Windows 10: boot error

Discus and support boot error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; checking media fail error coming in dell laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-error/30ec04c8-e812-409f-aa27-eccaac303937 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JagadeeshbaranB, Aug 8, 2019.

1. boot error

checking media fail error coming in dell laptop

:)

JagadeeshbaranB, Aug 8, 2019
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Aug 8, 2019
  3. reverze Win User
    vista boot error

Well, earlier today i was trying to setup a dual boot along with Xp and already had vista installed... so I made a partition on one of my HD's and went to install XP on it.. the instalation went back and I got an error that the CD was bad, so I rebooted and now I get the error Error Loading Operating System.. trying to figure out how to fix this.. I tryed playing in the BIOS along with using the Vista repair option but nothing helping.. my vista is on a different hard drive then where i tried to install XP to...not sure what else to do, I need to fix my boot file somehow... suggestions?

reverze, Aug 8, 2019
  4. martel101 Win User

boot error

Unable to boot; 0xc000000f error on start

@axe0 - No, there was no file mentioned, although the error code remained the same. After I used the bootsec.exe /nt60 command the File: boot/bcd line appeared, which can be seen in the photos.
    @zbook - I'll try what you have suggested and post the results. As for the assigned drive letters, no I don't know why they already have assigned letters. As far as I can recall, those were in fact the drive letters they were assigned when the computer was working, but I didn't reassign them during the troubleshooting process. The steps I had already taken are listed in the original post. I had tried to rebuild the BCD previously, but with the same results (i.e. didn't have access, system not found etc.)

martel101, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

boot error

1. boot error - Similar Threads - boot error

2. "The computer restarted unexpectedly..." error after boot problems

in Windows 10 Support
    "The computer restarted unexpectedly..." error after boot problems: After updating to Windows 1903 my computer was showing the message "Reboot and select proper boot device". After following the fix listed here I ran into a new problem. The first time I booted up my SSD after applying those fixes, I was met with "Windows is updating" screen...
  3. the installation failed in the safe _os phase with an error during boot operation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    the installation failed in the safe _os phase with an error during boot operation: I have downloaded an iso for windows 10 from media creation tool when I am running the setup in the iso I do alla that things needed but when it says installing windows 10 it goes 100% it does a lot of restarts and it open to my desktop again and the setup opens and it says...
  4. Windows 10 Download Error, Than USB drive Boot Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Download Error, Than USB drive Boot Error: Hello, My computer got shut off in the instalation of windows 10 and is now in a crash loop. From there i got a usb drive and downloaded the 64 bit iso and iso.part. I dd'ed the iso file onto the usb drive. i go ahead and try to boot it from the usb drive with the boot menu...
  5. Windows boot error

Windows boot error: Ok, so I'm super frustrated and at the end of my rope. I've seen other people have this issue and have tried what seems like everything but nothing works. I have a computer that I built, and recently replaced the hard drive in. It's a brand-new, completely clean hard...
  6. Latitude 3330 Won’t Boot Up & Error Code 0xc0000221

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Latitude 3330 Won’t Boot Up & Error Code 0xc0000221: This is going to be a wild ride. I’m on vacation, and my mom brought all of our laptops in some flimsy bag just in a pile. Maybe something got knocked around then. I accidentally plugged my computer in to my sister’s charging cable which is nearly identical to mine, turned...
  7. Can’t Boot. Error 0xc0000225 and 0xc0000000f

Can’t Boot. Error 0xc0000225 and 0xc0000000f: So I was suffering from the 1903 Windows Update issue and that Intel RST Driver issue and I couldnt install the new driver for some reason. Googled for solutions and these sites kept telling me to go to system 32 and change “iastora.sys” to “iastora.old”. In hindsight that...
  8. Dual booting windows 10 install error

Dual booting windows 10 install error: I am trying to dual boot windows 10 on my ssd and am getting this annoying error Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation I have tried restarting and doing everything I can think of How can I fix this...
  9. Error Code 0xc0000185 when trying to boot off of USB windows creation tool

Error Code 0xc0000185 when trying to boot off of USB windows creation tool: As the title says, recently built a new PC and went to use a USB windows 10 installer that I previously created snd kept getting this error code 0xc0000185. I am currently recreating the windows 10 installer but am worried this will not fix the issue. Any insight would be...
  10. Boot manager problem - failure to boot - bcdedit error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot manager problem - failure to boot - bcdedit error: The machine is MSI Titan GT80 SLI running Windows 10 1903. It has 4 SSD disks, two PCIe and 2 SATA. I am only concerned about the PCIe SSD (2280 format). Here is the layout, it's disk 0 and disk 1 that are relevant. [ATTACH] Disk 0 boots just fine. I cloned the disk 0 to...