system restore point prior to this issue.

Yes I am able to use internet through a wired connection.

I also tried the suggestions listed and they didn't work ( rollback driver was not highlighted)

Oluchukwu MikeUghaerumba, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Boot Device Not Found - HP 350 G1

1. Boot Device Not Found - HP 350 G1 - Similar Threads - Boot Device Found

2. boot device not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    boot device not found: Hi! So my sister's laptop has a bought Windows 10 pro and I updated it to windows 11 but after i few months without turning it off the laptop showed the blue screen thing and it said restarting your laptop but after that it says boot device not found. i tried restarting my...
  3. no boot device found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no boot device found: Aloha,I am using a Dell Inspirion 3275, and when I turn on the computer it states there is no bootable device. What can I do to fix this. My computer is just old enough to be outside the warranty. Any solutions on how I can get my Windows 10 OS to boot?MahaloJustin...
  4. no boot device found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no boot device found: Aloha,I am using a Dell Inspirion 3275, and when I turn on the computer it states there is no bootable device. What can I do to fix this. My computer is just old enough to be outside the warranty. Any solutions on how I can get my Windows 10 OS to boot?MahaloJustin...
  5. Boot Device not found

Boot Device not found: I know there has probably been this error before, but this is different, my HP pc has got an error about Boot Device not found right after i got the BSOD saying my memory was full or something, it turned off without doing the thing of it loading, i tried everything i found, I...
  6. hp notebook - boot device not found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hp notebook - boot device not found: When I turn on my HP notebook, it immediately goes to a black screen saying "boot device not found, please install an operating system on your hard disk., hard disk 3F0". I've hit f2 system diagnostics and performed a hard drive check and a memory test, both passed. I've hit...
  7. HP Laptop “No booting device found”

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Laptop “No booting device found”: A few days ago I attempted to reset my HP Laptop, due to some issues. When I tried to reset it, a message appeared saying “There was a problem resetting this PC”. I then went into the Windows Recovery Manager and attempted to uninstall and reinstall Windows 10. An error...
  8. HP Probook470 G1 Failing Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Probook470 G1 Failing Driver: Hi everyone, I am getting BSOD and I asked for help here, you can check it out here: HP Probook470 G1 Shutdown Issue After a lot of troubleshooting I understood that my HpqKbFiltr64.sys is failing. (According to Windows Driver Verify) I Installed the latest drivers from:...
  9. HP Probook470 G1 Shutdown Issue

HP Probook470 G1 Shutdown Issue: Hi everyone! I have an issue with my HP Probook470 G1. I am running Windows 10 64bit. When I try to shutdown my computer (or restart, or hibernate), screen goes blank, fan still runs and lights are still up. After 5-10 minutes blue screen(of death?) comes up and says:...
  10. Boot device not found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot device not found: Hi, Yesterday I was on my laptop and then it suddenly crashed so I forced powered it off. When I tried to open it again it came up with a black screen saying: Boot device not found Please install and operating system on your hard disk. For more information, please...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp 350 g1 usb boot

2. hp 350 g1 ssd booting

3. hp 350 g1 enter bios

4. how to fix Boot device not found HP Windows 10