Windows 10: Boot drive help

Discus and support Boot drive help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all When i was installing windows 10 it installed correctly to my main ssd drive but my boot drive is on my secondary ssd drive and was wondering is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tzfrantic, Jul 21, 2020.

1. tzfrantic Win User

Boot drive help

Hi all
    When i was installing windows 10 it installed correctly to my main ssd drive but my boot drive is on my secondary ssd drive and was wondering is there any way to change this without screwing up my windows 10 on my main drive so that my boot drive and windows 10 drive are on the same drive if that makes sense.

:)

tzfrantic, Jul 21, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jul 21, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    No Boot, Drives Not detected, Can't Load Win10 Pleses Help!

Until the BIOS sees your M.2, there's nothing you can do. It does not matter if the M.2 is unformatted/unallocated, the BIOS should see it.
    1. Suggest that you take the M.2 out, clean all the contacts and re-seat it and hope this is the case.
    2. If step one fails. Connect your 250GB SSD back in using one of the SATA port to see if the BIOS recognize it. If it doen't, then it might be something wrong with the MB, if it does then boot up the Windows Installation USB, run diskpart, shrink it at least 40GB then create a partition, Leave it unallocated then install Windows there.

Also try to re-seat all other components such as Memory, Video card etc...

topgundcp, Jul 21, 2020
  4. Boot drive help

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

Boot drive help

1. Boot drive help - Similar Threads - Boot drive help

2. Help, Boot drive losing storage space for no reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help, Boot drive losing storage space for no reason: Hello,My Boot drive C: is a Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2 is losing storage over time. I am not adding any new files etc. However if i click properties on the drive it will be at 1 number, then I click it again a few seconds later and it will have lost around 10,000,000...
  3. Help, Boot drive losing storage space for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help, Boot drive losing storage space for no reason: Hello,My Boot drive C: is a Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2 is losing storage over time. I am not adding any new files etc. However if i click properties on the drive it will be at 1 number, then I click it again a few seconds later and it will have lost around 10,000,000...
  4. Help, Boot drive losing storage space for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Need help for upgrading Windows 11 boot drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help for upgrading Windows 11 boot drive: I have been running win11 for several months, works fine but I had a real problem going from 10 to 11Looking around google I find a lot of information on installing 11 on 10 or even older systems that are not full compatible.I am looking for a walkthrough or at least a...
  6. Help with SSD boot drive change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help with SSD boot drive change: So I have a 240gb and 500gb ssd. I have upgraded and cloned over the years. So Win10 install is on C-500gb drive (C/500). When I removed the 240gb D drive (D/240) to repurpose elsewhere, Windows would not boot, bios error BootManger missing, or something like that. So popped...
  7. Help with moving boot drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with moving boot drive: I received a 500gb nvme ssd which id like to use as my boot drive , as my OS is currently on a 64gb sata ssd. How can I move my boot drive from the sata ssd to the nvme ssd without losing anything ? submitted by /u/CalDal_22 [link] [comments]...
  8. Boot Drive messed up? please help!

Boot Drive messed up? please help!: So, I was doing the Guru3D Display Driver Uninstaller, and I did all that, and it restarted and then it says “A disk read error occurred, press ctrl alt del to restart” and i don’t know what to do!!!! submitted by /u/FalconzBeast [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 USB drive booting to this.. help?

Windows 10 USB drive booting to this.. help?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bluefragment [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hl657f/windows_10_usb_drive_booting_to_this_help/
  10. Help with Boot Order in a dual drive laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help with Boot Order in a dual drive laptop: Hi all. So my friend just installed a SATA SSD in his DVD Rom using a caddy. I helped him cloned his Windows 10 from his HDD to SSD already. We managed to boot into the SSD using the Windows 10 Advanced Startup by booting from DVD Rom, got a boot device not found error,...