Windows 10: Boot error fix mbr error 3?

Discus and support Boot error fix mbr error 3? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I am trying to fix my computer yesterday with my file storage, and when i open my computer i get an error fix mbr error 3 ? How to solve this ? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JimmyJoh, Mar 9, 2021.

1. JimmyJoh Win User

Boot error fix mbr error 3?

So I am trying to fix my computer yesterday with my file storage, and when i open my computer i get an error fix mbr error 3 ? How to solve this ? I cant go back

thank you.

:)

JimmyJoh, Mar 9, 2021
  2. reverze Win User

vista boot error

Well, earlier today i was trying to setup a dual boot along with Xp and already had vista installed... so I made a partition on one of my HD's and went to install XP on it.. the instalation went back and I got an error that the CD was bad, so I rebooted and now I get the error Error Loading Operating System.. trying to figure out how to fix this.. I tryed playing in the BIOS along with using the Vista repair option but nothing helping.. my vista is on a different hard drive then where i tried to install XP to...not sure what else to do, I need to fix my boot file somehow... suggestions?

reverze, Mar 9, 2021
  3. bngchucky Win User
    ATIFlash 'ERROR 0FL01' FIX

If you have been suffering messages such as 'Adapter not Found' and 'ERROR 0FL01' or even 'Invalid Adapter or BIOS Selected' when trying to flash or reflash your Video cards Bios and you are lucky enough to own a PC capable of running more than one PCI-E Video card then this could just be the Guide you've been looking for.

--------------
    Required Files
    --------------
    *HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...swItem=MTX-UNITY-I23839&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN
    --------------
    *USB Boot Files
    http://www.4shared.com/file/43544416/39060a9e/HPUSBFW_BOOTFILES.html?s=1
    --------------
    *ATIFlash
    http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1731/ATIFlash 3.79.html
    --------------
    *Your Video Cards Bios
    http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/...re=&manufacturer=&model=&interface=&memSize=0

------
    Part 1
    ------
    Step 1 Create USB Boot Drive with HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool

Step 2 Copy all the USB Boot files to the USB Boot Drive (do not overwrite files when prompted)

Step 3 Copy ATIFlash files USB Boot Drive

Step 4 Copy new BIOS file to USB BOOT Drive (name it something like bios.bin as you will be using this name in a DOS Prompt later on)
    ------
    Part 2
    ------
    Step 1 Boot into 'Safe Mode' (by pressing f8 before booting into Windows)

Step 2 Uninstall ATI Drivers and Associated Software then Reboot
    \
    Step 3 Go to Device Manager 'Display Adapters' and Uninstall (including Software when prompted)

Step 4 SHUT DOWN your PC (DO NOT REBOOT, if you should so happen to Reboot repeat Step 3 above)
    ------
    Part 3
    ------
    Step 1 Remove your Video Card from the top PCI-E slot and place it in a different PCI-E slot (this is the step that sets this Guide apart from all the others)

Step 2 Reboot into your Mobo's Bios

Step 3 Once in your Mobo's Bios change the first Boot Device to USB-HDD (or your Equivalent setting) then Reboot

Step 4 At the C:\ Prompt type, atiflash -ai 0 ,this will provide you with proof that your Video Card does infact exist

Step 5 At the C:\ Prompt type, atiflash -unlockrom 0 , i suggest you do this because some Bios files are infact locked and can't be flashed until unlocked

Step 6 At the C:\ Prompt type, atiflash -f -p 0 bios.rom , this is when your Bios is actually flashed

Step 7 Once your Bios has been flashed simply 'Ctrl+Alt+Delete' to restart your PC

Step 8 Go straight back into your Mobo's Bios and change your first Boot Device back to what it was (probably HDD) then Reboot for the final time and your finished
    ------

bngchucky, Mar 9, 2021
  4. Crofter Win User

Very slow boot and MBR error 3 linked?

I have recently upgraded my desktop with a SSD drive and 8 Mb of memory. However, the PC still seems very slow and sluggish at times especially on start up which is glacial speed. I also get an error "MBR error 3" showing up constantly. Can anyone advise me if I am right in assuming that the two problems are linked?

My boot drive, C:, appears in the attached screen shot as drive number 3. Is this anything to do with it?

Thanks in advance.

Boot error fix mbr error 3? [​IMG]

Crofter, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Boot error fix mbr error 3? - Similar Threads - Boot error fix

2. gpt to mbr error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gpt to mbr error: hi i have only one ssd and i recently convert my ssd from gpt to mbr when I connect my bootable mbr USB to the computer it's not recognizable by the bios also my ssd it's not recognizable too can any one help me...
  3. gpt to mbr error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    gpt to mbr error: hi i have only one ssd and i recently convert my ssd from gpt to mbr when I connect my bootable mbr USB to the computer it's not recognizable by the bios also my ssd it's not recognizable too can any one help me...
  4. "MBR Error 1" Please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "MBR Error 1" Please help: Getting this on error on boot. I have a 1 TB ssd with windows 10 installed that was working fine until I restarted machine and booted to this error. “MBR Error 1. Press Any key to boot from floppy”Every thing I’m reading says to boot from a usb, get into command prompt and go...
  5. "MBR Error 1" Please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "MBR Error 1" Please help: Getting this on error on boot. I have a 1 TB ssd with windows 10 installed that was working fine until I restarted machine and booted to this error. “MBR Error 1. Press Any key to boot from floppy”Every thing I’m reading says to boot from a usb, get into command prompt and go...
  6. How to fix Wasteland 3 for PC errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Wasteland 3 for PC errors: I downloaded Wasteland 3 from Windows store on my Game Pass for PC account and it wont start. It had two .dll errors pop up when trying to start it, and I got them at https://www.dll-files.com/ but I have still at least one error, here it is [ATTACH] What I need to know...
  7. Error 0XC000014C during boot on MBR legacy partition

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Error 0XC000014C during boot on MBR legacy partition: Hi, I'm trying to recover a PC which holds important data. the PC can't boot and gives an Errorcode 0XC000014C. referencing to boot the pc can't start anymore, so i made an USB of windows 10. using commandprompt in the installer USB i tried: bootrec /fixmbr bootrec /fixboot...
  8. MBR error 2

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MBR error 2: I poweron my computer this afternoon and for first time i see mbr error 2 for just a moment and after the system start normally. I have windows 10 64bit I read a lot regarding this but I'm afraid of making mistakes to fix the problem Thank for your suggestions Hispa...
  9. Very slow boot and MBR error 3 linked?

in Windows 10 Support
    Very slow boot and MBR error 3 linked?: I have recently upgraded my desktop with a SSD drive and 8 Mb of memory. However, the PC still seems very slow and sluggish at times especially on start up which is glacial speed. I also get an error "MBR error 3" showing up constantly. Can anyone advise me if I am right in...
  10. MBR Error 1 on cold boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MBR Error 1 on cold boot: I recently upgraded a Toshiba A300 laptop (2009 model) from Win7 to Win10. I use a 125GB Kingston SSD as primary and a 280GB Hitachi as a secondary internal hard disk, in place of DVD drive, inside a craddle. This is a single OS installation, no dual boot. When I cold boot...