Windows 10: Boot from a linux DVD

Discus and support Boot from a linux DVD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do I turn off secure boot? In the BIOS. You should see an option called Secure Boot, with the ability to disable it. I like taking good natured... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by larry316, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Boot from a linux DVD

In the BIOS. You should see an option called Secure Boot, with the ability to disable it. I like taking good natured jabs at Apple users...well, because they usually deserve it. I always forget that they aren't familiar with a BIOS because they give up all control of their computers. =)

DeaconFrost, Jun 21, 2016
  2. larry316 Win User

Well you can take another jab because my other computer is a chrome book. I remember seeing you had to hit a sequnec of keys before you get to disable secure boot. i guess I will have to hunt around to find it.

larry316, Jun 21, 2016
  3. Hunting party: Boot from USB

Apple

Chromebook

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Boot from a linux DVD

1. Boot from a linux DVD - Similar Threads - Boot linux DVD

2. Boot to linux OS from windows with a command

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot to linux OS from windows with a command: hello guys, i am using Windows 10 Version 21H1 19043.1023 i have also installed linux on my other drive, and i am using UEFI boot mode with fast boot enabled, i would like to know, can make any command shortcut that will reboot windows and boot to my linux os automatically ?...
  3. Booting from DVD on Lenovo computers?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting from DVD on Lenovo computers?: Can I boot my Levono computer from DVD? Apparently he wants to prevent me from installing a decent operating system on it. Bei Lenovo-Rechner von DVD booten?
  4. Boot from a DVD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot from a DVD?: I got a new computer but when I put a bootable DVD it won't boot from it, it just goes back into windows 10? What can I do to make it boot from my DVD? 162249
  5. Boot from a DVD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot from a DVD?: How can I boot from a DVD? 162257
  6. How to remove Linux from a dual boot?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove Linux from a dual boot?: I currently have Windows 10 and Linux Mint installed, I want to remove Linux Mint. submitted by /u/captain_degenerate [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fr0hk9/how_to_remove_linux_from_a_dual_boot/
  7. booting linux from USB

in Windows 10 Customization
    booting linux from USB: Hey guys, i have the surface laptop 2, and i have been trying to boot linux from the USB but nothing works. i used Rufus and format the usb FAT32. i tried to boot on my other laptop Acer and it worked fine. should i turn off the security boot and TMP ? i tried to change the...
  8. Dual boot with linux: only linux boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dual boot with linux: only linux boot: Hello, Well I'll sum up what I did so far: I had ubuntu + windows 10, was working fine but ubuntu was taking too much space on my drive. Deleted ubuntu partitions, gave the space back to windows, boot into the windows usb drive to perform the bootrec /fixmbr,fixboot...
  9. Boot from CD/DVD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot from CD/DVD: I need to run the gparted (Linux app) booting from the CDROM. Now I do not find the option for booting from CD/DVD in windows 10 any more. I have done it before, but it seems to have disappeared in Windows 10. Any Ideas? 59956
  10. Boot From USB/DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot From USB/DVD: I am so confused I don't know whether I'm coming or going. I want to install/dual boot Windows 10 with Windows 8, but with the tutorial, there's so much Win 7/Win 8, 8.1 included that I'm crosseyed! HP Pavilion g Series Windows 8.1 Pro laptop with BIOS, not UEFI. I want...