Windows 10: Boot Error 0xc000007b - acpiex.sys missing or corrupted

Discus and support Boot Error 0xc000007b - acpiex.sys missing or corrupted in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 Anniversary Update build 1607 and Windows XP Pro SP3 Dual-Boot on my Samsung N150P Netbook. I had been getting this boot error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tasnim Tamim, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Boot Error 0xc000007b - acpiex.sys missing or corrupted

I have a Windows 10 Anniversary Update build 1607 and Windows XP Pro SP3 Dual-Boot on my Samsung N150P Netbook.

I had been getting this boot error since few days. I remember plugging a USB drive on my laptop, which was bootable but had no OS extracted there. I booted my laptop while the usb was plugged and the BIOS showed "Invalid disk", so I unplugged the usb and I was booted to boot menu to choose which OS to boot. I selected WinXP and then XP took me to CHKDISK. I did the CHKDISK thing and from what I saw, It removed some kind of files from the disk that had Win10 installed.

After chkdisk, WinXP and everything else worked....except Win10. I now can't boot to Win10. Booting Win10 shows this error code - "0xc000007b" and acpiex.sys file missing from C:\Windows\system32\drivers\acpiex.sys.

I booted to WinXP to check if the file is really present or not, to see it's there. The file is there and all well. But the Win10 still says it's corrupted.

I even tried booting to Win10 install disk and using Startup Repair from there. After waiting for 8 minutes of "Attempting Repair", it still had the error.

Anyone can help me in this situation? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Here's the mentioned file's properties dialogue -
    Boot Error 0xc000007b - acpiex.sys missing or corrupted [​IMG]

:)

Tasnim Tamim, Feb 2, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

0xc000007b

Hi,

Error 0xc000007b can be caused by a variety of factors. Listed below are some possible reasons why the issue is happening:

• Corrupted application
    • Virus and malware
    • Missing or corrupted application data files
    • Slow performance of the computer

For us to provide you with the appropriate resolution, we need to know the following information:

• Can you specify which applications are affected with this error?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

In the meantime, if you encounter the error when opening Microsoft applications, we suggest running the
    troubleshooter for Windows apps. This will automatically restore and repair missing or corrupted
    files associated with it.

We look forward to your response.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 2, 2019
  3. badelie Win User
    Unable to boot Windows 10 - Winload.exe missing or corrupted - error 0xc000007b

Thanks again for help.

Unfortunately the automatic repairs don't work at all. It just sits there doing nothing for hours without a result. I believe I need a more manual approach. Correct me if I'm wrong, but either the winload.exe file is corrupted (I can actually locate it on
    the HD drive) or bootmgr is looking for it in the wrong location.

Any idea how I can troubleshoot from here?

I'm also confused why it gives me error 0xc000007b. From what I've read it's usually about software that's incompatible or missing and not a required boot executable like winload.exe .

badelie, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Marc49 Win User

Boot Error 0xc000007b - acpiex.sys missing or corrupted

BSOD and 0xc000007b boot error

I'm having an almost identical problem, but I cannot even reach a command prompt. This has been a stable system until this morning, now the BSOD shows that \Windows\System32\Drivers\aswVmm.sys (part of Avast Internet Security) is causing the 0xc000007b boot error... Doesn't seem to be any way around it that I've been able to find. Any suggestions will be much appreciated!

Marc49, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Boot Error 0xc000007b - acpiex.sys missing or corrupted

1. Boot Error 0xc000007b - acpiex.sys missing or corrupted - Similar Threads - Boot Error 0xc000007b

2. Winload.efi is Missing or Corrupt Boot Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Winload.efi is Missing or Corrupt Boot Error: Hi, I have a HP Pavillion Laptop with an 256 GB SSD and 1 GB HDD. I have installed Windows 10 on the SSD. Because my laptop was freezing I switched it off directly using the power button. When I started again, I got a blue screen saying that Your PC needs to repaired...
  3. 0xc000007b error

0xc000007b error: My issue is with the Epic games launcher. can anyone help me with this please, ive tried to uninstall and reinstall Epic games and ive tried to reinstall/install all microsft visual c ++ or whatever, with no solution. i cant fix it, can anyone help?...
  4. Error is 0xc000007b

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error is 0xc000007b: I just recently installed windows 10 and im constantly getting error 0xc000007b from basically all of my applications. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-is-0xc000007b/96fba39c-983b-4848-a69d-9e2fedbc771f
  5. Error 0xc000007b

Error 0xc000007b: I have a problem with some of my steam games I know this isn't steam support but they haven't been helpful some of the games when I try to launch them from the steam app will display the game is running for a couple seconds then goes back to not running. When I try to launch...
  6. error 0xc000007b

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    error 0xc000007b: plz help me ........................ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0xc000007b/5fbc7037-faaa-48f5-b2e4-96bd4be3b0e2
  7. 0xc000007b error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    0xc000007b error: So I have this program called the Sega Model 2 Emulator. It worked on my old laptop and the error showed. no matter what I did, I couldn't get it to go away. I have Direct X 12, .net 4.8, in visual c++ 2017. Can somebody help me?...
  8. error 0xc000007b

error 0xc000007b: I've been wanting to try to develop a game, so I installed Unity 2018.2. It worked and then I got the update for windows 10. (I was previously using Windows 10, I am fairly certain this is the cause) I just recently downloaded the Unity 2018.3 beta. It doesn't work either. It...
  9. 0xc000007b Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0xc000007b Error: I upgraded to Windows 10 today with no major issues. However, I have been receiving the 0xc000007b error for ColorUService and APSDaemon.exe at start up. I receive the same error when launching Origin from EA Games and any related game. I talked to the techs at EA Games...
  10. BSOD and 0xc000007b boot error

BSOD and 0xc000007b boot error: I'm having an almost identical problem, but I cannot even reach a command prompt. This has been a stable system until this morning, now the BSOD shows that \Windows\System32\Drivers\aswVmm.sys (part of Avast Internet Security) is causing the 0xc000007b boot error... Doesn't...
Tags: