Windows 10: Boot drive gone after blue screen

Discus and support Boot drive gone after blue screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was transferring a couple big video files from my boot drive C: to my second SSD drive S: when I noticed the transfer speed bottom out on the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GradedStone4, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Boot drive gone after blue screen

I was transferring a couple big video files from my boot drive C: to my second SSD drive S: when I noticed the transfer speed bottom out on the file explorer. Whole computer froze for a few seconds before a CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED blue screen. Upon automatic reboot my UEFI threw up the “Reboot and Select proper Boot device” screen. Hit the hard reset button on my PC case but no luck. Went into the BIOS and only drives I see in the boot list are the UEFI network controller, my secondary SSD S:, and my HDD D:. Sometimes the S: drive does not appear at all or appears after a minute or two o

:)

GradedStone4, Aug 6, 2022
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Aug 6, 2022
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Blue screen and stop code

Hi
    Jeferis,

There are a lot of factors for this matter to occur. To isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• What activity have you done to
      trigger the NTFS and FAT FILE SYS loop?

• were there any error messages?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

It is possible that the
    Boot
    Sequence were corrupted by the previous activity which
    triggered the Blue Screen Error and the loop. We recommend that you perform these
    suggested troubleshooting
    and see if there are any changes:

Startup Repair.

To access the
    Startup Repair Screen, turn off the
    PC 3-4 times(force shutdown),
    while on the Blue screen Error. This will route you to the
    Startup repair screen:

Advanced Boot Options > click Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt

and run the following command:

Run SFC Scan:  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Boot Record:

This will fix the corruptions on
    boot records or boot
    sequence. To run this command, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:  

• Bootrec /fixMBR  

• Bootrec /fixBoot

• Bootrec /rebuildBCD

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 6, 2022
  4. Roan T Win User

Boot drive gone after blue screen

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

Boot drive gone after blue screen

1. Boot drive gone after blue screen - Similar Threads - Boot drive gone

2. unmountable boot drive ntfs blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unmountable boot drive ntfs blue screen: About a month ago I've bought a brand new 2in1 with windows 11 pro 21h2 preinstalled. Today windows update prompt me to install v23h2 and I accepted. The installation frozen on restart at 73%. I shut it down and on restart it reversed the changes and booted again with v21h2....
  3. unmountable boot drive ntfs blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unmountable boot drive ntfs blue screen: About a month ago I've bought a brand new 2in1 with windows 11 pro 21h2 preinstalled. Today windows update prompt me to install v23h2 and I accepted. The installation frozen on restart at 73%. I shut it down and on restart it reversed the changes and booted again with v21h2....
  4. Boot drive gone after blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot drive gone after blue screen: I was transferring a couple big video files from my boot drive C: to my second SSD drive S: when I noticed the transfer speed bottom out on the file explorer. Whole computer froze for a few seconds before a CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED blue screen. Upon automatic reboot my UEFI...
  5. Boot drive gone after blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot drive gone after blue screen: I was transferring a couple big video files from my boot drive C: to my second SSD drive S: when I noticed the transfer speed bottom out on the file explorer. Whole computer froze for a few seconds before a CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED blue screen. Upon automatic reboot my UEFI...
  6. Blue screen on boot after Windows Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen on boot after Windows Update: The problem is that I get blue screen on boot, with the error code 0xC000021A. When the percentage on screen hits 100%, it instantly shuts down, and the next time I boot I either get the same error, or I get automatic repair which fails every time. The first time this...
  7. Blue Screen or shut down after boot.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blue Screen or shut down after boot.: Hello. I have a problem that when i try to boot into windows 10 then there's a blue screen with critical process died or it just shuts down by itself. It only does it once and only when the pc boots in about 1-3 seconds. After the crash or shut down when i boot to Windows 10...
  8. Blue screen after changing boot order

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue screen after changing boot order: I have dual boot on my laptop win 10 on a M2 pcie and ubuntu on a ssd. Since i installed ubuntu almost 1 year ago i had ubuntu on first boot, and both worked fine. Since a couple if weeks i noticed windows would boot first, and i checked today my boot order and saw it changed...
  9. Boot blue screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot blue screen: So when i turn on my pc it is normal, but the wallpaper is blue and when i go to login menu it just doesnt load. For further informasjon please contact me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-blue-screen/3ddb2f41-2a9a-4a2d-ba26-54e600f7d93d
  10. Red Booting Screen - Won’t boot after it’s gone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Red Booting Screen - Won’t boot after it’s gone.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/moukdot [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hotml8/red_booting_screen_wont_boot_after_its_gone/