Windows 10: Boot Error

Discus and support Boot Error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an Acer with windows 10. I believe it was interrupted while trying to install and update. It would say "Windows is Undoing changes made" and get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Deon_TAOM, Oct 18, 2020 at 11:42 AM.

1. Deon_TAOM Win User

Boot Error

I have an Acer with windows 10. I believe it was interrupted while trying to install and update. It would say "Windows is Undoing changes made" and get stuck there. Now, system restore, safe mode, system repair along with just about everything else in the menu won't work. Some command prompt solutions have failed as well. What else can I do?

:)

2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

3. reverze Win User
    vista boot error

Well, earlier today i was trying to setup a dual boot along with Xp and already had vista installed... so I made a partition on one of my HD's and went to install XP on it.. the instalation went back and I got an error that the CD was bad, so I rebooted and now I get the error Error Loading Operating System.. trying to figure out how to fix this.. I tryed playing in the BIOS along with using the Vista repair option but nothing helping.. my vista is on a different hard drive then where i tried to install XP to...not sure what else to do, I need to fix my boot file somehow... suggestions?

4. ram93 Win User

Boot Error

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

Thema:

Boot Error

1. Boot Error - Similar Threads - Boot Error

2. Urgent: Boot Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Urgent: Boot Error: Hi, Just today, My only operating system windows 10's boot got corrupted, What happened exactly that I was moving some drives places for an unallocated spcae to be near the C drive, It was ready for a restart and then my PC overheated... And as I expected that the PC system...
  3. SrtTrail.txt error PC won't boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SrtTrail.txt error PC won't boot: Hi, since yesterday my PC wouldn't boot to lockscreen and I keep getting this error when I do Startup repair. D:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt I noticed this happening after installing 2 games, one on my SSD and one on my HDD. And also after changing my...
  4. Error installing Windows .ISO : "second boot phase"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error installing Windows .ISO : "second boot phase": I'm trying to install the newest Windows .ISO so I can make the 2004 update back from May install correctly. I tried with regular Update and with Update Assistant, no luck, several times. And just tried with an .ISO re-install of Windows, got the error 0xC1900101 0x40017...
  5. boot error message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    boot error message: Upon boot up, I get this message: "we are unable to connect right now. Please check your network and try again later." After a few minutes it changes to the correct account. How do I get it to boot to the correct account?...
  6. Computer won’t boot after “Restart to fix drive errors”

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer won’t boot after “Restart to fix drive errors”: I started up my computer after plugging in a new monitor and after a couple mins of it running fine it started to slow and the notification said “Restart to fix drive errors” The computer started to restart and it said it was fixing the errors. When it finished fixing them,...
  7. Error installing Windows .ISO : 0xC1900101 – 0x40017 "second boot phase"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error installing Windows .ISO : 0xC1900101 – 0x40017 "second boot phase": I'm trying to install the newest Windows .ISO so I can make the 2004 update back from May install correctly. I tried with regular update and with Update Assistant, no luck. And just tried with an .ISO re-install of Windows, got the error 0xC1900101 – 0x40017 "installation...
  8. windows 10 acer desktop - won't boot - error message says "we will reboot for you" but it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 acer desktop - won't boot - error message says "we will reboot for you" but it...: My newer Windows 10 PC worked fine when I shut it off last night, but having issues this morning. I am now using my old XP machine. Got a message that said "we will reboot it for you" but it didn't happen. I tried shutting it on and off several times, but no luck. If I...
  9. Windows 10 boot error code /BCD

Windows 10 boot error code /BCD: I had windows installed on an SSD but needed more storage room so installed a 3tb Mechanical hard drive. I set the boot to the SSD still as theres no OS on the hard drive. I then saw the error when i try and boot....
  10. Attempting to Dual Boot Windows 7 On My Windows 10 Machine, Get an Error Instead

Attempting to Dual Boot Windows 7 On My Windows 10 Machine, Get an Error Instead: Hello! This is my first time posting on the Microsoft forums, and I need your help. I have been attempting to dual-boot Windows 7 Ultimate with Windows 10 Home, I did a bit of research, and found that I needed an ISO file of sorts. I got the file in question from this...