Windows 10: Boot from Hibernate takes 20+ minutes

Discus and support Boot from Hibernate takes 20+ minutes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Since fixing my Hanging at Verifying DMI Pool Data issue, I've noticed that if I hibernate my PC instead of shutting down, it takes around 20+ minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by milleniumaire, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Boot from Hibernate takes 20+ minutes

Since fixing my Hanging at Verifying DMI Pool Data issue, I've noticed that if I hibernate my PC instead of shutting down, it takes around 20+ minutes for it to restart. The circle of dots moves very, very slowly.

While starting from hibernate, if I press the reset button, the computer starts quickly - the dots spin and the usual speed.

So, anyone any idea what is going on with Hibernate? Why does it take so long to start up and what is happening in the background while the circle of dots are very, very slowly spinning?

:)

milleniumaire, Jun 13, 2016

2. Windows 10 takes 20+ minutes to boot and then freezes for the next 10 minutes at Login screen; Hard Disk at 100%

Straight away - does it go into safe mode without trouble? Shift-restart.

Computerabber, Jun 13, 2016
  3. Windows 10 takes 20+ minutes to boot and then freezes for the next 10 minutes at Login screen; Hard Disk at 100%

I recently went back to using my Desktop PC, everything was running smoothly for over 10 days until 2 days ago, when my desktop started exhibiting weird symptoms.

Suddenly, booting started taking over 20+ minutes (as opposed to under 30 seconds under normal circumstances) and it makes me frustratingly wait again for more than 10 minutes at the login screen.

The hard disk light glows constantly, indicating the fact that it's running at 100%. Once I logged-in after an INSANELY frustrating wait, Resource Monitor showed that some process with a super generic name of "system" was performing intense
    write operation on some sector of the disk.

When I looked at event viewer, under the 'system' tab, I could find a large bunch of errors with 'disk' tag, with the description: "The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block."

After this, I ran SMART test on my hard drive using SeaTools for Windows. My hard drive (which is less than 2 years old) passed all the tests.

Now, I when I tried restarting again, I encountered the same issue. Had to wait for an insanely long time, which actually tested my patience.

Now, I don't know how to proceed ahead. Although I can always clean install Windows 10 again, I don't want to go through that on a frickin' weekday if I find an easier solution before that.

Help me.

Thank you.

SkylarkRandomThunderbolt, Jun 13, 2016
Thema:

Boot from Hibernate takes 20+ minutes

1. Boot from Hibernate takes 20+ minutes - Similar Threads - Boot Hibernate takes

2. Windows boot takes about 20-30 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows boot takes about 20-30 minutes: I have this error for like 4 weeks and I think narrowed it down to some SSD driver problem. I've recorded the boot process and used performance analyzer. I found out that Boot session init phase takes the most time and freezes the boot process, the only thing going on the...
  3. Windows boot takes about 20-30 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows boot takes about 20-30 minutes: I have this error for like 4 weeks and I think narrowed it down to some SSD driver problem. I've recorded the boot process and used performance analyzer. I found out that Boot session init phase takes the most time and freezes the boot process, the only thing going on the...
  4. Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot: I have a three-year-old MSI laptop running Windows 10. Recently, it has taken forever to boot. Initially, the slow down was a "mere" 2-3 minutes, but now it's about 20 minutes to go from POST to the Windows 10 login.I found this answer in my search:...
  5. Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot: I have a three-year-old MSI laptop running Windows 10. Recently, it has taken forever to boot. Initially, the slow down was a "mere" 2-3 minutes, but now it's about 20 minutes to go from POST to the Windows 10 login.I found this answer in my search:...
  6. Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot: I have a three-year-old MSI laptop running Windows 10. Recently, it has taken forever to boot. First it was taking 2-3 minutes, but now it's about 20 minutes to go from POST to the Windows 10 login.I found this answer in my search:...
  7. Windows 10 takes about 20 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 takes about 20 minutes to boot: HelloI have a Dell Inspiron 15 3576 with Intel core i3, 12 GB RAM and a 1TB Toshiba MQ01ABD100 HDD. I have Windows 10 Home Single Language build 19043.1083It takes about 15 - 20 minutes to start every time. Tried enabling/disabling Fast startup, defragmented all drives,...
  8. Windows takes 20+ minutes to boot after cpu change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows takes 20+ minutes to boot after cpu change: I recently upgraded from a Ryzen 5 1400 to a Ryzen 5 3600, making sure to update the bios beforehand. However, Windows now takes 20 minutes on the blue logo with spinning white dots. When windows does boot up, all programs and games on my ssd (which is what windows is...
  9. 20+ minute boot time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    20+ minute boot time: I have windows installed on an SSD and it literally takes more than 20 minutes just to restart. It gets stuck at the windows logo with the dots moving in a circle. I've ran the system file checker, updated video drivers, cleaned registry with CCleaner, and I changed the page...
  10. 20 minutes to boot :(

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    20 minutes to boot :(: Hi all, I'm experiencing some big issues with my computer since 2 days: when I try to boot it takes more than 20min to boot (and sometimes it doesn't boot). Current situation with my drives: Primary (OS & programs): Samsun 850 EVO 1st Archive: Caviar Blue 1TB 2nd...