Windows 10: Boot from Removable Devices in Hyper-V

Discus and support Boot from Removable Devices in Hyper-V in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am learning Windows 10. I create 'Recovery Derive' in USB drive. How can I boot from USB in Hyper-v? I want go to WinRE with this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dani_F1, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Dani_F1 Win User

Boot from Removable Devices in Hyper-V

Hello,

I am learning Windows 10. I create 'Recovery Derive' in USB drive.

How can I boot from USB in Hyper-v? I want go to WinRE with this removable drive.

Thanks

:)

Dani_F1, Sep 15, 2019

2. Hyper-V

Hi Njha98,

You can remove Hyper-V by going to the control panel > add and remove programs > turn windows features on or off > and in the list there you should see Hyper-V

remove the checkbox and this will remove hyper-v

you may need to reboot

Jordan Langford, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Boot from Removable Devices in Hyper-V

s.kongrath, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Boot from Removable Devices in Hyper-V

1. Boot from Removable Devices in Hyper-V - Similar Threads - Boot Removable Devices

2. Unable to remove hyper-v

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Unable to remove hyper-v: I am on Win10 pro x64 build 1909 and am trying to remove they hyper-v component. Everytime i do the PC reboots, I see it say 15% then "can't complete the feature, undoing changes" and it reboots again with hyperv installed. i did some searching and saw some DISM and sfc...
  3. How to remove old Hyper-V settings for virgin reinstall of Hyper-V?

How to remove old Hyper-V settings for virgin reinstall of Hyper-V?: I had been using Hyper-V on Windows Pro to test routers, and had a quad nic installed while doing the testing. Now I completed that, and have removed the NIC to use in a server, but my Hyper-V is hosed. I uninstalled Hyper-V and then reinstalled, but it seems to retain the...
  4. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  5. Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature

Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature: I am using Windows 10 Insider Preview 11082 (upgraded from Windows 1151 fully updated. I had installed the Hyper-V feature in the latest Windows 1151 but had not used it before I received and installer the Insider Preview edition. The Hyper-V Manager was configured OK...
  6. Sharing XP Files from Hyper-V

Sharing XP Files from Hyper-V: I'm running Windows XP on Windows 10 with Hyper-V. How do I share files between XP and the c drive on my physical computer? This was so easy with VPC 2007. 29817
  7. Hyper-V installation causes boot failure

Hyper-V installation causes boot failure: Hello all. James here. I'm trying to setup Hyper-V, using Kari's tutorial. After I select the modules, Windows installs them and asks for a reboot. I oblige and then the system loops. I have tried three times and have had to restore all three times. I have enabled Intel...
  8. One for Kari - Secure boot with HYPER-V question

One for Kari - Secure boot with HYPER-V question: Hi there I see that although VMware and VBOX can't do it (they can use UEFI) it seems HYPER-V CAN create a level 2 (type 2) VM which can enable secure boot. I want to have a go with this on a W2012 Server HOST. Anything special needed for setting up the VM -- want to...
  9. Hyper-V no sound

Hyper-V no sound: Is there anyway to get sound with the various VM's that I have created in Hyper-V ? I am currently using it in 8.1 Pro. Larry 4927
  10. Hyper-V - Native Boot VHD

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V - Native Boot VHD: How to: Hyper-V - Native Boot VHD [img] Information First a quote from Microsoft Developer Network's (MSDN) support article: Native Boot allows you to create a virtual hard disk (VHD), install Windows to it, and then boot it up, either on your PC side-by-side with...