Windows 10: Boot FREEZE

Discus and support Boot FREEZE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I dont know when the last update was, however, as of MONDAY, my HP ENVY will not boot up. Tried restarting, 4x , even gotten so FRUSTRATED, I decided... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KIMMOSLEY1, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Boot FREEZE

I dont know when the last update was, however, as of MONDAY, my HP ENVY will not boot up.

Tried restarting, 4x , even gotten so FRUSTRATED,

I decided to a complete restart, DAMN.... that FROZE too...

WTH ??

:)

KIMMOSLEY1, Oct 9, 2019

2. Windows boots to the desktop then freezes

Yeah...I went to google and got the F8...lol*Stick Out Tongue Boot FREEZE :p....thxxx

It boots up in safe mode and seems to work fine. Now I just need to figure out what's causing windows to freeze up befor it fully loads in normal start up operation.

Any suggestions where I might start ?

dieselcat18, Oct 9, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Boot FREEZE

Windows 10 freezes

Hi Joshua,

• How are you trying to watch the videos? Which browser are you using?

• Which games are you referring to?
    There might be some third party application that is freezing your computer, I suggest you to place the computer in clean boot and check.
    Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
    Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

SujataMoktan, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Boot FREEZE

1. Boot FREEZE - Similar Threads - Boot FREEZE

2. My Asus N53J keeps on freezing on will booting up after installing windows 10 with media tool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Asus N53J keeps on freezing on will booting up after installing windows 10 with media tool: My Asus N53J laptop keeps on freezing while booting up and I just installed windows 10 on it. so now I can no longer use it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-asus-n53j-keeps-on-freezing-on-will-booting-up/5e1417a3-9c1a-4802-85cd-874f812dd875
  3. New PC Build First Time Windows Boot Attempt Freezes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New PC Build First Time Windows Boot Attempt Freezes: Hello I keep having windows 10 freeze on me during first OS boot. I just built a new PC. I turn it on and the bios worked & all hardware seemed to be operating fine. I set to boot from my disk drive and put windows 10 in then rebooted.. I get to the widows logo & see...
  4. Windows 10 Freezes on boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Freezes on boot: For the past week or so, my computer has started to freeze on the boot screen once my keyboard lights up the vast majority of the time. I could usually get though this by continually restarting it until it works, and by leaving one of my SSDs unplugged. Now, nothing is...
  5. Windows 10 boot freezes on logo but pressing reset it loads fine the second time.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 boot freezes on logo but pressing reset it loads fine the second time.: I turn on my computer and it boots up to the windows loading screen then it freezes. No loading dots just the logo. I press the reset button on my tower and then it boots up fine the second time no issues. Any suggestions on how to fix this? All the other topics on here seem...
  6. Windows 10 boots but freezes while loading desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 boots but freezes while loading desktop: Windows 10 64 bit machine has suddenly stopped working. Not joined to any domain and no password so goes straight into launching the desktop. But as startup items are loading the mouse or keyboard do not respond. Caps lock light etc do not respond light up either when pressed...
  7. Windows 10 1903 freezes on boot after restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 1903 freezes on boot after restart: Hello, I have installed the Windows 10 1903 update on two devices and it works fine until I have to restart, where doing so causes it to freeze on the boot screen with no spinning circle. I have all USB devices unplugged and it still does not boot? Is there anyway I can fix...
  8. System partial freeze after each boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    System partial freeze after each boot: After each boot my laptop will work as normal for 10-20 seconds, after that some (I think web based only) applications freeze, for me it's been Firefox and Discord. Sometimes the start menu is unresponsive at this time and the media ui will not appear when adjusting the...
  9. Windows 10 install: Booting from usb freezes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install: Booting from usb freezes: I cannot boot Windows from my bootable USB drive. I've tried multiple drives with no luck. I have tried disabling and enabling CSM and disabled fast boot but still can't get it. I keep getting to a screen with the windows logo and the loading dots but then everything freezes....
  10. boot times and constant computer freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    boot times and constant computer freeze: i bought a new dell laptop 2 weeks ago .i Its a dell laptop 4 gigs of ram.The cpu is an Intel i-7 and 320 hard drive. problem long boot time 3-4 minutes sometimes longer. the only programs i run is u torrent , Firefox, opera and bs player. The programs usually freeze for 2-3...