Windows 10: Boot from a DVD?

Discus and support Boot from a DVD? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can I boot from a DVD? 162257 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lostsoul65, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Boot from a DVD?

How can I boot from a DVD?

:)

lostsoul65, Aug 10, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Can't boot from DVD drive

Is your controller in RAID/AHCI modes? If so, the DVD drive will be listed as a separate device in the list of available boot devices, not as "CDROM". Remember that when setting boot device priority. Otherwise, read the manual to see which hotkey during POST brings up the boot menu that lets you select which device to boot from. Even here, the drive will be listed separately, and not as "CDROM".

btarunr, Aug 10, 2020
  3. OnBoard Win User
    P55A UD3 Problem Booting DVD Drive

You went to bios and selected the dvd drive as first boot up ?) cd-rom doesn't cut it, has to be that exact drive from the list.

OnBoard, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

Boot from a DVD?

booting from dvd

Having an Asus BIOS you should have a menu item that says BOOT, near the bottom should be a boot order...highlight the DVD drive and press PGUP until it is at the top of the list...at least that's how my Asus Z87 Pro bios works.

You should also refer to the manual for your mainboard as it should have a section dedicated to navigating your bios and where to find things within it.

Kursah, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Boot from a DVD?

1. Boot from a DVD? - Similar Threads - Boot DVD

2. So i need to boot ubuntu from a dvd but in the boot menu i don’t know what needs to be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So i need to boot ubuntu from a dvd but in the boot menu i don’t know what needs to be...: Pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-i-need-to-boot-ubuntu-from-a-dvd-but-in-the/71d597b1-5610-4bf8-b5f9-db5cbc3bfe29
  3. So i need to boot ubuntu from a dvd but in the boot menu i don’t know what needs to be...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So i need to boot ubuntu from a dvd but in the boot menu i don’t know what needs to be...: Pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-i-need-to-boot-ubuntu-from-a-dvd-but-in-the/71d597b1-5610-4bf8-b5f9-db5cbc3bfe29
  4. my computer isn't boot from usb drive or cd / dvd and ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer isn't boot from usb drive or cd / dvd and ...: In the name of GODhello EVERYONE!I need to your help to install a windows by flash drive .__ I bootabled a usb to install windows from usb . it's working on other computers and i installed windows in other computers but not working in my computer __ I tryed to install windows...
  5. my computer isn't boot from usb drive or cd / dvd and ...

my computer isn't boot from usb drive or cd / dvd and ...: In the name of GODhello EVERYONE!I need to your help to install a windows by flash drive .__ I bootabled a usb to install windows from usb . it's working on other computers and i installed windows in other computers but not working in my computer __ I tryed to install windows...
  6. Can't boot Windows 10 off a USB or DVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't boot Windows 10 off a USB or DVD: Installed LInux Mint 21 on a Dell laptop with Windows 10. I bricked Linux when trying to install a program. I went into Windows and deleted the partition Linux was on. I erased the disk and reinstalled Linux Mint 21. I tried to reinstall Windows 10 from both a USB and a DVD...
  7. Can't boot Windows 10 off a USB or DVD

Can't boot Windows 10 off a USB or DVD: Installed LInux Mint 21 on a Dell laptop with Windows 10. I bricked Linux when trying to install a program. I went into Windows and deleted the partition Linux was on. I erased the disk and reinstalled Linux Mint 21. I tried to reinstall Windows 10 from both a USB and a DVD...
  8. Can't boot Windows 10 off a USB or DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows 10 doesn't boot from OS, USB, DVD and F11 recovery doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 doesn't boot from OS, USB, DVD and F11 recovery doesn't work: Like others I noticed that after a recent update, the BSOD appeared more often. Today, Windows 10 failed to boot and the blue screen turned black with no cursor.Things I've tried:The UEFI memory and hard-disc checks, accessible via F2. The laptop passed both tests...
  10. Windows 10 doesn't boot from OS, USB, DVD and F11 recovery doesn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 doesn't boot from OS, USB, DVD and F11 recovery doesn't work: Like others I noticed that after a recent update, the BSOD appeared more often. Today, Windows 10 failed to boot and the blue screen turned black with no cursor.Things I've tried:The UEFI memory and hard-disc checks, accessible via F2. The laptop passed both tests...