Windows 10: Boot from microSD

Discus and support Boot from microSD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The only history I could find on this subject was about 18 months ago, and that’s was just in general asking ‘can you’... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Archeball2, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Boot from microSD

The only history I could find on this subject was about 18 months ago, and that’s was just in general asking ‘can you’ https://reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/9fbdi9/can_windows_10_boot_from_microsd/

I have my 256 gb microSD card formatted and ready to go, and I plan to use it to run and operate Win10 on my tablet. Not enough storage to install onto the tablet but needed some help on how to install the full OS to the micro.

submitted by /u/Archeball2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Archeball2, Jan 30, 2020
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Music Sync with microsd card

Hello -

I am having all kinds of problems using my microsd card to sync music. I have a Lumia 822. I can sync music to my phone without issue. But, if I try to sync music to my microsd card, I get duplicate listings of songs. And, every time I try to re-sync,
    the song is listed again. This doesn't happen for every song, but for many. I have tried two different microsd cards - one is 32g and the other 64. Same problem for both. Any suggestions?

TIA

howiewolverine, Jan 30, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

Boot from microSD

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Boot from microSD

1. Boot from microSD - Similar Threads - Boot microSD

2. How to delete wrong driver from boot menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to delete wrong driver from boot menu: I accidentally installed wrong drivers for my keyboard and it told me I have to restart my pc and since then it hasn't been able to come on it keeps on showing me autorepair and after a few moments it shows me advanced options containing things like change startup behaviour,...
  3. How to delete wrong driver from boot menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete wrong driver from boot menu: I accidentally installed wrong drivers for my keyboard and it told me I have to restart my pc and since then it hasn't been able to come on it keeps on showing me autorepair and after a few moments it shows me advanced options containing things like change startup behaviour,...
  4. How to delete wrong driver from boot menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I recombine separate boot and system partitions back into one bootable system drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I recombine separate boot and system partitions back into one bootable system drive?: I am trying to turn an old 32bit Vista system into a Virtual Computer to run on my new Win11 PC in Hyper-V. However, the virtual machine boots to a BSOD. The old system had Acronis True Image installed now uninstalled, and it appears to have moved the boot portion of the...
  6. Can I recombine separate boot and system partitions back into one bootable system drive?

Can I recombine separate boot and system partitions back into one bootable system drive?: I am trying to turn an old 32bit Vista system into a Virtual Computer to run on my new Win11 PC in Hyper-V. However, the virtual machine boots to a BSOD. The old system had Acronis True Image installed now uninstalled, and it appears to have moved the boot portion of the...
  7. System Will Not Boot After Using Modified Unattend.xml file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Will Not Boot After Using Modified Unattend.xml file: After generating a revised Unattend.xml" from Windows System Image Manager and running "Sysprep", I receive the following error when booting the system after capturing the image, "winload.efi corrupt or missing". The file that works is as...
  8. System Will Not Boot After Using Modified Unattend.xml file

System Will Not Boot After Using Modified Unattend.xml file: After generating a revised Unattend.xml" from Windows System Image Manager and running "Sysprep", I receive the following error when booting the system after capturing the image, "winload.efi corrupt or missing". The file that works is as...
  9. Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources: Good morning,I have two local accounts with administrator rights created on my computer.The first one - belongs to me - let's call it Account XThe second one of my brother's - let's call it Account YWhen I open account X and log into it, everything is fine and the task...
  10. Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources

Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources: Good morning,I have two local accounts with administrator rights created on my computer.The first one - belongs to me - let's call it Account XThe second one of my brother's - let's call it Account YWhen I open account X and log into it, everything is fine and the task...