Windows 10: Boot From USB/DVD

Discus and support Boot From USB/DVD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; WooHoo! The good news is that QuickLaunch Toolbar is set up! The bad news is that the partitions are all dynamic, except for the HP Tools drive, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Wynona, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Edwin New Member

Boot From USB/DVD

Awesome!
    You mind posting a shot of that Disk Management, I'd like to see that?!
    Then I'll let ya get some sleep! *Wink

Edwin, Oct 6, 2014
  2. Wynona Win User

Sorry, Edwin, but I must have been gone when you posted. Here's the screenshot:

Boot From USB/DVD [​IMG]

Now I have to get Hubby to the doc's office for a routine blood test.

Back later . . .

Wynona, Oct 6, 2014
  3. Wynona Win User
    I have Office 365 installed and things look OK. I think Windows 10 is actually a bit faster than Windows 8. We'll see . . .

Wynona, Oct 7, 2014
  4. Boot From USB/DVD

Posted and then discovered that there were a lot more posts and that you fixed it.

MikeHawthorne, Oct 7, 2014
  5. Wynona Win User
    I wouldn't say it's fixed, Mike. The drives are still marked as dynamic, which means that so far, I can't dual boot; Windows won't install on the drive I prepared for it because it's dynamic. *Sad

What is strange, though, is that I installed Windows 10 on C:\ which is also dynamic. I need an answer to that one!

Wynona, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Boot From USB/DVD

1. Boot From USB/DVD - Similar Threads - Boot USB DVD

2. Can't Boot From Windows 10 Install from USB/DVD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Boot From Windows 10 Install from USB/DVD: Hi all, I currently have the "Your PC needs to be repaired" error so I'm trying to reinstall windows 10 completely. I used Microsoft's bootable media to create both a bootable USB and DVD (I also tried using Rufus to format it) but both don't seem to boot properly. When I...
  3. Boot from a DVD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot from a DVD?: I got a new computer but when I put a bootable DVD it won't boot from it, it just goes back into windows 10? What can I do to make it boot from my DVD? 162249
  4. Boot from a DVD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot from a DVD?: How can I boot from a DVD? 162257
  5. Unable to Boot from HD, DVD or USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Boot from HD, DVD or USB: I tried to restart my 'backup' PC , after a couple of weeks off , and got a message saying "The PC has run into a problem and we will restart it" It then says Preparing Automatic Repair before setting off into a repeat cycle, i tried to boot from a USB Recovery and a DVD with...
  6. New PC will not boot from USB or DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New PC will not boot from USB or DVD: I am building a new PC and, when I try to boot the machine from either a USB created by the Media Recovery tool, or from the proper Windows 10 DVD that I bought, the machine simply goes to BSOD and gives me error codes, mostly SYSTEM PTE MISUSE or PAGE ERROR FOUND IN...
  7. Booting from USB stick or DVD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Booting from USB stick or DVD: Imagine a computer where W10 is running on an SSD. I have a USB stick and/or a DVD which contain a bootable version of W10 (probably made from Microsoft's Media Creation Tool). After a fault, the plan is that after tickling F12 (in my case) the above bootable version could be...
  8. Cannot set 'boot from USB DVD'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot set 'boot from USB DVD': I have a new HP X360 14-ba151sa with Insyde BIOS. Yesterday I created a Macrium recovery disk, went into BIOS and moved USB CD/DVD to top of the list, F10 and exit. The system booted from DVD OK. Today, I wanted to boot from the DVD again, but this time the little arrow is...
  9. UEFI laptop, booting from DVD or USB fails

UEFI laptop, booting from DVD or USB fails: Hi On this new laptop which appears to have UEFI and Legacy BIOS settings, setting UEFI settings to boot from DVD or USB first in order to run a bootable format disc to preformat before a clean install has thrown an error message that ..."boot from [xx device] failed."...
  10. Can't boot from usb dvd

Can't boot from usb dvd: Hi Roomies @, I just upgrade to Win 10 PRO 1511 on my Lenovo laptop and burned a win 10 pro DVD. I would like to do a clean install but I'm not able to find my DVD drive on Bios or boot manager. Can someone please help me? Here are some images . [img] [img] [img]...