Windows 10: Boot DVD to copy files from crashing W10?

Discus and support Boot DVD to copy files from crashing W10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My windows 10 loads up but crashes every time within the first 30 seconds or so (even in safe mode). I suspect the SSD has become corrupted or faulty.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GlynG, Oct 12, 2020.

1. GlynG Win User

Boot DVD to copy files from crashing W10?

My windows 10 loads up but crashes every time within the first 30 seconds or so (even in safe mode). I suspect the SSD has become corrupted or faulty. I have a lot of folders on the boot drive I stupidly hadn't backed up and I want to save before reinstalling from scratch on a new SSD I've bought.

What's the best free bootable DVD (my deaktop is so ancient it can't boot from USB) I can create to boot into instead where I can look at folders on the SSD and copy them to another hard drive in the computer?

:)

GlynG, Oct 12, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

DVD copy

Hello,

Thank you for replying back with the status of this issue.

I would suggest you to copy the movie files from your DVD on your computer hard disk by opening the drive in the computer. You may follow the steps below -

• Insert the DVD in the CD\DVD drive.
    • Open computer, click on DVD drive, and Select the files you want to copy. To select all files, press Ctrl and A keys together, to select files randomly press Ctrl and left mouse click on the file.
    • Right click on the selected files, click on copy.
    • Select the location where you want to save those files, right click and paste it.
    Then you may insert the blank DVD and burn the disk using the Windows DVD Maker. You may refer to the below link for assistance in burning the DVD and other details -

Burn a CD or DVD in Windows DVD Maker -

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/burn-cd-dvd-media-player#1TC=windows-10

Hope this helps. Let us know the results.

Arul_D, Oct 12, 2020
  3. RCoon Win User
    How to copy files from a dvd which doesnot copies?

Have you considered that your disk is simply broken at that point, causing the pause in copying?

Seriously, use a piece of software like Daemon Tools to copy your DVD stuff. It has logs that tell you what goes wrong so we don't all have to guess what is breaking without any information.

Take the steps people are recommending. If you're not doing that then there's no point in you making a thread asking for help you're going to ignore.

RCoon, Oct 12, 2020
  4. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Boot DVD to copy files from crashing W10? - Similar Threads - Boot DVD copy

2. Boot from a DVD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot from a DVD?: I got a new computer but when I put a bootable DVD it won't boot from it, it just goes back into windows 10? What can I do to make it boot from my DVD? 162249
  3. Boot from a DVD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot from a DVD?: How can I boot from a DVD? 162257
  4. new w10 won't boot from DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new w10 won't boot from DVD: I have just upgraded my PC and have bought a fresh w10 since I was unable to port my old one over. When I switched it on I set it to boot from the DVD drive in which I put the new w10 disc. I am now facing problems booting. It just goes blank, or it hangs on the manufacturer...
  5. Error Copying PST File from DVD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error Copying PST File from DVD: Hello, I have recently got a new work email account, and wanted to import all my old emails. I knew that I would no longer have access to my old account files and emails, so I exported everything I needed from Outlook into a PST File and copped it to a DVD+R DL. However,...
  6. Copying DVD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying DVD: I have a home DVD that is over 2 hours long. I would like to copy and burn a DVD with only a 1 hour section of it. What is the best way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-dvd/e2d0225a-0262-4fb5-812e-f66ed3e30ea5"
  7. DVD copy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DVD copy: How do I copy an unprotected DVD to my hard drive using Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-copy/595feffd-e727-42f9-8dd7-d232f529d688
  8. Copying a DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copying a DVD: Please help with how I can copy a DVD. I don't have any software that I can find on my system. Does anything come packaged with Windows 10? 45766
  9. copying damaged files from CD/DVD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    copying damaged files from CD/DVD?: Is there a rugged copy program that can copy a partially corrupted file (*.mpg) from a CD/DVD onto your H/D? What happens is that when the normal windows copy operation encounters that portion of the DVD that is faulty, it tries over and over again (endlessly, it seems) and...
  10. Copy ISO file to DVD

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy ISO file to DVD: I have the windows 10 ISO file on my hard drive and am trying to copy it do a DVD+R. But I get a message that tells me that the DVD has to be formatted to NTFS. When I try to format I don't have a NTFS option. Isn't there a way to move the iso form my hard drive to the DVD?...