Windows 10: Boot failure

Discus and support Boot failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; after the windows update, an INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE problem appears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ahmad1020, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Ahmad1020 Win User

Boot failure

after the windows update, an INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE problem appears

:)

Ahmad1020, Nov 13, 2019
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Kenshai Win User
    Confusing Disk Boot Failure

Well, Brand new Harddrive the western digital se16 caviar 640. Had a clean install, and while installing drivers and programs after a couple restarts I am receiving disk boot failure. Not the first restart or the second. Each time that it has given me the failure was after installing updates. I've system restored to before installing the updates and it works fine. It's a large list of around 38 or so updates. Granted may be a fluke but anyone heard of this?

P5N-E SLi
    E6420
    OCZ Platinum 2 x 1 kit
    WD 640gb

Kenshai, Nov 13, 2019
  4. ram93 Win User

Boot failure

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

Boot failure

1. Boot failure - Similar Threads - Boot failure

2. Cloned Windows 11 Hard drive gives kernel security failure error on boot, cannot even get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloned Windows 11 Hard drive gives kernel security failure error on boot, cannot even get...: Just cloned a laptop hard drive using an external offline block cloner. The clone completes and when I try to boot the drive I get the Kernel security failure bluescreen.I have tried disabling bitlocker and recloning but no avail. If I connect the cloned drive to a PC via USB...
  3. Cloned Windows 11 Hard drive gives kernel security failure error on boot, cannot even get...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloned Windows 11 Hard drive gives kernel security failure error on boot, cannot even get...: Just cloned a laptop hard drive using an external offline block cloner. The clone completes and when I try to boot the drive I get the Kernel security failure bluescreen.I have tried disabling bitlocker and recloning but no avail. If I connect the cloned drive to a PC via USB...
  4. how to fix boot drive X: failure due Errors i uppercase file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix boot drive X: failure due Errors i uppercase file?: Since windows 10 RE was not able to fix it and no backups exists.Plan is to make bootable USB drive where i need product key....how to find that?Just to try if chkdsk /F/R would fix the problem.I just just doubt a bit can i find my PC all mounted drives when i start-up via...
  5. how to fix boot drive X: failure due Errors i uppercase file?

how to fix boot drive X: failure due Errors i uppercase file?: Since windows 10 RE was not able to fix it and no backups exists.Plan is to make bootable USB drive where i need product key....how to find that?Just to try if chkdsk /F/R would fix the problem.I just just doubt a bit can i find my PC all mounted drives when i start-up via...
  6. how to fix boot drive X: failure due Errors i uppercase file?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Security Boot Verification Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Boot Verification Failure: Hey everyone, I've been playing FPS shooter games like Valorant for 2 years now. One day, I ran the same game I've been playing only to be greeted with a message that states: 'VAN:RESTRICTION - Security Boot Verification Failure'.I have TPM 2.0 enabled, and my security boot...
  8. Security Boot Verification Failure

Security Boot Verification Failure: Hey everyone, I've been playing FPS shooter games like Valorant for 2 years now. One day, I ran the same game I've been playing only to be greeted with a message that states: 'VAN:RESTRICTION - Security Boot Verification Failure'.I have TPM 2.0 enabled, and my security boot...
  9. "PXE-E61 : media test failure, check cable. PXE-MOF : exiting intel boot agent. Insert...

"PXE-E61 : media test failure, check cable. PXE-MOF : exiting intel boot agent. Insert...: I removed a part i tought it was battry of the laptop and put it back again but when i turn on the laptop i got the error "PXE-E61 : media test failure, check cable. PXE-MOF : exiting intel boot agent. Insert system disk in drive" and when i press any key it dos'nt dissapear,...
  10. "PXE-E61 : media test failure, check cable. PXE-MOF : exiting intel boot agent. Insert...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "PXE-E61 : media test failure, check cable. PXE-MOF : exiting intel boot agent. Insert...: I removed a part i tought it was battry of the laptop and put it back again but when i turn on the laptop i got the error "PXE-E61 : media test failure, check cable. PXE-MOF : exiting intel boot agent. Insert system disk in drive" and when i press any key it dos'nt dissapear,...