Windows 10: Boot files missing from system reserved partition

Discus and support Boot files missing from system reserved partition in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My husband is trying to move boot files from the hard drive to the ssd, but there are no files showing in the system reserved partition. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Morgan Deems, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Boot files missing from system reserved partition

My husband is trying to move boot files from the hard drive to the ssd, but there are no files showing in the system reserved partition. I have checked, they are not hidden. He originally had my windows 10 on a thumb drive but has already deleted it so we cannot start over that way. I offered to buy windows 10 again but he says that this one is already on the computer and can't be removed. Do you have any advice how to fix this? I'm afraid to turn off the computer, that it might not boot again.

:)

Morgan Deems, Nov 24, 2022
  2. Johan45 Win User

Win7 System Reserved Partition Full

Isn't that what the system reserved partition is ? Or is it just a backup incase the windows boot files get corrupt?

Johan45, Nov 24, 2022
  3. Frcraig Win User
    Two System Reserve Partitions

I have two hard drives on my computer, an SSD with my operating system (Windows 8.1 which I just successfully upgraded to Windows 10) and an hdd for additional storage. After upgrading to Windows 10 I noticed that I now have two System Reserve Partitions.
    One partition is on the SSD and the other is on the hdd. Both contain bootmgr and similar files. The files on the hdd have newer file modified/created dates than those on the ssd System Reserve partition. If I set my BIOS to boot from the SSD I get the
    blue screen message "no bcd found". If I set the BIOS to boot from the hdd it takes over a minute, but Windows 10 boots fine.

I'm guessing that the System Reserve partition on the hdd (storage hard drive) contains the boot files for Windows 10, but Windows 10 is not installed on that drive, it is installed on the SSD (which I think has the old Windows 8.1 boot files on its own
    System Reserve partition).

I've given the two System Reserve partitions drive letters so that I can see the contents of the drives. Can I simply copy the contents of the newer System Reserve partition onto the older System Reserve partition so that Windows 10 will boot from the same
    SSD that it is installed on?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Craig

Frcraig, Nov 24, 2022
  4. Boot files missing from system reserved partition

Anthony Gal, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

Boot files missing from system reserved partition

1. Boot files missing from system reserved partition - Similar Threads - Boot files missing

2. Boot files missing from system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot files missing from system reserved partition: My husband is trying to move boot files from the hard drive to the ssd, but there are no files showing in the system reserved partition. I have checked, they are not hidden. He originally had my windows 10 on a thumb drive but has already deleted it so we cannot start over...
  3. Boot files missing from system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot files missing from system reserved partition: My husband is trying to move boot files from the hard drive to the ssd, but there are no files showing in the system reserved partition. I have checked, they are not hidden. He originally had my windows 10 on a thumb drive but has already deleted it so we cannot start over...
  4. System Reserved Partition missing in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    System Reserved Partition missing in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]System Reserved Partition is a special partition in Windows that is invisible to users in Windows, including admin users. It is designed such that no drive letter is assigned and can only be seen using a disk partition tool. If you receive an error message that the...
  5. Move system partition to system reserve partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move system partition to system reserve partition: I had just install a new m.2 NVMe card yesterday and had cloned my primary drive over to the m.2. It was working wonderfully and was booting up okay then I had decided to clear the original primary drive. I had then tried updating windows from settings and when it tried to...
  6. System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Reserved Partition: Hello, I did some storage upgrade on my system by adding an M.2 NVME 1TB SSD drive and cloned my old drive that has windows 10 operating system. I now have two systems reserved partition on both the old and newly installed drive. The system reserved section limits my...
  7. Missing System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing System Reserved Partition: I'm not sure how it happened yet I seem to be missing my system partition for one of my drives. Everything still boots yet sometimes the system just sits on a black screen and I have to reset during boot. This is what my system looks like: [ATTACH] Based on this system...
  8. System Reserve partition missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Reserve partition missing in Windows 10: I've been getting a "Couldn't complete the update" error for some time now. Doing a little research, it looks like I need to expand my system reserve partition. However, when I run disk management, no system reserve partition shows up to expand. So, the question is: A) am...
  9. System reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System reserved Partition: as you can probably see in the screenshot , my System reserved Partition and the partition where my windows is installed are on totally different drives: windows: drive 0 (SSD) System reserved Partition: drive 1 (HDD) what i want is simple: move System reserved Partition...
  10. No system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No system reserved partition: Installed a Samsung SSD on my Asus CM6730-06 desktop running Win7. the Win7 OS was cloned from the Asus Pc to Samsung SSD. Windows 7 runs great off the SSD. Got a Windows 10 upgrade notice and received an automatic download of Win10 but when it tries to install I get the...