Windows 10: Boot drive help

Discus and support Boot drive help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all When i was installing windows 10 it installed correctly to my main ssd drive but my boot drive is on my secondary ssd drive and was wondering is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tzfrantic, Jul 21, 2020.

1. tzfrantic Win User

Boot drive help

Hi all
    When i was installing windows 10 it installed correctly to my main ssd drive but my boot drive is on my secondary ssd drive and was wondering is there any way to change this without screwing up my windows 10 on my main drive so that my boot drive and windows 10 drive are on the same drive if that makes sense.

:)

tzfrantic, Jul 21, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jul 21, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    No Boot, Drives Not detected, Can't Load Win10 Pleses Help!

Until the BIOS sees your M.2, there's nothing you can do. It does not matter if the M.2 is unformatted/unallocated, the BIOS should see it.
    1. Suggest that you take the M.2 out, clean all the contacts and re-seat it and hope this is the case.
    2. If step one fails. Connect your 250GB SSD back in using one of the SATA port to see if the BIOS recognize it. If it doen't, then it might be something wrong with the MB, if it does then boot up the Windows Installation USB, run diskpart, shrink it at least 40GB then create a partition, Leave it unallocated then install Windows there.

Also try to re-seat all other components such as Memory, Video card etc...

topgundcp, Jul 21, 2020
  4. Boot drive help

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

Boot drive help

1. Boot drive help - Similar Threads - Boot drive help

2. [HELP] "Reboot and Select proper Boot device" with 2 drives.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [HELP] "Reboot and Select proper Boot device" with 2 drives.: [ATTACH] Hello, fellow redditors! I had my 250GB SSD. I bought a new 1TB SSD, connected it to PC, installed Windows 10 on it using the bootable USB, copied a bunch of files from the old drive (1TB being C drive and 250GB showing up as D drive). When both drives are...
  3. Windows 10 USB drive booting to this.. help?

Windows 10 USB drive booting to this.. help?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bluefragment [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hl657f/windows_10_usb_drive_booting_to_this_help/
  4. Help with Boot Order in a dual drive laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help with Boot Order in a dual drive laptop: Hi all. So my friend just installed a SATA SSD in his DVD Rom using a caddy. I helped him cloned his Windows 10 from his HDD to SSD already. We managed to boot into the SSD using the Windows 10 Advanced Startup by booting from DVD Rom, got a boot device not found error,...
  5. Help with boot

Help with boot: Hi I have some important files in an old windows machine (running Windows 10, but originally came with windows 7, it’s about 8 years old ). It was working fine till a few days ago however now it doesn’t boot. I want to access the files in the hard drive so I can copy them to...
  6. Boot Help

Boot Help: My computer used to have two options when I booted it up, one for each hard drive, but it's not there anymore. So it now only boots up to the old hard drive which I don't want. How can I fix this and make it boot up with two options again. submitted by /u/BiggerBaggot...
  7. No Boot, Drives Not detected, Can't Load Win10 Pleses Help!

No Boot, Drives Not detected, Can't Load Win10 Pleses Help!: I recently put together a new PC, everything went fine and all was working great. yesterday I booted the PC and I got a black screen telling me to "select a bootable drive" . I was able to enter the bios and select my drive (M.2 NVME) (the boot order had changed for some...
  8. Booting windows XP from external drive [Help]

Booting windows XP from external drive [Help]: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Burtonlefty [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/efynjp/booting_windows_xp_from_external_drive_help/
  9. Boot and System ended up on different hard drives!!! Help!

Boot and System ended up on different hard drives!!! Help!: I have two hard drives (C: and E*Smile. Normally I have windows 10 installed on C: and just my documents on E: drive. I had to reinstall windows. The reinstall put the Boot on C: and the System on E: drive. (See image.) Is there any way of putting the system back on...
  10. Help with dual boot

Help with dual boot: Hey everyone, I currently have a hard drive with Windows 10 installed on it, and I want to dual boot it with an older version like Windows 7 or XP. (Just for nostalgia:p) Microsoft said to install the older one first or my computer would be screwed, but the newer one is...